Tammy Womack Guest

Angry NEW TO THE SITE....

OK GUYS BE NICE WITH ANSWERS AND COMMENTS!!!! I AM IN THE PROCESS OF BUILDING MY 1ST AND LAST HOME. JUST COMPLETED THE EXTERIOR OF THE HOME AND MY CONTRACTOR CALLS ME TODAY TO INFORM ME THAT HE SAW MOLD GROWING ON THE SUBLOORS. HE HAS USED ADVANTECH FLOORING. MY ??? IS HOW DO I FIND OUT IF THE SUBLOORS ALREADY HAD MOLD IN THEM WHEN THEY WHERE LAID OR CAME AFTERWARDS. HE ALSO WANTS TO CONTINUE WORKING. I THINK HE NEEDS TO WAIT TIL AFTER THE MOLD PROBLEM IS RECTIFIED. ANY COMMENTS OR CONCERNS I SHOULD BE AWARE OF?????

Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: NEW TO THE SITE....

Hello Ms. Womack –

Welcome to the site.

The flooring material already had mould (mold). Drive around your part of town and look at all the new construction sites. See all that exposed timber framing? Sitting in the rain, the snow and the sun? Go to the lumber yards where this timber came from… see it sitting exposed to the elements? Go back to the construction site and look at it sitting on pallets and trucks and on slabs? While you are driving to the site, look at that big truck passing you with all the construction material on it… notice how it is uncovered and getting wet?

Of course it has mould on it. Every house in the country has mould and mould growth to some extent. Every house without exception has BILLIONS of mould spores.

Now…. What’s your question?

CaoimhÃ*n P. Connell
    Forensic Industrial Hygienist
    Forensic Applications Consulting Technologies, Inc. - Home

(The opinions expressed here are exclusively my personal opinions and do not necessarily reflect my professional opinion, opinion of my employer, agency, peers, or professional affiliates. The above post is for information only and does not reflect professional advice and is not intended to supercede the professional advice of others.)

AMDG

Default Re: NEW TO THE SITE....

Your Caps Lock is on...