Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Distinguished Inspector Society

Quote Originally Posted by John Shishilla View Post
    btw, if you get your head out of your ass it might smell better(sorry I couldn't resist on that one).
    Smells more like plain old bull $hit ... like the stuff you are peddling (sorry I couldn't resist on that one either).

Let's see:
    - You have a web site, but it doesn't give facts or do anything.
    - You have a logo, but it doesn't do anything and no one is using it, much (or to that affect)
    - I could go on, but I will leave you to keep preening in your mirror, else your image of your self actually show through.
    - Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who is the fairest of them all ... (isn't that the line?)

You can keep blowing smoke, I'm outta here for some fresh air.

Inspection Referral
    Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    Smells more like plain old bull $hit ... like the stuff you are peddling (sorry I couldn't resist on that one either).

Let's see:
    - You have a web site, but it doesn't give facts or do anything.
    - You have a logo, but it doesn't do anything and no one is using it, much (or to that affect)
    - I could go on, but I will leave you to keep preening in your mirror, else your image of your self actually show through.
    - Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who is the fairest of them all ... (isn't that the line?)

You can keep blowing smoke, I'm outta here for some fresh air.
    Who said we were peddling anything?
    Looking for anything or want anything?

You suspect many have visited other inspectors, but how many do it year after year? We do, we think it is better than sitting in a class.

I really don't think the "typical inspector" shows his/her competition how they do everything.

I hope that answered your questions. btw, if you get your head out of your ass it might smell better(sorry I couldn't resist on that one).
    The guys Jerry is talking about still see each other, still inspect together, even though they are competitors. We consult with each other on a daily basis, not weekly, not monthly and not yearly. DAILY. When Nextels came out a large number of us conversed while we we did inspections. My office even scheduled 4 of my competitors.

Sure they do. We do here, as we do in the field in south Florida. There is nothing to hide. There are no trade secrets, just the opposite. We all get better and do things similar. That is what becomes the Standard of Care in an area. We all see each others reports, add to each others reports, help each other with reports. When one of us gets hurt, the rest of us jump in and do their inspections for them and give them the money. This setting one inspector against another was started by Nacho. We will have no part of it, or them. We love what we do and love helping each other and the buyers.

Your last comment above shows just how professional you really are. If you only knew how much the man you are addressing has done for this industry and for ALL inspectors in Florida. FYI, keep comments up like that and I assure you a certain membership will not be approved. We do not do that to fellow members, especially to ones that are in the inspector hall of fame. It is a direct violation of the code of ethics. Watch your mouth, you are not addressing the children on your home cite. Totally uncalled for.

They would really like to know why I will not talk about certain vendors.

At least Russell answered the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffGHooper View Post
    The guys Jerry is talking about still see each other, still inspect together, even though they are competitors. We consult with each other on a daily basis, not weekly, not monthly and not yearly. DAILY. When Nextels came out a large number of us conversed while we we did inspections. My office even scheduled 4 of my competitors.

Sure they do. We do here, as we do in the field in south Florida. There is nothing to hide. There are no trade secrets, just the opposite. We all get better and do things similar. That is what becomes the Standard of Care in an area. We all see each others reports, add to each others reports, help each other with reports. When one of us gets hurt, the rest of us jump in and do their inspections for them and give them the money. This setting one inspector against another was started by Nacho. We will have no part of it, or them. We love what we do and love helping each other and the buyers.

Your last comment above shows just how professional you really are. If you only knew how much the man you are addressing has done for this industry and for ALL inspectors in Florida. FYI, keep comments up like that and I assure you a certain membership will not be approved. We do not do that to fellow members, especially to ones that are in the inspector hall of fame. It is a direct violation of the code of ethics. Watch your mouth, you are not addressing the children on your home cite. Totally uncalled for.
    Sorry, totally called for, even if it was a joke. I came here to offer to answer questions and got insulted when I refuse to comment about vendors. I don't care how much anyone has done for anything it is no excuse to insult someone with half truths and innuendos.

I am happy you guys get along so well. I do know who most of you are and am realizing that you are no better acting as a professional than many of those "others".

- - - Updated - - -

At least Russell answered the questions.
    He didn't say anything much more than I said from the beginning.

Last edited by John Shishilla; 02-08-2015 at 08:22 PM.

Jeff,

This will be my last (if I can keep it under control) comment on this thread, and it is one that John will like, and dislike, so be it.

The "one of the founders" of "Distinguished" inspectors has certainly "distinguished" himself above all others here.

I am acknowledging that John has "distinguished" himself here.

I am also acknowledging that John's "distinguishing" himself here shows a lack of character and, presuming that the club allows in other such characters as members, one of my first posts is even more applicable now than I could have imagined:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck
    Wasn't it Groucho Marx who said he wouldn't want to join any club who would allow him to be a member (or something like that)?

Any inspector who meets their requirements has no reason to join their club ... and should be wise enough to realize that nothing good can come from joining.
    John has made my case for me, I could not have done better.

Jeff supplied the secretary, I supplied the Nextels and some other stuff, the others supplied other components, we all worked together for the common good of all, and, most importantly, the common good of the profession.

