Default New Member Intro

I am contracted to do Building Inspections for several Towns in Wisconsin. The vast majority of the Permits I issue are related to Single & 2-Family Dwelling Units (which are regulated by the Wisconsin Uniform Dwelling Code) including Additions & Detached Accessory Buildings. Buildings & Structures used for Agricultural Uses Only are specifically excluded from the Scope of all Wisconsin Building Codes (but are still subject to Zoning Ordinances).

I am also a Wisconsin Licensed PE.

Inspection Referral

Hello Jim Webb,

Welcome aboard. Enjoy your visit here at InspectionNews and if there is anything I can help you with just let me know.

If you are a business owner please accept this gift for making your first post: http://www.inspectionreferral.com

If you are a home buyer, seller or DIYer, this gift is for you: http://www.inspectionnews.net/home-i...als/member.php

View The List Of InspectionNews Member Benefits!

-----------------
    Sincerely,
    Brian Hannigan
    InspectionNews.net / InspectionReferral.com
    Helping Inspectors $ucceed Since 1997TM

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/InspectionNews
    Twitter: @InspectionNews

Default Re: New Member Intro

My reason for getting on this Site is to ask some questions about routing of "FireShield" gas piping to Stationary Appliances (Furnaces, Water Heaters, Fire Places). Most of the Mechanical Contractors have gone to that Product in lieu of the Gastite CSST tubing as it is not required to be bonded. They are paying more per L. Ft but figure they are still saving money.

My problem is that the are dropping the flexible pipe from the Ceiling in the middle of nowhere to a Black Pipe assembly with drip & Appliance Connector (ending about at the Top of the Appliance). This just seems very susceptible to some one grabbing & pulling it loose at the connection. I've looked at Installation Practices for the Products. And I've looked at Table 4-3 (Support Spacing) and it sure looks like it is in compliance with such recommendations/requirements. I haven't found anything I can enforce to make this installation being more secure.

Can anyone help me.

I will try to get some pictures after the Holidays.

Default Re: New Member Intro

Jim,

When you get the photos, post them and your question in the gas forum where more people will see it

Welcome aboard.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com