Default Allow Me to introduce Myself

My name is (Mary) Theresa Craig. I am a licensed real estate inspector in Texas since sept. 2013 with 15+ yrs. experience inspecting new home construction of manufactured and modular homes in all stages of construction. My field of expertise is electrical. I may be new to the real estate industry but not the Standards set forth by the IBC, IRC, NEC, UPC, IECC, etc. I was very fortunate to find a sponsor very quickly and acquired my RE Inspectors license thru apprenticeship and on-line core courses while still working a very demanding "day job". Unfortunately, after quitting my day job to devote more time to inspections, my sponsor no longer needed me.
    I am currently seeking new sponsorship. Someone willing to offer guidance and the opportunity for me to share my inspecting talents as a part of their team.
    Thank you for your consideration
    Theresa Craig
    TREC#20588
    mtheresacraig@att.net

Member Benefits1

Hello mary theresa craig,

Welcome aboard. Enjoy your visit here at InspectionNews and if there is anything I can help you with just let me know.

If you are a business owner please accept this gift for making your first post: http://www.inspectionreferral.com

If you are a home buyer, seller or DIYer, this gift is for you: http://www.inspectionnews.net/home-i...als/member.php

View The List Of InspectionNews Member Benefits!

-----------------
    Sincerely,
    Brian Hannigan
    InspectionNews.net / InspectionReferral.com
    Helping Inspectors $ucceed Since 1997TM

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/InspectionNews
    Twitter: @InspectionNews

My tran Guest

Default Re: Allow Me to introduce Myself

Hello there I'm a home owner. Been in the construction trade for a few years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by My tran View Post
    "My tran"?

Some introduction - got a real name?

I'm a home owner too, been in the construction trade for many years too ...

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    "My tran"?

Some introduction - got a real name?

I'm a home owner too, been in the construction trade for many years too ...
    Jerry, you might be jumping the gun to assume My Tran is not a "real name"
    I have several clients with very similar names.

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Luttrall View Post
    Jerry, you might be jumping the gun to assume My Tran is not a "real name"
    I have several clients with very similar names.
    If that turns out to be the case ... then they will have my apologies ... I guess he/she will let us know.

Although I would suspect that the "My" would be spelled differently - for some reason, some people look at a site with users using their real names, and then register without using their real names - granted, most people here register with a real name ... or a least a name which looks to be real on the surface.

In South Florida a friend of mine had a friend with a last name of Yu, and a first name of Foo ... signing his initials would set many people off ...

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

My tran Guest

No apologies needed . My Tran is my real name. Just wanna say this site has been a great help to me. Been doing home remodels and every single one has shady work. Either from past home owners or the builders themselves. I use this sites information to get the job done the right way. Thanks again for all the information.

No apologies needed . My Tran is my real name. Just wanna say this site has been a great help to me. Been doing home remodels and every single one has shady work. Either from past home owners or the builders themselves. I use this sites information to get the job done the right way. Thanks again for all the information.
    Wow..another CA guy. What part?

My tran Guest

I'm from the southbay in San francisco bay. I have a question for anyone that can give me their professional opinion . Recently I was at a 2 story home. I put a 78" level to a garage wall and it was 2" off plumb. I've checked the wall by the door which was located in the middle of the garage wall. The wall is perpendicular what looks like ceiling joist . Part of the dry wall is missing and there's 1/2" plywood behind it. On the other side of this wall is a laundry room , bedroom and bathroom. There are 2 bedrooms directly on top of the garage. Throughout the house I don't see any visible signs of drywall cracks. All the doors in the house open and close without rubbing. Windows no problems. Subfloor is 2x4s tongue and groove and 1/2" mdf on top of it. Is this wall considered a load bearing wall? Is it sructually sound? This house is located in earthquake state if that helps with anything to get this wall corrected or not. Thank you for your time.

Mary,
    Where in Texas?

I'm from the southbay in San francisco bay. I have a question for anyone that can give me their professional opinion . Recently I was at a 2 story home. I put a 78" level to a garage wall and it was 2" off plumb. I've checked the wall by the door which was located in the middle of the garage wall. The wall is perpendicular what looks like ceiling joist . Part of the dry wall is missing and there's 1/2" plywood behind it. On the other side of this wall is a laundry room , bedroom and bathroom. There are 2 bedrooms directly on top of the garage. Throughout the house I don't see any visible signs of drywall cracks. All the doors in the house open and close without rubbing. Windows no problems. Subfloor is 2x4s tongue and groove and 1/2" mdf on top of it. Is this wall considered a load bearing wall? Is it sructually sound? This house is located in earthquake state if that helps with anything to get this wall corrected or not. Thank you for your time.
    Hi My tran,

Hope I am not too late with this.

While your verbal description is good, commenting intelligently about something like this is difficult without actually being there or at least having a photo or two. That said, 2" out of plumb is unusual. Difficult to believe it was built that way. If the joists are perpendicular to the wall and it is one of the four garage walls, I think it very likely that it is supporting the floor above. In addition, garage vehicle door openings are often "soft", so it is not unreasonable to think seismic movement, particularly given the Loma Prieta earthquake back in '89.

If I noticed something like that, I would probably defer to a structural engineer.

Department of Redundancy Department
    Supreme Emperor of Hyperbole
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/