Default Clothes washer water lines through wall????

Hello, I would think this is incorrect to run flexible water supply and drain lines through walls...... pretty much like you would think about wires passing through walls. After seeing this I am almost surprised I haven't seen something like this before. But in this line of work the weird stuff never ends and that's kinda the reason I like this job.
    Is there code against this?
    The lines are running from just inside the garage. The former utility room was remodeled into a 2nd pantry in this 1500sf townhouse. The owners must have been really hungry people. 20140528_124850.jpg

Thanks for the help guys.

Member Benefits1

Loren Sanders Sr. Guest

Default Re: Clothes washer water lines through wall????

Quote Originally Posted by TcDuhon View Post
    Hello, I would think this is incorrect to run flexible water supply and drain lines through walls...... pretty much like you would think about wires passing through walls. After seeing this I am almost surprised I haven't seen something like this before. But in this line of work the weird stuff never ends and that's kinda the reason I like this job.
    Is there code against this?
    The lines are running from just inside the garage. The former utility room was remodeled into a 2nd pantry in this 1500sf townhouse. The owners must have been really hungry people. 20140528_124850.jpg

Thanks for the help guys.
    It appears they are trying to save a few bucks. If they can rat proof the openings it would probably work but a bit unconventional in my mind. I don't think it is a good idea. What if the hose were to leak with a small burst inside the wall?