Default It's got to be Friday, because........

Got a call last week from a woman who needed an inspection. She was sent to me by TWO previous clients that work with her. I set up the inspection for today 11/2/07.

She called back last Friday and said we had to postpone the inspection because the court records showed the SF as 2350 and the MLS had it at 2800 (4bed/3bath). I moved it to next Monday 11/5/07.

She called yesterday and told me they got the SF worked out and needed the inspection Friday (today), Saturday or Sunday. I told her that I couldn't do it Today or tomorrow, and we don't work on Sunday. However, I could have the guy that works for me do it tomorrow. No she really wanted me to do it, since her friends had used me.

I call her this afternoon to find out what was going on - I had THAT feeling. She tells me her Realtor can't wait till Monday and she needs someone tomorrow or Sunday. I again tell her that I can't do it until Monday, but I can have my guy do it tomorrow.

She says her husband is calling around for someone. So I finally just tell her: Look, you had two friends refer me, and you can't wait for me, and you will take someone out of the phone book over a guy that has trained under me and will do a great job for you. She mumbles something about her husband..... (she is Chinese, so it's hard to understand everything she says).

I finally just wish her luck and hang up. Go figure the logic with some people.
    JF

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: It's got to be Friday, because........

Jack, this is one of those you are better off without.
    If she is hung up on a discrepancy on the listing after she saw the house in person... she is bound to be more trouble than it is worth. (but you already knew that)

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

Richard Rushing Guest

Jack, I can hear it now (from her husband).

jip-jow, jib-jae, jib-jal... translated: Find the cheapest in the phone book.

rr

Yea Jack. I got the call and I'm doing it today.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ghent View Post
    I got the call and I'm doing it today.
    John,

WOW! That's some Service Area you Have!

Thanks again for the charger. I hope you received the letter I sent.

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

Joe Nernberg Guest

Cool Re: It's got to be Friday, because........

Realtor referred me to a client who is buying a 5800 square foot home in foreclosure. I gave him my fee and he thought it was too much. "Compared to what?" I asked. Client says he has not compared fees - just "seemed" like a lot of money. I told him to skip an inspection altogether if he wants to save money. When I have used this line in the past, people argue in favor of the importance of a diligent home inspection.

Realtor called me yesterday to say that the client took my advice and will skip the inspection. Client called other inspectors and got similar quotes. $1.3 million dollar home and put $500,000 down. Foolish! I can only hope to inspect this home in later years when he is ready to sell.

Joe,

He probably decided to just let dear old pops take a look at it. He has owned a home for years.

rick

UPDATE!!!!

You won't believe this - well some of you might.

This afternoon about 2:30pm I get a call. Can my guy come out now? I tell her NO he can't. How about tomorrow? NO we don't work on Sundays - like I told you before. Can you come on Monday like we set up? NO I gave your appointment away when you said you were going to use someone else. When can you come inspect the house?

Drum roll........... "You need to find another inspector to do the job. Our policy is when someone cancels a job, we will not work for them if they call back."

I felt good when I hung up the phone.
    JF

Richard Moore Guest

Somewhere in this great land there is a competent inspector whose time, for some reason, is of no value at all, and who sits around idly day after day just waiting to serve this "lady" at a drop of a hat.

Oh, OK...so maybe there's not!