Last edited by Jerry Peck; 02-08-2015 at 09:00 PM. Reason: "as" should have been "has" - oops
    Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Yes, my last post here too. Like I said, nothing new, other than they think they have something special and new. Nohing new at all, something we have been doing already for 20 plus years. I even remember us compiling a list of the best inspectors in the Nation for referral to our clients. We just had no fancy LOGO and did not require marketing. Must be some type of marketing thingy is all I can figure out.

Good luck with that.

Great, other members of DIS have jumped in while I was playing with motorcycles this weekend. I see none have answered my original question though, so I'll re-state it.

Why do you have a requirement to provide a warranty to the buyer of the property? In doing so you're giving (or selling in some cases) your client's personal information to an outside vendor. This is something I don't agree with and don't support. As an inspector, I believe, you should never give out a client's personal information without a court order. In fact, this is one of the reasons I do many inspections for high profile people; professional athletes, movie and television personalities, Secret Service / FBI agents and politicians. Do you really think I'd be doing these if I gave out or sold their personal information? What do you think would happen to me if I sold or gave out the the contact information of the AIC of the FBI or the Vice President of the United States when I did their inspections? And why would I treat my non-famous 1st time home buyer any different than these people?

MinnesotaHomeInspectors.com
    Minnesota Home Inspectors LLC
    ASHI #242887 mnradontesting.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Rowe View Post
    Great, other members of DIS have jumped in while I was playing with motorcycles this weekend. I see none have answered my original question though, so I'll re-state it.

Why do you have a requirement to provide a warranty to the buyer of the property? In doing so you're giving (or selling in some cases) your client's personal information to an outside vendor. This is something I don't agree with and don't support. As an inspector, I believe, you should never give out a client's personal information without a court order. In fact, this is one of the reasons I do many inspections for high profile people; professional athletes, movie and television personalities, Secret Service / FBI agents and politicians. Do you really think I'd be doing these if I gave out or sold their personal information? What do you think would happen to me if I sold or gave out the the contact information of the AIC of the FBI or the Vice President of the United States when I did their inspections? And why would I treat my non-famous 1st time home buyer any different than these people?
    Who said you have to give out a clients information? Please let me know where that is said. Or is that just an assumption? I can give a 90 day warranty, can I not? I think at one time AHWS did not pass on party information and I believe Nathans stuff can also be non disclosure, I think..ask him.

I have been doing this for quite a while as well. I find offering a warranty, helps me with having the client understand the limitations of my inspection. If I say, you have 100 days and of anything goes wrong, I will fix or replace it....guess what happens when they call 6 months from now complaining about a dishwasher? I can let them know about the "100 DAY" warranty and that it worked for several months before breaking.

To me it gives the client a sense of comfort and covers them for any obvious misses and yet it gives me and them a time period to call about any complaints.

I know John very well, and he discontinued a relationship with a vendor (not Nathan) because he refused to give his clients information away. I don't know of any of us that give our clients information away. I don't.

But very confused on how the Distinguished Inspector Society can be called anything, but a society. Please will the person who received an email to become a member let me know who they were? Which one of you was invited? Who received postal mail?

Let me guess, not a single person here was approached, invited or even hinted to becoming a member.

So if we didn't market directly to you and we never asked you for a penny...then how can we be "dishonest" or unethical or anything but a great bunch of guys who help each other out.

Did that answer your question?

Last edited by Russell Hensel; 02-09-2015 at 05:49 AM.

her
    Sorry, totally called for, even if it wasinnuendos a joke. I came e to offer to answer questions and got insulted when I refuse to comment about vendors. I don't care how much anyone has done for anything it is no excuse to insult someone with half truths and .

I am happy you guys get along so well. I do know who most of you are and am realizing that you are no better acting as a professional than many of those "others".

- - - Updated - - -

He didn't say anything much more than I said from the beginning.
    WOW! That's rich John......I seem to remember someone insulting me for having a license number in the 3,000's on another forum.

Stringent requirements? The requirements don't sound stringent, easily navigated or falsified.

Overseen by peers? Who are the peers?

Recognition? Recognition doesn't come by having fancy titles. Recognition is built on reputation, service, ethics, professionalism, not by a title, and the ethics and standards are enforced by an independent committee and the rules are formulated by bylaws. Anyone who is in this profession for long enough will already be established and won't need no stinking titles.

As with CMI we know these important items are lacking. Its just another group of inspectors overseeing their comrades to give the appearance of legitimacy. Look beyond the title. What backs up the title to give it legitimacy? Not much.

Its just another marketing title to fool an unsuspecting public who thinks a title is the be all and end all.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Sheppard View Post
    her

WOW! That's rich John......I seem to remember someone insulting me for having a license number in the 3,000's on another forum.
    If you find facts insulting I can not help that. You were mocked because you were condescending. Again I agreed with much of what you wrote, I wrote that there and now again here. Your statements were true but your attitude was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post
    Stringent requirements? The requirements don't sound stringent, easily navigated or falsified.

Overseen by peers? Who are the peers?

Recognition? Recognition doesn't come by having fancy titles. Recognition is built on reputation, service, ethics, professionalism, not by a title, and the ethics and standards are enforced by an independent committee and the rules are formulated by bylaws. Anyone who is in this profession for long enough will already be established and won't need no stinking titles.

As with CMI we know these important items are lacking. Its just another group of inspectors overseeing their comrades to give the appearance of legitimacy. Look beyond the title. What backs up the title to give it legitimacy? Not much.

