Lightbulb HERE 4 HELP FINDING CODE HISTORY & BUILDING CODE REFORM

Good day to all,
    For me, "Weather" is just a natural phenomenon, put a "MAN MADE" structure not designed to flow with nature in front of it and then they call it a "Natural Disaster!" This would not be the case if we learned to Build to Flow with Nature! Hence the study of the relationship between building code are our US Constitution as well as The Building code reviews of 1800's of US and other countries.
    I am looking for a DEBATE I read about years ago on "That building square structures are not safe but due to the loss of
    revenue on square footage if we stopped building square, it was decided that no code change would take place."
    If you can help please be forthcoming for I am working on a
    thesis paper for submission.

OREP Insurance

Default Re: HERE 4 HELP FINDING CODE HISTORY & BUILDING CODE REFORM

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Butler View Post
    Good day to all,
    For me, "Weather" is just a natural phenomenon, put a "MAN MADE" structure not designed to flow with nature in front of it and then they call it a "Natural Disaster!" This would not be the case if we learned to Build to Flow with Nature! Hence the study of the relationship between building code are our US Constitution as well as The Building code reviews of 1800's of US and other countries.
    I am looking for a DEBATE I read about years ago on "That building square structures are not safe but due to the loss of
    revenue on square footage if we stopped building square, it was decided that no code change would take place."
    If you can help please be forthcoming for I am working on a
    thesis paper for submission.
    Trying to make sense of your post...

Do you want to start a debate here? or are you looking for a reference for a document?

"The Code is not a peak to reach but a foundation to build from."

Default Re: HERE 4 HELP FINDING CODE HISTORY & BUILDING CODE REFORM

"...working on a thesis paper for submission. " I hope that it is not in english.