Thread: Septic tank lid

Default Septic tank lid

L-brackets supporting septic tank lid, rusting out. Lid was not bevelled so when the brackets fail there goes the lid along with anyone lucky enough to be walking over it!

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    OREP Insurance

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Default Re: Septic tank lid

I am so glad I do not inspect septic tanks.

"It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man". - Jack Handey

Thats a service I don't offer, besides septic pumper must be licenced as well as installers. However I always make a point of looking if honey wagon pumper is at site during inspection and take the clients to look see so they get a chance to speak to pumper and get the low down along with my 2 cents.

This particular septic had a pumping chamber, the water level was too high in main tank and pump was not moving it out fast enough to peat moss filter chamber. Another red flag for clients to deal with before they waive their conditions.

Also that lid was allowing alot of rain water into the first chamber since it was a very loose fit.

First time ever - clients told me the one reason they hired me was I charged more than my competition. Two competitors were only going to charge $400 on a $1,000,000.00 plus house. That did not jive with my clients and they liked my website and the fact I interviewed them when they called for more info on my services.

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post
    Thats a service I don't offer, besides septic pumper must be licenced as well as installers. However I always make a point of looking if honey wagon pumper is at site during inspection and take the clients to look see so they get a chance to speak to pumper and get the low down along with my 2 cents.

This particular septic had a pumping chamber, the water level was too high in main tank and pump was not moving it out fast enough to peat moss filter chamber. Another red flag for clients to deal with before they waive their conditions.

Also that lid was allowing alot of rain water into the first chamber since it was a very loose fit.

First time ever - clients told me the one reason they hired me was I charged more than my competition. Two competitors were only going to charge $400 on a $1,000,000.00 plus house. That did not jive with my clients and they liked my website and the fact I interviewed them

when they called for more info on my services.

Cheers,
    Agree, Don't know why some of our colleague give away inspections so cheap. assuming the home is a least 4-5000 sq or more the report along will take several hour to write never mind the field inspection which could be 3-4 hours long. Good Job Raymond

Fidel F. Gonzales
    RELIANT INSPECTION SERVICE
    http://www.reliant-corp.com

Unhappy Re: Septic tank lid

I knew a large man (long deceased of old age) that went for an unplanned swim in his tank when the whole top totally failed -- he managed to drag himself out eventually -- he made up his mind that "this was not the way he was going to die". He did have quite a few abrasions from his climb out.