Default Suggestions on Patio Covers

I am about to install new patio covers to my Backyard. I was wanted to know about the Wood use for patio covers which is the best, reliable and will last long, also the price. The size of my patio is 8x8.
    I've almost finalized a patio cover company in roseville, so before they get into the work, i want to know about all the things.

Last edited by Jack Woods; 09-24-2014 at 09:50 AM.
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: Suggestions on Patio Covers

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Woods View Post
    I am about to install new patio covers to my Backyard. I was wanted to know about the Wood use for patio covers which is the best, reliable and will last long, also the price. The size of my patio is 8x8.
    I've almost finalized a patio cover company in roseville, so before they get into the work, i want to know about all the things.
    Make sure it is permitted, if required in your area. Contact your local city hall they can tell you. Most patio covers I see are just slapped up with little care or effort given to roof water runoff, flashing at the connection to the homes existing roofline and normally any electrical in the enclosure is haphazardly installed.

As for what type of wood? I guess that would be a question that is dependent on what you can afford. I like cedar and cypress for outdoor structures.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com