cory nystul Guest

Default Would you call it out?

This wiring is in an attic closet. Would you call it exposed wiring? Cadet heater is non functional.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: Would you call it out?

Yes I would call it out, especially in a closet were items are going to be stored.

I would have to see more but based on that photo, I don't think I would make a big issue over it. I would make more of an issue over the missing drywall and the open wall cavity.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Sure. Why wouldn't you?

Amateur wiring, exposed wiring, not protected from physical abuse, etc. Its wrong and and likely to get damaged. If you don't at least document its wrong, then you are inferring by default that it is acceptable.

"The Code is not a peak to reach but a foundation to build from."

"Improvised and unconventional wiring methods have been used." That is where I would start and elaborate from there.

Cadet heater may be a recalled model. Is this a closet? Don't think a electric wall heater is safe to install in a closet. Maybe someone can come up with a code reference.

//Rick

Rick Bunzel
    WWW.PacCrestInspections.com
    360-588-6956

cory nystul Guest

You should have seen the rest of the house. Exposed stripped live wires, drains for second bathroom sinks not capped, posts holding up garage roof/deck not fastened in any way, missing flooring because seller "ran out of flooring", the list goes on and on.
    My average report is around 30 pages. This is only a 2600 sq ft house and its report is 45 pages right now.

The cable guy made a mess. Those cables are not dangerous in any way of themselves.
    Trip hazard for a closet lurker, but that's a good thing.

"Have an electrician remove the faulty non-working electric fan heater and have him cap the wiring in a closed junction box for safety."
    And I agree with Scott "Close the hole in the wall to keep moist indoor air out of the insulated wall, and to protect the paper vapor barrier."

John Kogel, RHI, BC HI Lic #47455
    www.allsafehome.ca

Quote Originally Posted by cory nystul View Post
    This wiring is in an attic closet. Would you call it exposed wiring? Cadet heater is non functional.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Kogel View Post
    The cable guy made a mess. Those cables are not dangerous in any way of themselves.
    Trip hazard for a closet lurker, but that's a good thing.

"Have an electrician remove the faulty non-working electric fan heater and have him cap the wiring in a closed junction box for safety."
    And I agree with Scott "Close the hole in the wall to keep moist indoor air out of the insulated wall, and to protect the paper vapor barrier."
    The Exposed Branch Wiring feeding the two outlet boxes are dangerous and need to be rerouted and secured.

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.