Its just another marketing title to fool an unsuspecting public who thinks a title is the be all and end all.
    How can they be falsified? All members are researched, vetted and interviewed by multiple members. It is not a group for everyone, it is a group of people with like mind and like vision coming together to better the industry from our point of view. Once again, we are not for everyone and every group that is, well...ends up sucking and having no legitimate qualifications.

Peers...I will define it if you like. But peers are other members of within the society. I didn't think that needed an explanation but apparently it does.

Your correct, recognition does not come by fancy titles ( I guess our pick of names has done its job, apparently you see as being exclusive, which is the purpose, so thanks for the compliment), but it comes with your peers seeing you as a professional inspector, as viewed and deemed by those in which people have already come into contact with.

Here is an example. Hey Russ, that inspection you performed on my house was outstanding, but I am moving to Cleveland, Ohio...Do you know any good inspectors up there? So, now the person already knows what I do and how I do it. They are impressed with the quality of inspection and professionalism (whether you agree or not). So now I can go, find another inspector in Cleveland and give the person his number without fear or worrying the guy will suck.

Its not about stinking titles, it is about a network of professionals that you can count on. I mean really count on. How bad is that? Knowing when you pick from that list it is a person you would have inspect your own home.

What backs up the legitimacy is that the people have ALREADY come into contact with a member and like what they see, and they want to find another person of the same skill set and professionalism. So we give them that.

What I guess many of you fail to see, is that we are an society for the public, not for other inspectors. Case and point, not a single person here received any type of marketing to become a member. Not a single one...right there is the legitimacy, we don't want every Tom, Dick and Harry, we want people of like mind and like skill set.

We often meet the person first, talk to them, research them and see if we are a good fit. We don't want people who don't want to be a part of us, and as all of us have said, we are not for everyone. So right there is the legitimacy, is that many don't meet what we are looking for. Who decides? ALL THE MEMBERS, vote on the person...majority rules.

A member from the same area cannot be approved unless the present member of that area allows it to be voted on...

I can see where many think this is an "old boys club", but it is quite the opposite, it is the old boys, newer boys, and professionals wanting to be associated with professionals club.

I have seen ASHI, NACHI, NAHI, FABI and been to each of their meetings at one point or another in my career, and I can say that I would not trust a majority of them to perform an inspection on a house my parents were going to purchase.

So what is the cure for this? Please enlighten me...I am willing to listen.

My observations for what they are worth:

This is how almost every home inspector organization has been started. The founders all had and idea for a better organization and did not like certain aspects of the already available organizations. Good, Bad or Indifferent they seldom succeed past a few members over the original founders. I think it is good that like minded individuals feel they can help each other and select fellow inspectors.

As for their joining requirements? It is what it is. If you don't like them then don't join. We have plenty of options in our profession that a person can look at. From instant certifications and master titles to actual certifications you must earn.

Comparing to other organizations? I don't think you can really compare DIS to anything else we currently have available to home inspectors. Mike Crow's group is probably the closest from what I can tell. DIS appears to be more of a marketing help and support organization, again like Mike Crows group.

I see nothing wrong with it being a private for profit organization. Again, it you do not like it then don't join and or look at your other options. No membership group will have it all and no group will be able to supply everything for everyone. This is why we have new membership organizations appearing all the time.

On a national basis and in regards to home inspectors: Only one organization has been around for 40 years. Only one organization is called on by HUD/VA/EPA and other government agencies to help them when they have the need for information or help in drafting material for their programs. Only one organization is really controlled by its members. Only one organization has a functioning network of over 60 chapters. Only one organization has a political action pack(InspectPack) and a full-time lobbyist in DC that not only works for the organization but also for the betterment of the entire profession.

For me, I do not like the warranty requirement, the affiliation with Nathan and his business and the fact that membership is controlled by other inspectors because this does give the impression of a Good Ole Boys Club. It's not for me but this does not mean that somebody else will not see value in it and might even find a benefit in it. I wish the DIS all the success.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Edited/redacted for the sake of brevity. Yet it turned out long..

I am a member of D.I.S. Actually a founding member, ....... Nathan does host the site, for free I might add.
    .... Nathan gets no money from D.I.S. either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Hensel View Post
    I too am a founding member of the D.I.S. .....

.......So several of us got to talking and decided to start our own society and for it to be private so we can control who enters. ....

The recall check thing...yes, I decided to pay for the hosting and the filtering of emails......

........We said a warranty, I could care less where they are from.

We also want to build a network of national people ...... I can go to a list of inspectors and feel very confident in their abilities to perform well.

John,
    It seems that there is a discrepancy in your statements about RecallCheck and Nathan. It does appear that he (Nathan) is paid by DIS per Russel Hensel a founding member of the D.I.S.

I can understand your reluctance to answer question in a public forum as the responses have residual effects. Then again there is the issue of credibility when you will not speak in an open discussion and desire to go behind closed doors.

One example is the statement made by Russel that "We said a warranty, I could care less where they are from" followed by "I can go to a list of inspectors and feel very confident in their abilities to perform well." which may be construed as not caring about the integrity of the person offering a worthless warranty just to gain favor with a real estate agent or other entity. It may be a supposition though it begs the question.

In this forum there are back door conservations that take place via personal messages, though I am sure that those are miniscule as compared to the public conversations taking place. Unlike the demeanor demonstrated in the InterNachi forum which you have had a significant presence, this forum typically demonstrates decorum and respect between its participants and yet no comment will go unchallenged for veracity.

Within this forum there are members that have extensive and varied backgrounds that they draw from which culminates with fact based opinions. Further I would assert that most have a justified distrust for much of the various marketing attempts that they have seen over the years. So they look at things with a jaded eye. But then they also in performance of an inspection routinely question everything that they see and are presented . This is a function on the business, to question, form opinions and express them.

So , John et al. of DIS it is not that so much that many are dissing you (DIS), just that they distrust self-serving groups that hold themselves out as a public service. The forum will take anyone to task and question their motives and methods.

You call the DIS a society of like minded people which is the common definition of a fraternity. whose membership restricts membership to the group by the group. Nothing wrong in general yet the KKKlan started as a fraternity and I do not think that most would not resent the questioning of their motives and purpose as it evolved. Not drawing a direct correlation other than the reasonableness to question any group.

From one of the founders sites, "We are the inspection company that was chosen to inspect the largest home sold in the history of Florida at $47,250,000! ".

What is funny about that is that.

1. He is only about 90 million short of the most expensive in Florida. The largest home, (not most expensive) is in Palm Beach County and I did that one. 85 million.
    2. I have preformed probably 10 or so in excess of that figure, and there have been over a hundred houses here on the east coast that have sold for more than that.
    3. The most expensive home for sale in Florida is / was Le Palais Royal in Florida is currently for sale again for $139 million, making it most expensive home in America. Again on the east coast.
    4. About 10 years ago I inspected an 85 million dollar home and a 69 million dollar home back to back.

I typically do not mind a little embellishment, but truth in advertising goes hand in hand with professionalism, ethics, and morals. To be trustworthy involves the absence of false claims.

More from this guy: (First in the NATION to perform inspections using a multi inspector approach on the job.) That designation in Florida goes to Evert Rawlings about 40 years ago.

More: (First Home Inspection Company in Southwest Florida to offer Home, Commercial, Radon, Mold, Wood Destroying Organism, and all insurance related inspections at one company!) Wrong again, I will not embarrass you with the names in your area that have offered this service for longer than you have been in business.

Even more: (First in Florida to complete reports on site at the time of the inspection.) This one really takes the cake and cracks me up. For two reasons, first, all inspections were performed this way 40, 30 and 20 years ago. Only recently inspectors found that accuracy and quality suffered from on site reports and are not frowned on by the nations top inspectors. All my reports were on site when I started 37 years ago as were most inspectors!

Grand statements like this can really hurt an inspector when or if a lawsuit is filed. Judges really frown on these things and it can certainly destroy an inspectors credibility when he lies.

My advice to ALL inspectors, wherever you are. Do not overstate your abilities or falsely advertise. Other expert witnesses here I am sure will agree, at least in part, that is one thing we take a very hard look at if we are called out against you. If we can establish a pattern of this, your ship will sink, and sink very fast.

Who said you have to give out a clients information? Please let me know where that is said. Or is that just an assumption? I can give a 90 day warranty, can I not? I think at one time AHWS did not pass on party information and I believe Nathans stuff can also be non disclosure, I think..ask him.
    How on earth can you give someone a 90 or 100 day warranty without passing on your client's contact information to the warranty company? In fact, most warranty companies are going to require the inspector to not only give the name, address, phone and email of the clients being covered by the warranty, but also a copy of the inspection report if there is ever a claim made. Regarding Nathan's products, all you have to do is look at his website to see what's required and the kickback that are paid. Since you seem to have a relationship with Nathan's company we can only assume you also are part of his warranty program. http://www.alarmleadsprogram.net/exchange.php

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Sorrells View Post
    You call the DIS a society of like minded people which is the common definition of a fraternity. whose membership restricts membership to the group by the group. Nothing wrong in general yet the KKKlan started as a fraternity and I do not think that most would not resent the questioning of their motives and purpose as it evolved. Not drawing a direct correlation other than the reasonableness to question any group.

I think that little country of like minded people wanting to make a difference as well..what country was it? Maybe you heard of it, it is called the United States of America, but yet the KKK is what came to your mind and you attempt to associate us with that, because it is the only organization you mentioned.

The Free Masons are another "fraternity" of like minded people, who got together to make a difference about 14 presidents and Benjamin Franklin were a part of this "fraternity".

Although you feel we need to be questioned, the great thing about being a private organization is we can do as we like. We owe you nothing and no explanation at all, and yet we have been giving you all the information as you asked for.

When I typed, I don't care which warranty you use, it had nothing to do with the quality of the warranty, but whom it came from. It was implied that you had to use Nathan Thornberry, that is not the fact and that why that statement was made, and yet you twist it in a way it was never meant to be. I said it and I stand by it, I don't care who the warranty is from. Which I don't, but it must be a valid warranty.

See, in other organizations and groups I can see why this worry some. It makes sense for you to question the quality and validity of everything offered. In this group there is no problem with any of that because we know the each and every member and the quality of what they provide and their integrity in all they do.

