Thread: New member here

Ann Bailey Guest

Default New member here Need help with Ceiling!

Hello,
    I am new to this site was referred hoping to seek advice on ceiling trouble. I am renting a home built in 1920. It is a duplex. I live in Cumberland, MD. I have included the link to photo bucket to show what is going on with the ceiling on the 2nd floor. It was not like this when I moved in 5 years ago. My landlord is not acting on this or responding rather. This began a few months ago and becoming increasingly worse in such a short period of time. There is an attic I do not have access to the attic they sealed the doors to the attic. The roof has not been replaced in the past 10 years seems to be pretty dry rotted in the shingles as well.
    Is this something to be concerned about? Is this going to result in caving in? I once had a ceiling caved in on me in an apartment years ago. I just hope this isn't going to happen again in this house.

kate19201's Recent Uploads | Photobucket

Last edited by Ann Bailey; 05-23-2014 at 09:45 PM.
    Crawl Space Creeper

Hello Ann Bailey,

Welcome aboard. Enjoy your visit here at InspectionNews and if there is anything I can help you with just let me know.

In the upper left of the page there is a gift for business owners and one for home buyers, sellers or DIYers. This gift is from me to you. I hope you like it.

View The List Of InspectionNews Member Benefits!

-----------------
    Sincerely,
    Brian Hannigan
    InspectionNews.net / InspectionReferral.com
    Helping Inspectors $ucceed Since 1997TM

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/InspectionNews
    Twitter: @InspectionNews