Question How to age a Centurion furnace?

Hi all;

I ran across a Centurion furnace during an inspection, but can't seem to find any reliable information about it. I need the BTU's and age.

M/N: GF8075B12MU11B
    S/N: WOA7404224 (That 2nd item could be a 0 or an O.)

I tried an internet search, but got conflicting info. that this brand was made by Rheem, Trane, and York. Hopefully someone here will know for sure what this thing is, and who made it. Thanks a lot for your help with this.

Inspection Referral

Default Re: How to age a Centurion furnace?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Chambers View Post
    Hi all;

I ran across a Centurion furnace during an inspection, but can't seem to find any reliable information about it. I need the BTU's and age.

M/N: GF8075B12MU11B
    S/N: WOA7404224 (That 2nd item could be a 0 or an O.)

I tried an internet search, but got conflicting info. that this brand was made by Rheem, Trane, and York. Hopefully someone here will know for sure what this thing is, and who made it. Thanks a lot for your help with this.
    Seems like everybody has used that name. If you do not have the manufacturer you could Google the MN and probably verify that. The SN looks like York. Second digit would be a 0 (for 2000) and fourth, 7 would indicate 2007. That code works from 2004. Since 2010 the second digit would be a 1.

Default Re: How to age a Centurion furnace?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Reinmiller View Post
    Seems like everybody has used that name. If you do not have the manufacturer you could Google the MN and probably verify that. The SN looks like York. Second digit would be a 0 (for 2000) and fourth, 7 would indicate 2007. That code works from 2004. Since 2010 the second digit would be a 1.
    Thanks Mark. After posting the inquiry, I did find the newer York code and went with that. It was a relatively newer appearing furnace. Here's the link for anyone else who may need it. My unit fit the Style 1 format if the 2nd digit is a 0 (zero), so I think you are right on this one.

manufacture or age of an YORK® furnace or other manufactured YORK® HVAC unit | Building Intelligence Center

Googling (or in my case Bing'ing) the MN is how I came up with three different manufacturers I mentioned who may have made it. That just added to my confusion.

Thanks again for the quick help with this!