So please when you mention us being like a fraternity and mentioning the KKK in the same paragraph, please mention other "fraternities" that have changed the world...because I cannot name a group that didn't start out with a few like minded people coming together...Sorry we didn't have 10,000 people in one day singing Kumbaya...

How on earth can you give someone a 90 or 100 day warranty without passing on your client's contact information to the warranty company? In fact, most warranty companies are going to require the inspector to not only give the name, address, phone and email of the clients being covered by the warranty, but also a copy of the inspection report if there is ever a claim made. Regarding Nathan's products, all you have to do is look at his website to see what's required and the kickback that are paid. Since you seem to have a relationship with Nathan's company we can only assume you also are part of his warranty program. http://www.alarmleadsprogram.net/exchange.php

That's alarm leads, which is not the same. You can only ASSUME that we are part of his warranty program. Now that is funny...what else do you assume? There are companies you pay to give the warranty, like $12-$14 per house and they do not USE the clients information as any third party usage. I think Nathans company has this option as well...I don't know, call him.

So you can buy warranties for your clients where the information is not passed on to anyone else and not sold.

Seek and you shall find and your assumption is 100% wrong...but what can I expect?

From one of the founders sites, "We are the inspection company that was chosen to inspect the largest home sold in the history of Florida at $47,250,000! ".

What is funny about that is that.

1. He is only about 90 million short of the most expensive in Florida. The largest home, (not most expensive) is in Palm Beach County and I did that one. 85 million.
    2. I have preformed probably 10 or so in excess of that figure, and there have been over a hundred houses here on the east coast that have sold for more than that.
    3. The most expensive home for sale in Florida is / was Le Palais Royal in Florida is currently for sale again for $139 million, making it most expensive home in America. Again on the east coast.
    4. About 10 years ago I inspected an 85 million dollar home and a 69 million dollar home back to back.

I typically do not mind a little embellishment, but truth in advertising goes hand in hand with professionalism, ethics, and morals. To be trustworthy involves the absence of false claims.

More from this guy: (First in the NATION to perform inspections using a multi inspector approach on the job.) That designation in Florida goes to Evert Rawlings about 40 years ago.

More: (First Home Inspection Company in Southwest Florida to offer Home, Commercial, Radon, Mold, Wood Destroying Organism, and all insurance related inspections at one company!) Wrong again, I will not embarrass you with the names in your area that have offered this service for longer than you have been in business.

Even more: (First in Florida to complete reports on site at the time of the inspection.) This one really takes the cake and cracks me up. For two reasons, first, all inspections were performed this way 40, 30 and 20 years ago. Only recently inspectors found that accuracy and quality suffered from on site reports and are not frowned on by the nations top inspectors. All my reports were on site when I started 37 years ago as were most inspectors!

Grand statements like this can really hurt an inspector when or if a lawsuit is filed. Judges really frown on these things and it can certainly destroy an inspectors credibility when he lies.

My advice to ALL inspectors, wherever you are. Do not overstate your abilities or falsely advertise. Other expert witnesses here I am sure will agree, at least in part, that is one thing we take a very hard look at if we are called out against you. If we can establish a pattern of this, your ship will sink, and sink very fast.
    He performed the inspection and did the reports on site via a mobile office? I don' think so...But then again, I could be wrong. He provided a report with photographs embedded into the report? Really? I am not talking about pen and pencil written on a checklist...

Recently inspectors found...recently inspectors found that performing the job and completing it WHILE ON SITE, makes the most sense...but then again this guy has only owned an inspection company since 1994...mine has been around since 1985...but he knows all to well about me.

He has performed what 8,000 inspections in 37 years? That's a bragable number? He states he was involved in the writing of the Home Inspector law...which sucks. Have no idea why that is bragging, he screwed over every Home Inspector that was around then...but did he ever ask anyone their input on the law? He never asked for mine, I was around back then. I guess he was in the "good ole boys" network and could less about anyone else.

If I did 8,000 inspections in 37 years, I would consider that an embarrassment that after 37 years and having 9 employee inspectors that would be my number.

Please give me the names of the SW FLORIDA inspection companies who offered this longer than my business has been around...give me ONE...Hell give me ONE inspection company in SW Florida that has been around longer? Just one...

I will be waiting for those people names on this message board...let me know when you FIND one. Besides who could have offered INSURANCE inspections before 1985? Once again let me know...

Give me the names...I will be waiting.

Bill Mason, John Nelson, sadly both have passed away.

I personally performed 8K not my business. My business far exceeded that. Inspections were not the only thing I did. Oh, and wind mits are not included.

I chaired, and FABI financed, the first Inspector coalition for licensing that brought the organizations together. The law is a composite of what all the representatives from the different groups wanted. Thanks for the credit though. Your group was not included originally because you were anti licensing, and we knew it was coming. When you finally were allowed in after you realized it was going to happen, your group were obstructionist, you fought amongst yourselves, and you never did pay your share of the lobby money. There is still an outstanding balance.

Given and I agree, it is not a great law, we did what we could, and we will continue to change that law. No law is perfect and it will grow. The law we wanted would have prevented most of you from being grandfathered. We came down to your level and the State would not let us preclude you.

Not sure what that has to do with your "distinguished" DIS. Kind of clouds the issue don't you think? At least there are no overstatements on my site!!!!!!! And thanks for visiting! http://www.inspectionnews.net/home_i...es/redface.png

(but then again this guy has only owned an inspection company since 1994...mine has been around since 1985...but he knows all to well about me)

Well that would be a true statement if I had only lived and worked in Florida my entire life. Did you know that the US has 50 States? Bet you did not think of that one!!!

Quite frankly, no, I have never heard of you.

Now back on topic.

About DIS?

If you find facts insulting I can not help that. You were mocked because you were condescending. Again I agreed with much of what you wrote, I wrote that there and now again here. Your statements were true but your attitude was wrong.
    I have yet to really be insulted by you John, for that I would genuinely need to value your opinion.....which I don't. Is this really what the home inspection inducrty needs, another "ceritfied-master-expert-professional-distinguished-inspector" group claiming to be something it is not? Don't we have enough of that with CMI?

I was more than condescending....I was EQUALLY condescending to those who were belittling and offensive to my posts. I'm not sure what you call that in your book, but I call it fair-play!

I do have one question, why do you always want everyone to "call you"?

...but then again this guy has only owned an inspection company since 1994...mine has been around since 1985...
    "I have been performing Home Inspections for the past 10 years and the company I own has been performing Home Inspections for the last 26 years."

Florida Profit Corporation
    COMPREHENSIVE BUILDING CONSULTANTS,
    Filing Information
    Document Number
    M76332FEI/EIN
    Number650047179
    Date Filed 04/13/1988
    State FL Status INACTIVE
    Last Event ADMIN DISSOLUTION FOR ANNUAL REPORT
    Event Date Filed 11/09/1990
    Event Effective
    Date NONE
    Principal Address
    % C. MICHAEL FISCHER
    2800 PLACIDA RD. #112
    ENGLEWOOD, FL 34224
    Mailing Address
    % C. MICHAEL FISCHER
    2800 PLACIDA RD. #112
    ENGLEWOOD, FL 34224
    Registered Agent Name & Address
    FISCHER, C. MICHAEL
    2800 PLACIDA RD.
    ENGLEWOOD, FL 34224

No other records found.

From the mouths of babes!

He performed the inspection and did the reports on site via a mobile office? I don' think so...But then again, I could be wrong. He provided a report with photographs embedded into the report? Really? I am not talking about pen and pencil written on a checklist...

Recently inspectors found...recently inspectors found that performing the job and completing it WHILE ON SITE, makes the most sense...but then again this guy has only owned an inspection company since 1994...mine has been around since 1985...but he knows all to well about me.

He has performed what 8,000 inspections in 37 years? That's a bragable number? He states he was involved in the writing of the Home Inspector law...which sucks. Have no idea why that is bragging, he screwed over every Home Inspector that was around then...but did he ever ask anyone their input on the law? He never asked for mine, I was around back then. I guess he was in the "good ole boys" network and could less about anyone else.

If I did 8,000 inspections in 37 years, I would consider that an embarrassment that after 37 years and having 9 employee inspectors that would be my number.

Please give me the names of the SW FLORIDA inspection companies who offered this longer than my business has been around...give me ONE...Hell give me ONE inspection company in SW Florida that has been around longer? Just one...

I will be waiting for those people names on this message board...let me know when you FIND one. Besides who could have offered INSURANCE inspections before 1985? Once again let me know...

Give me the names...I will be waiting.
    Russell, how long have you been in the construction industry in Florida? Before you ask, I'm a native Floridian who started in the business in 1982. You stated that you have been in the home inspection business for 10 years but have only been licensed since 2010....not that it's a problem because licensing wasn't required then, but just curious.

"I have been performing Home Inspections for the past 10 years and the company I own has been performing Home Inspections for the last 26 years."

Florida Profit Corporation
    COMPREHENSIVE BUILDING CONSULTANTS,
    Filing Information
    Document Number
    M76332FEI/EIN
    Number650047179
    Date Filed 04/13/1988
    State FL Status INACTIVE
    Last Event ADMIN DISSOLUTION FOR ANNUAL REPORT
    Event Date Filed 11/09/1990
    Event Effective
    Date NONE
    Principal Address
    % C. MICHAEL FISCHER
    2800 PLACIDA RD. #112
    ENGLEWOOD, FL 34224
    Mailing Address
    % C. MICHAEL FISCHER
    2800 PLACIDA RD. #112
    ENGLEWOOD, FL 34224
    Registered Agent Name & Address
    FISCHER, C. MICHAEL
    2800 PLACIDA RD.
    ENGLEWOOD, FL 34224

No other records found.

From the mouths of babes!
    Jeff are you serious?...You think you got me again? Apparently you are WRONG again....lets see...

Fictitious Name
    COMPREHENSIVE BUILDING CONSULTANTS
    Filing Information
    Registration Number G07283900131
    Status ACTIVE
    Filed Date 10/10/2007
    Expiration Date 12/31/2018
    Current Owners 1
    County LEE
    Total Pages 2
    Events Filed 1
    FEI/EIN Number 59-2357422
    Mailing Address
    13650 FIDDLESTICKS BLVD STE 202-399
    FORT MYERS, FL 33912
    Owner Information
    HOMEBUYERS INSPECTION SERVICES OF SW FLORIDA, INC.
    13650 FIDDLESTICKS BLVD. STE 202-399
    FORT MYERS, FL 33912

FEI/EIN Number: 59-2357422
    Document Number: H55206

O damn...from the hands of people who do not know how to work a computer...But I guess the legal eagle cont do a simple internet search

-

Last edited by Russell Hensel; 02-09-2015 at 05:41 PM.

This is almost funyet it is amusing...

yet the KKK is what came to your mind and you attempt to associate us with that, because it is the only organization you mentioned.
    .....the great thing about being a private organization is we can do as we like. ....

......I said it and I stand by it, I don't care who the warranty is from. Which I don't, but it must be a valid warranty.

See, in other organizations and groups I can see why this worry some. It makes sense for you to question the quality and validity of everything offered. In this group there is no problem with any of that because we know the each and every member and the quality of what they provide and their integrity in all they do.

So as to let you sleep better. The reference to the klan was as a bipolar example of like minded groups. Assuming that I am correct. It was only to demonstrate that questioning, is and should be, acceptable. We live in a time where question is seen as judgmental and a hostile threat to those being questioned. Our president (lower 48) is seen as being attacked if his actions and motives are questioned. In normal discourse questions are asked and answers are judged. It is not bad nor an attack. Though often perceived as an attack by some, due to being put in the position to defend a position that may be indefensible.

As for "I don't care who the warranty is from..." statement, it is always easy to go back and qualify. Often things said in haste requires repentance in leisure. "...must be a valid warranty." would be good but that is not what was said. A parapraxis slip possibly.

The last paragraph is something like "just trust me " with nothing to support that trust. Aaaaaaaaaah we ended up with a president on just the same concept. The don't question and don't look into who and what we are, "just trust us".

You say " It makes sense for you to question the quality and validity of everything offered." yet you are offended being put on the spot and questioned.

Yes, yes. a little piling on but it is interesting to hear the retorts.

Bill Mason, John Nelson, sadly both have passed away.

I personally performed 8K not my business. My business far exceeded that. Inspections were not the only thing I did. Oh, and wind mits are not included.

I chaired, and FABI financed, the first Inspector coalition for licensing that brought the organizations together. The law is a composite of what all the representatives from the different groups wanted. Thanks for the credit though. Your group was not included originally because you were anti licensing, and we knew it was coming. When you finally were allowed in after you realized it was going to happen, your group were obstructionist, you fought amongst yourselves, and you never did pay your share of the lobby money. There is still an outstanding balance.

Given and I agree, it is not a great law, we did what we could, and we will continue to change that law. No law is perfect and it will grow. The law we wanted would have prevented most of you from being grandfathered. We came down to your level and the State would not let us preclude you.

Not sure what that has to do with your "distinguished" DIS. Kind of clouds the issue don't you think? At least there are no overstatements on my site!!!!!!! And thanks for visiting! http://www.inspectionnews.net/home_i...es/redface.png
    When a person has to tell me over and over how great they are and everything they did...well makes me wonder how great they are and if they really did anything. Legend in your own mind. I think it has been 3 or 4 times you have given us your credentials and think we are somehow going to be amazed...well its not happening with me. Maybe some other people will OOOOOO and Ahhhhh.

We owe Wayne Bertch NOTHING....3 of us personally paid it. Now maybe INACHI does, but we don't. I personally gave a check for $1500 towards Waynes fee....so once again, you have no idea what your talking about...AGAIN...

You helped write the Home Inspection law and your not even a HOME INSPECTOR in Florida...FFS...You helped screw over every Home Inspector and are not even one yourself! Thanks, your true colors show right through. I bet you even fought for contractor to be exempt from the requirements of a Home Inspector.

Sit here and talk about Florida Home Inspections and Inspectors and your not a licensed Florida Home Inspector...I'll be damned...

Now tell me again how great you are and how Florida would be filled with snow and birds wouldn't fly if you weren't in the universe, I didn't hear it the other 500 times you told me how great you are

- - - Updated - - -

Russell, how long have you been in the construction industry in Florida? Before you ask, I'm a native Floridian who started in the business in 1982. You stated that you have been in the home inspection business for 10 years but have only been licensed since 2010....not that it's a problem because licensing wasn't required then, but just curious.
    Why so curious?...How you can you be licensed in a profession that didn't have a license? I don't think anyone in Florida can say they were a licensed Home Inspector, until licensing occurred, correct?

That's alarm leads, which is not the same. You can only ASSUME that we are part of his warranty program. Now that is funny...what else do you assume? There are companies you pay to give the warranty, like $12-$14 per house and they do not USE the clients information as any third party usage. I think Nathans company has this option as well...I don't know, call him.

So you can buy warranties for your clients where the information is not passed on to anyone else and not sold.

Seek and you shall find and your assumption is 100% wrong...but what can I expect?

Ok, enlighten me then. Tell me of one warranty company that does not require the name of the owner and the address of the house they are covering with the warranty. I'm not asking for the company you use...ANY COMPANY.

I find it interesting that you still haven't denied using Nathan's warranty / alarm leads / recall check scam.

Instead of mandating the use of a warranty, wouldn't it be more beneficial to your clients to mandate your inspectors carry Liability and E&O insurance?

Gentlemen,

I do appreciate all of your views and I hope I have not offended you by mine or by what I have typed. If I did I apologize and am truly sorry. This thread has gone too far and I will not reply on it anymore. If anyone wants to have a conversation with me you can call me at the number listed above. I wish you and our profession only the best.

