Default ASHI InspectPAC is working for you in Washington DC

ASHI is working for all home inspectors in the country regardless of your professional affiliation.

This past Saturday, April 26th, at the April ASHI Board Meeting, Mike Crow of Millionaire Inspector Community presented a check for $8,000 for ASHI's InspectPAC to President Bill Loden, President-Elect Alden Gibson, and Executive Director Frank Lesh.

The funds were raised at the recent conference, "3 Days of Secrets Revealed", which is sponsored by Millionaire Inspector Community. Thank you to all that contributed.

ASHI InspectPAC
    44 East Mifflin Street #101
    Madison, WI 53703

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Member Benefits1
    Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Default Re: ASHI InspectPAC is working for you in Washington DC

Someone inform ASHI that home inspection legislation is handled at the state level. The only two federal contracts dealing with the inspection industry, the lead paint course and the energy audit software, were awarded to InterNACHI. Generate a Home Energy Report in Just a Few Extra Minutes - InterNACHI I guess ASHI didn't get the memo.

Lisa Endza
    Director of Communication
    InterNACHI

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Endza View Post
    Someone inform ASHI that home inspection legislation is handled at the state level.
    I agree Lisa, Keep on a believing that and sooner or later the inspection profession will be better off

Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

Hats off to Mike Crow!

Someone inform ASHI that home inspection legislation is handled at the state level. The only two federal contracts dealing with the inspection industry, the lead paint course and the energy audit software, were awarded to INACHI. I guess ASHI didn't get the memo.
    You really don't have a clue, do you?

Ever heard of HUD, FHA or VA? What about Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac? All have been influenced by legislation made possible by ASHI's lobbying efforts that recommend and endorses home inspections. Even the EPA has been influenced by ASHI and it's lobbyist when it comes to radon in homes.

So, you are saying that INACHI was awarded the only two Federal contracts dealing with lead paint and energy audit software education for home inspectors? Can you cite a verifiable sources that confirms this, and not just a letter saying INACHI was approved to provide it?

It's apparent that many INACHI members feel they want national representation and not just local/state based on the support that ASHI's InspectPAC receives from your members. I have also heard about a thread on your discussion board was started asking Nick to start a PAC. But in usual form Nick does not see the need and quashed the request. I even understand he said he was a lobbyist! Somebody needs to tell him that he needs to register at the state level or national level as a lobbyist if he is advertising that fact and has not already done so....

ASHI's InspectPAC is not just for its members, it is working for the profession regardless of their affiliation.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Ever heard of HUD, FHA
    Yes. HUD and FHA pay InterNACHI for their managers to access our inspector courses. They are members of InterNACHI. If you scroll down the right column of that link you will see that of our 1,200 governmental approvals and accreditations, only two are federal. This industry is legislated at the state/province level.

I have also heard about a thread on your discussion board was started asking Nick to start a PAC. But in usual form Nick does not see the need and quashed the request. I even understand he said he was a lobbyist! Somebody needs to tell him that he needs to register at the state level or national level as a lobbyist if he is advertising that fact and has not already done so....
    Nick is a lobbyist. This was Nick's response to that post. I copied it word-for-word from the InterNACHI thread you are talking about.

Nick Gromicko wrote
    Let's take your state of Florida for example:

When licensing was adopted in Florida, I met with numerous FL legislators personally. I attended every public licensing meeting held by your state. I met with the Governor of your state, Charlie Crist, twice. I met with your House Majority Leader. We got the 10 square foot exemption for home inspectors. We got our members grandfathered. We got InterNACHI's exam approved for licensing. We got our Wind Mit course DBPR and CILB approved. We got our pre-licensing curriculum approved by FL DBPR. We got our online courses approved. We got our instructors approved. We got our classroom courses approved. We got our mold courses approved for mold assessors. We got Owens Corning to launch their roof inspection partnership with us in Florida. We got dozens of our courses approved for continuing education. We got our proctored exam approved for licensing. We set up a system with your state to notify them every time a member completes a course. We pushed through a Bill, signed into law by your Governor, Rick Scott, that exempts licensed home inspectors from having to have mold assessors license. We got our courses approved for real estate agents in Florida.

What the heck more do you want?

You mentioned "other associations." They have trouble getting anything approved. InterNACHI's powerful political strength is one of the reasons we have 1,755 members in Florida.

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Yes. HUD and FHA pay InterNACHI for their managers to access our inspector courses. They are members of InterNACHI. If you scroll down the right column of that link you will see that of our 1,200 governmental approvals and accreditations, only two are federal. This industry is legislated at the state/province level.

Nick is a lobbyist. This was Nick's response to that post. I copied it word-for-word from the InterNACHI thread you are talking about.

Nick Gromicko wrote
    So Nick is a registered lobbyist inn Florida? Funny, he is not listed in the state as one. No argument that Nick is good as stepping in to protect his livelihood wether right or wrong. What is amazing is that nobody ever gives a straight answer to direct questions without trying to spin or deflect the answer or the question.

Let's see if I'm right...
    How many members does INACHI have in the USA?
    How many members does INACHI have in Canada?
    How many dues paying members in the US?
    How many dues paying members in Canada?

Last edited by Scott Patterson; 05-07-2014 at 06:03 AM.
    Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Scott asks

Let's see if I'm right...
    How many members does INACHI have in the USA?
    How many members does INACHI have in Canada?
    How many dues paying members in the US?
    How many dues paying members in Canada?

The answers to all four of your questions changes throughout the day. This page updates those answers in live time. InterNACHI Membership Stats - InterNACHI

Roughly speaking, we have 10,000 U.S. members paying their dues and 1,200 Canadian members paying their dues.

You can go here to view them using this interactive map Clustered InterNACHI Map - InterNACHI Zoom in and out.

You can also view our visible members listed on Find an Inspector with InspectorSeek.com

Scott, how many members does your group have?

Last edited by Lisa Endza; 05-07-2014 at 07:26 AM.
    Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Scott, how many members does your group have?
    I don't have a group. But I do belong to The American Society of Home Inspectors and like your group the numbers change daily. ASHI adds about 100 to 150 new members a month. The last report I viewed showed ASHI to have right at 5,800+ members, with 400+ in Canada. ASHI is very open and transparent with their membership numbers, nothing is hidden.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

ASHI is very open and transparent with their membership numbers, nothing is hidden.
    Really? Do you have a page like ours where we can count them for ourselves? Does that number include associates, retired members, and affiliates? I think it does Scott

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Really? Do you have a page like ours where we can count them for ourselves? Does that number include associates, retired members, and affiliates? I think it does Scott
    Why would you want to count them? Don't you trust what is published on the IRS 990? That is public record.

I guess you could look up each city and state and count them on Find A Inspector, similar to what you have on the web page I'm guessing. I have never given it much thought about someone doing that. Also all records are public at the ASHI HQ building in Des Planes, IL if you want to see anything just make an appointment and show up.

Does it matter what membership level a person has, they are all members of the organization.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Does it matter what membership level a person has, they are all members of the organization.
    So I take it your answer is yes, your membership numbers include associates, retired members, and affiliates?

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI