Default Seismic Gas Shutoff Valve

Heard a new one today and was wondering if any one could elaborate. An inspection was completed and the seismic gas shut off valve activated during the process. The client had the gas company come out to "reset" the device and confirm all appliances were working. According to the gas company; due to the seismic device activating, it damaged something in the water heater, hence the reasoning for not being able to re-ignite the water heater. Like I said, this is a first for me and I was wondering if anyone else ever came across this type of situation?

Inspection Referral

Default Re: Seismic Gas Shutoff Valve

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Birenbaum View Post
    Heard a new one today and was wondering if any one could elaborate. An inspection was completed and the seismic gas shut off valve activated during the process. The client had the gas company come out to "reset" the device and confirm all appliances were working. According to the gas company; due to the seismic device activating, it damaged something in the water heater, hence the reasoning for not being able to re-ignite the water heater. Like I said, this is a first for me and I was wondering if anyone else ever came across this type of situation?
    Is the water heater FVIR design and was there a seismic event?

The beatings will continue until morale has improved. mgt.

Default Re: Seismic Gas Shutoff Valve

[QUOTE=Vern Heiler;242300]Is the water heater FVIR design and was there a seismic event?

Hey Vern,
    No seismic activity and no, the water heater is not FVIR...Thanks for the inquiry.
    Mike