Thread: yahoo email

Default yahoo email

I have Comcast as my main email server. I've discovered that when I send emails to people that you Yahoo as their email server, my transmissions getting through are unreliable. Many times they emails are delayed or they don't get them at all. Other times after delay, the emails go into their spam or junk folder.

Has anybody else noticed this about Yahoo? I've only had problems with Yahoo. Never noticed problems with any other servers.

What is causing this and is there anything I can do about it?

Member Benefits1

Default Re: yahoo email

IMO Yahoo email is terrible. I had it for awhile and had the same problems you are describing. Also, every time I get a client who didn't receive my report it's a Yahoo account and it's in their spam folder or lost somewhere else. I'm on Gmail now and it's 100% perfect. I also notice that about 95% of the spam emails I get from a contact who has had their email account hacked is a Yahoo address.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Fellman View Post
    I'm on Gmail now and it's 100% perfect. I also notice that about 95% of the spam emails I get from a contact who has had their email account hacked is a Yahoo address.
    About 95% of the spam I get is from gmail accounts with Yahoo email accounts making up most of the rest.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    About 95% of the spam I get is from gmail accounts with Yahoo email accounts making up most of the rest.
    Do you mean spam from an email account being hacked or just general spam?

It's funny, Gmail does such a good job filtering out spam that I don't really see any. I just checked my spam folder and, whoa Nelly, there is some serious volume coming in there.

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

I get things dumped into my Yahoo spam folder regularly that is not spam at all. I just make sure I check the spam folder every couple days.

"It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man". - Jack Handey

Do you mean spam from an email account being hacked or just general spam?
    General spam, not like accounts are being hacked so much (although I suspect some is from that too, just not much of it).

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Why not use your domain name email? I have used scott@traceinspections.com since I have had the domain name back in 1998...
    Looks a whole lot more professional IMVHO.... Than scott@gmail.com

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    Why not use your domain name email? I have used scott@traceinspections.com since I have had the domain name back in 1998...
    Looks a whole lot more professional IMVHO.... Than scott@gmail.com
    Absolutely does look more professional ... that is why I have jpeck@constructionlitigationconsultants.com and jerry@jerrypeck.com and codeman@askcodeman.com

I also have my email address from my internet provider jerrypeck@cfl.rr.com - this is my default email address and sometimes I forget to select the correct account when doing my other emails, however, the published email addresses are what matter most as that is what the public sees first.

Besides, all other email addresses are forward to my default email and when I respond from my phone the default email address shows (otherwise it gets too complicated from my phone).

And, of course, from my phone I had to get a gmail email address, but that is never used by anyone (other than Google), not even myself.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

I agree that for a long time a domain with a company looked professional but over the last 5 years or so I have seen less and less company domains and more gmail, yahoo, hotmail, etc. amongst my clients. Buyers I can understand... I think many have a work email with their company domain but also use a personal webmail account. But, RE agents I've really seen a migration away from their company domain to webmail - probably to make it easier to pack up and move companies in a pinch.

I agree that for a long time a domain with a company looked professional but over the last 5 years or so I have seen less and less company domains and more gmail, yahoo, hotmail, etc. amongst my clients. Buyers I can understand... I think many have a work email with their company domain but also use a personal webmail account. But, RE agents I've really seen a migration away from their company domain to webmail - probably to make it easier to pack up and move companies in a pinch.
    Matt,

I doubt anyone disagrees with the above, but I suspect that Scott was referring to inspectors here
    ... they are typically the owners of their company
    ... and the email Scott was referring to was (I suspect) the email used for company business

A gmail, yahoo, hotmail, etc., email address is good instead of one with your internet server so that when you change internet servers you don't have to try to remember the 500+ places you registered with your internet server email and now need to change. That's the only advantage I can think of for using those for email. Other than having an email account with one of those when you buy things and then just shut it down when the junk mail gets to be too much.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

I guess what I should have said is if you have a domain name then why not use it for email as well? I use my traceinspections.com for just about everything and yes I do get spam, but I would say that 98% of the spam is filtered out before it hits my inbox. I look at my email address as a form of marketing.

I also have about four additional emails that I seldom use. On my website I have inspectorhelp @traceinspections.com. This is my catch all address that gets tons of spam emails.

I also have hausecheck@ gmail.com, scottpat@ me.com,trace@charter .com All of the emails have a use but I use my scott@ the most and always for business.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com