Default InterNACHI's "Free Negligent Referral Protection for Real Estate Agents"

Hi Everyone,

It's been a while since we've posted anything and I still owe a few of a you a post on avoiding suit, which we'll do shortly. Some of you know that the focus of my practice here in Missoula, Montana is on real estate defect and disclosure litigation, including agent, broker, and home inspection malpractice claims. This is our latest blog post on InterNACHI's "Free Negligent Referral Protection for Real Estate Agents." Not something we'd recommend.

Thanks.
    C.J. Johnson

Member Benefits1

Default Re: InterNACHI's "Free Negligent Referral Protection for Real Estate Agents"

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Johnson View Post
    Hi Everyone,

It's been a while since we've posted anything and I still owe a few of a you a post on avoiding suit, which we'll do shortly. Some of you know that the focus of my practice here in Missoula, Montana is on real estate defect and disclosure litigation, including agent, broker, and home inspection malpractice claims. This is our latest blog post on InterNACHI's "Free Negligent Referral Protection for Real Estate Agents." Not something we'd recommend.

Thanks.
    C.J. Johnson

Great info
    How does this compare with an associations marketing gimmick of buying the home back is an inspector misses something?

Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

Default Re: InterNACHI's "Free Negligent Referral Protection for Real Estate Agents"

Good to hear from you again CJ.
    Good read

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

C.J., good to hear from you again. Don't be a stranger, please.

You seem to hit the nail on its' head in the second paragraph

"...negligent referral protection is designed to solve a problem that, for the most part, doesn't exist. Beyond some anecdotal stuff you might find online, this just isn't a major problem. Worse, this "protection" is almost impossible to trigger, and in our opinion, not worth the time..."

An offer of something that will not have to be delivered is quintessential marketing. All bang and no bucks and they think they are actually getting something. If they only knew.

Thanks for the posting...

Well Lisa has confirmed that:

"We've only had three claims in the long history of the program, none of them qualified for the protection,..."

Not the entire response but you have to pick and choose what is believable at times.

Exclamation Re: InterNACHI's "Free Negligent Referral Protection for Real Estate Agents"

Please stick to the topic on this and all threads. If you have a personal issue with with another person posting keep it personal through a PM or email.

Thank you.

View The List Of InspectionNews Member Benefits!

-----------------
    Sincerely,
    Brian Hannigan
    InspectionNews.net / InspectionReferral.com
    Helping Inspectors $ucceed Since 1997TM

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/InspectionNews
    Twitter: @InspectionNews

I would like to hear from CJ his opinion as to the other offerings such as 'We'll Buy Your Home" and $10,000 Honour Guarantee, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Sorrells View Post
    Well Lisa has confirmed that:

"We've only had three claims in the long history of the program, none of them qualified for the protection,..."

Not the entire response but you have to pick and choose what is believable at times.
    Brian,
    Not sure if your request was directed at myself. But from the fact that it seems that Lisa's post has been redacted from the thread causes me pause in contemplation.

If you took my comment as having a personal issue with Lisa, I apologize to Lisa and anyone that may have taken offense. Unlike her employer's forum that promotes personal attacks I would agree that IN is 180 degrees the opposite and appreciate it.

I have no personal issues with Lisa nor the association that employ her, unlike the corroborated personal issues and rancor directed at forum members that she has as shown in many postings. Though it has been questioned if others post in her name. Which would lend credence to the mood/tenor swings demonstrated between threads and postings as such may not be attributable to her personally.

If umbrage was taken by my saying that "you have to pick and choose what is believable at times." it is only as a result of the hyperbole that flows from her posts at times.

If I may rephrase my opinion that may be the seed for the admonishment:
    "Not the entire response but you have to pick and choose what is supportable at times."

C J Johnson brought a professional view as to the potential legality and forbearance needed in an offering and how it may affect others. The partial quote I attributed to Lisa was as a confirmation of the articles application/contention/opinion. If I can retrieve Lisa's full post I will post it here in this thread.

Again I apologize if anything was taken as demonstrative.

Garry

I think what may have precipitated the removal was my hitting the red triangle and reporting the post of an individual. Rather then having the one post removed solely many more posts from regular contributors got removed.

Personally speaking I have never found any of your posts offensive or in need of removal fwiw.

Last edited by Raymond Wand; 01-20-2015 at 06:53 PM.

Garry

Did you get my reply via private messaging? I am not certain my reply got sent?

Thanks