Default Lead Paint Disclaimer?

It dawned on me that I need to have a Lead Paint disclaimer in my reports. You know something along the lines of This house was built before 1978 and probably contains lead based paint. It is hazardous. Beyond the scope of an inspection. Seak professioanl help. Blah blah blah.

If anyone has a lead paint disclaimer they are willing to share, would you please post here? Thank you.

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1
    "The Code is not a peak to reach but a foundation to build from."

Default Re: Lead Paint Disclaimer?

Bruce,

This is what I use.

Exclusions are also put in written Report.

Attached Files Attached Files
    It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

Richard Rushing Guest

Default Re: Lead Paint Disclaimer?

Just a blurb...

Homes Constructed before the 1980s should be tested for lead before purchasing or renovating--Lead wasn't the paint itself, lead was used as a pigment and drying agent in alkyd oil-based paint. Whereas, the newer Latex type water-based paints generally have not contained lead and are much safer. Unless properly sealed or encapsulated, lead based paint can leach through other paint coatings/ surfaces and adhere to those as well. About two-thirds of the homes built before 1940 have lead based paint issues. Approximately one-half of the homes built from 1940 to 1960 contain heavily-leaded paint. Some homes built after 1960 also contain heavily-leaded paint. It may be on any interior or exterior surface, particularly on woodwork, doors, and windows. In 1978, the US CPSC lowered the legal maximum lead-content in most kinds of paint to 0.06% (which is a trace amount).

Does this home have lead based paint? We cannot tell you that it does or does not. Providing lead based paint inspections is beyond the scope of the Texas Real Estate Commissions Standards of Practice and thus, not accomplished.