Thread: HVAC Adequacy ?

David Edens Guest

Default HVAC Adequacy ?

I recently inspected a 2505 sq foot (heated) house that was just built. The house was very well built and the HVAC system was properly installed as a single system unit, and it also served the bi-level home (1st floor was a basement). My question is in regards to the adequacy of the unit that is a four ton A/C and three burner 77,500 BTUHR output heater. I said in essence in the report that the adequacy needs to be checked by a licensed HVAC technician (since we don't determine adequacy). I blew out 97 degrees at the register after running 15 minutes on a 58 degrees day. Good call or not?

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

David Banks Guest

Default Re: HVAC Adequacy ?

MA standards of practice says adequacy of system to heat the dwelling is an engineering service. I would recommend Mechanical engineer instead of HVAC technician.

I blew out 97 degrees at the register after running 15 minutes on a 58 degrees day. Good call or not?

Man, your SOP's are tough. My running days have been over for quite some time.

Rick

David E.,

You seem to be doubting your call for servicing. Rather than make an issue that may not exist, I would have told client to go through this winter and see how the system does. New house should have a warranty on it if there's a problem.

If the house is well built as you say, then the furnace may be just fine. Plus most furnaces now have lower temp. rise ratings which might be throwing you off.

Eric Barker, ACI
    Lake Barrington, IL