Default GE A Series II 400 Amp Panel Bond Location

This is one of the first GE 400 Amp panels (A Series II) I have come across. Can someone point to the location where the bond screw or strap is, or should, be located? Yes, this is the service equipment panel.

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...A140807047.jpg
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...A140807050.jpg
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...A140807049.jpg

OREP Insurance

Default Re: GE A Series II 400 Amp Panel Bond Location

Some of that series are manufactured with the neutral " bonded to the box".

For a future reference the panel label should show the bond location on the wiring diagram.

All answers based on unamended National Electrical codes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Port View Post
    For a future reference the panel label should show the bond location on the wiring diagram.
    There was no label anywhere on the panel that I could find that with a diagram showing the bond location (I did search for awhile). That is when I can to the conclusion that the panel may have been manufactured only for service equipment with permanent bond like Brad mentioned above. Just trying confirm that thought with someone who is more familiar with these specific panels.

john stone Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Richter View Post
    Some of that series are manufactured with the neutral " bonded to the box".
    HACK work of the first order cant use 1 terminal on main conductors neutrals poorly terminated undersized grounding conductors a mess

Just looking at the pictures, it is hard to believe the work was performed by a professional / licensed contractor. The wires are run haphazardly, mess in he bottom of enclosure, what appear to be gaps between side of enclosure and wall finish, no label on enclosure, breakers not identified as to use, etc.

john stone Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Don McCubbin View Post
    Just looking at the pictures, it is hard to believe the work was performed by a professional / licensed contractor. The wires are run haphazardly, mess in he bottom of enclosure, what appear to be gaps between side of enclosure and wall finish, no label on enclosure, breakers not identified as to use, etc.
    Yup true dat on YT there is a story about a rewire on a job 3 phase panel,residential,done by me after I got out of the Australian military and having only done industrial high voltage stuff like 3300 volt motors I learned on the job plus it lasted for 40 years with no problems couldn't understand where this guy was coming from

Don, How can you tell that the "breakers are not identified as to use" since the photos of the electrical enclosure were taken with the panel covers removed?

Last edited by Andrew Kolar; 08-20-2014 at 07:41 AM.

I may have over-reached on that comment. I just gathered that from statement "There was no label anywhere on the panel that I could find that with a diagram showing the bond location (I did search for awhile). "

john stone Guest

I may have over-reached on that comment. I just gathered that from statement "There was no label anywhere on the panel that I could find that with a diagram showing the bond location (I did search for awhile). "
    Location of MBJ or MEN Multiple Earthed Neutral must be shown at the panel or the first main switch or breaker AU wiring code

- - - Updated - - -

Location of MBJ or MEN Multiple Earthed Neutral must be shown at the panel or the first main switch or breaker AU wiring code

Those panels have quite a bit of info on the back of the deadfront, & does it even have a "suitable for service equipment" label on it?