Talking Trick or Treaters

Even the number of trick or treaters is slow this year, and I bought the good stuff. Snickers, Kit Kats, Pay-Days, M&M's, Laffy-Taffy, and Reeces PB Cups.

I might just throw those Snicker in the freezer. Those are great frozen.

I did have one kid about 7 come to the door. Thought he was dressed as a bum but he told me he was a meth head.

He had places all over his face like he had been picking at it and had those bad BUBBA teeth in his mouth.

What a world.

Gotta go, I have a Spongebob at the door.

rick

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: Trick or Treaters

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hurst View Post
    Even the number of trick or treaters is slow this year, and I bought the good stuff. Snickers, Kit Kats, Pay-Days, M&M's, Laffy-Taffy, and Reeces PB Cups.
    Similar to what we bought to give out, and we ran out just before 9.

Last year (our first year here in this area) we bought more and had some left over, so this year we bought a little less (not much less) and ran out early.

Still trying to figure out how much we need to buy????

Don't know how much more we would have needed as I turned the lights out so the kids would not come up to the door and be disappointed, but I've heard more kids out in the street, even just a few minutes ago around 10.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Great thing about this job is that I was already dressed to hand out the candy:

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

We got stuck with a big pile of candy too, BTW.

David Banks Guest

Sacajawea helping the aliens find their way on earth.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

We had just the right amount of treats. We live in an area that reminds you of "Mayberry". Folks import their kids to our subdivision to go haunting. Only thing missing is Earnest T!

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Nice to see all the little kids. In my area they come in in van loads from where I don't know but I actually heard one group that had a walky talky and they were passing info and addresses back and forth to other groups as to which houses had the best stuff. WOW smart kids, amazing how much money people will spend to make so little. But all in all, it was nice to give

David Banks Guest

When we were kids we would walk for miles and come home with 2-3
    pillow cases of candy. No worry about safety back then.

Richard Rushing Guest

Rick,

I bought the same kinds/ brands of candy. My thinking is that I buy what I like and want afterwards.

Heck, I always buy too much on purpose...

It got to be around 7:30 and I had not had any trick-or-treaters yet. I told the ole ball-n-chain that I was going to get in the truck and drive around that load'um up to come to our neighborhood (kidding of course )

About the time I said that, a freakin hurd of little kids started coming around, so that was great. The really good thing about this Halloween wasn't the usual band of really big kids trying to get in that one last year before they are made to give it up. All night, and we only had two kids (both girls) that were older than 12. Most were between 8 months and 10-- just like it should be.

I ended up giving out 6 bags of the good stuff and had 2 bags of the "really" good stuff left .

rr

Henry Valenzano Guest

I only had 2 kids show up this year. I have lots of candy left.

Kevin Barre Guest

We live on a secluded street that is actually a circle with only 5 homes on it. Never any trick-or-treaters in the 8 years we've been here. Last night was no exception. So my wife (who professes to be on a diet) comes in Tuesday with 2 huge bags of what I would call the good stuff -- if I still ate it. Reese's and candy bars. None of that hard candy crap.

Question: How dumb must she think I am?

Vince Santos Guest

Quote Originally Posted by David Banks View Post
    When we were kids we would walk for miles and come home with 2-3
    pillow cases of candy. No worry about safety back then.

During the earlier years of my childhood we lived in a huge neighborhood and would walk to School even in the second and third grade with other kids joining us on the way. Of course we were mindful of staying away from strangers cars and all but never really thought much about being snatched up or anything. Anyway, during Halloween we would walk most of the neighborhood and fill up large pillow cases of candy every year. Those were the best times for sure.

My four kids went trick or treating last night and managed to almost fill up one pillow case combined. They were happy enough but if they only knew how daddy used to do it..

Of course the joy of it now is I get to eat great candy but don't have to work for it.

I'm to lazy to repost the pictures of our Halloween here but you can see them there!!

Pre-Halloween pictures at the top. Halloween pictures at the bottom.

Real Estate Blog - Kentucky Home Inspector needs Ghostbuster & Spider Killer for his home

Erby Crofutt, Georgetown, KY - Read my Blog here: Erby the Central Kentucky Home Inspector B4 U Close Home Inspections www.b4uclose.com www.kentuckyradon.com
    Find on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/B4UCloseInspections