Sky Jones Guest

Default sewer plug of sorts??

Hello All

I have never seen a plug/ blockage for an unused sewer line. Does anybody know what it is?
    DSCN3880.jpg

Inspection Referral

Default Re: sewer plug of sorts??

It's a temporary test cap that needs broke out and removed. A threaded fitting with clean-out cap should be installed. I see these in the crawlspace quite often, some times I find them left on at the roof vent pipes.

Sky Jones Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Trent Tarter View Post
    It's a temporary test cap that needs broke out and removed. A threaded fitting with clean-out cap should be installed. I see these in the crawlspace quite often, some times I find them left on at the roof vent pipes.
    So this is not some kind of insert plug? I am used to seeing caps but thought maybe I had missed a new kind of cap.

Sky Jones Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Trent Tarter View Post
    Caps, who needs caps. Looks good to me, (SARCASM) This was the first house yesterday.DSCN3851.jpg
    The waste lines were made of PVC, ABS, Cast iron, and Copper.

Loren Sanders Sr. Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Jones View Post
    Caps, who needs caps. Looks good to me, (SARCASM) This was the first house yesterday.DSCN3851.jpg
    What an expensive copper cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Jones View Post
    They forgot to fold it over, pinching it off isn't as effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Hintz View Post
    They forgot to fold it over, pinching it off isn't as effective.
    It is soldered though, which if done well, is sufficient.
    the biggest problem visible in the photo is the tee-wye on its back, and the failed branch connection. (pulled right out, with no visible glue signs)

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=David Johnston;247922] ... the biggest problem visible in the photo ...

after looking again I see that the cast wye has a rubber (plastic) wired over it for a cap -- also a big problem...

Sky Jones Guest

[QUOTE=David Johnston;247922]It is soldered though, which if done well, is sufficient.
    the biggest problem visible in the photo is the tee-wye on its back, and the failed branch connection. (pulled right out, with no visible glue signs)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by David Johnston View Post
    ... the biggest problem visible in the photo ...

after looking again I see that the cast wye has a rubber (plastic) wired over it for a cap -- also a big problem...
    You are very correct, I noted multiple other plumbing issues under this house.

Me thinks Virgina R Hammond might be more than a few individuals. Just look at the two post from it and the different writing styles.... Just saying...

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    Me thinks Virgina R Hammond might be more than a few individuals. Just look at the two post from it and the different writing styles.... Just saying...
    Her first response reads like an automated response. I noticed that in some other posts where she has two posts back to back. Nothing wrong with her comments, just rather impersonal.

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.