Ok, enlighten me then. Tell me of one warranty company that does not require the name of the owner and the address of the house they are covering with the warranty. I'm not asking for the company you use...ANY COMPANY.

I find it interesting that you still haven't denied using Nathan's warranty / alarm leads / recall check scam.

Instead of mandating the use of a warranty, wouldn't it be more beneficial to your clients to mandate your inspectors carry Liability and E&O insurance?

Well, they do...to me that is a given. But again, I think in professional terms. The people we deal with, that is an automatic and in Florida...General liability is mandated and E & O is just pennies more...so most people just get it.

But that is a great idea and thanks, we just never had anyone to get approved that didn't have it. Sorry, I guess that was an automatic assumption on my part..but well noted and thanks for the input.

As John said...I guess I too will just let it all go...thanks for listening and have a wonderful week and God bless and be well....later.

- - - Updated - - -

Why so curious?...How you can you be licensed in a profession that didn't have a license? I don't think anyone in Florida can say they were a licensed Home Inspector, until licensing occurred, correct?

That dog won't hunt.....

HOW.....LONG.....HAVE......YOU......BEEN......IN.. ....THE .......CONSTRUCTION.....BUSINESS.....IN......FLORI DA?

The question seems simple enough....

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Sorrells View Post
    How about forming the:

"Disgruntled Inspector Society" ?

First thing they would be disgruntled over would be the dues/application fee.
    Now back to the more important question.

Who is ready to join the Disgruntled Inspector Society?????
    -Membership will be determined by the members.

-Dues will be applied without regard to degree of disgruntledness , but will be increased incrementally by the number of inspections completed.

-If being first in anything the dues will be increased exponentially for that member.

-Should someone quit there will be a fee charged so that they will remain disgruntled about joining in the first place.

-There will be a Grand PooBa that will wear a hat that they do not like, sit in a chair that they find uncomfortable in a location that they disdain and no one will listen to them.

-No one will tell anyone anything and the the first response to any question will be "trust me, if you knew me you wouldn't ask any questions".

- There will be a non compete clause in selection. No member will be within 100 ft of any other member so as to benefit from their disgruntleness.

When a person has to tell me over and over how great they are and everything they did...well makes me wonder how great they are and if they really did anything. Legend in your own mind. I think it has been 3 or 4 times you have given us your credentials and think we are somehow going to be amazed...well its not happening with me. Maybe some other people will OOOOOO and Ahhhhh.

We owe Wayne Bertch NOTHING....3 of us personally paid it. Now maybe INACHI does, but we don't. I personally gave a check for $1500 towards Waynes fee....so once again, you have no idea what your talking about...AGAIN...

You helped write the Home Inspection law and your not even a HOME INSPECTOR in Florida...FFS...You helped screw over every Home Inspector and are not even one yourself! Thanks, your true colors show right through. I bet you even fought for contractor to be exempt from the requirements of a Home Inspector.

Sit here and talk about Florida Home Inspections and Inspectors and your not a licensed Florida Home Inspector...I'll be damned...

Now tell me again how great you are and how Florida would be filled with snow and birds wouldn't fly if you weren't in the universe, I didn't hear it the other 500 times you told me how great you are

- - - Updated - - -

I only put it up there once. You are reading the quotes. LOL

There were no personal inspectors in the coalition. Each Association was allowed two. Yes, they owe money.

You are right, I am not a licensed home inspector. Retired in 2009. But then, neither were you. Nor were any of the inspectors who were involved in the legislation. So I guess the profession did not exist prior to 2010 according to you? Let me guess, you invented it? Incorrect. Apparently you did not know that your profession came from the construction industry. In the 60's and 70's that is who did inspections. You do not even know the history of your profession. Guess after someone buys a Ford, Ford no longer knows anything about the car. Funny.

Your opinion, for what that is worth, that I screwed anyone over has nothing to do with this thread and is completely your opinion. We won, ASHI, NAHI and FABI, and apparently you think you lost. That's life, get over it. I have no obligation to explain anything to you about what happened before you were even inspecting, what was that again, 10 years ago, at the very tail end?

Just looking for a little truth from you.

Now back to the DIS issue. Enough about your greatness and BS. Lets hear about your group, what are there now, 3, in it? How do I get in? How much does it cost? And what are you going to do for me?

Licensed GC and BN. Advertised as such.

Now how about it, am I in?

I too am a founding member of the D.I.S. The reason for its inception was to provide people of with the same vision and goal to get together and share ideas, to mentor each other and to mentor new inspectors who want to get into the profession.

After seeing what Mike Crow does, which is sell other inspectors ideas as his own and get everyone involved at a very high price, we figured, why pay him? Why not get a group together and perform this ourselves?

So we did.

You don't want a privately held company...so we should be a not for profit company? So we have to let every idiot into the organization? That is the answer? We didn't think so. So several of us got to talking and decided to start our own society and for it to be private so we can control who enters. If you think that is WRONG and we should just let anyone in, they I guess you don't understand our thought process.

Like it, leave it..whatever you choose to do is fine with me. I don't knock your group, or people down just for the hell of it. I could care less what you do.

If you feel this organization is a threat, then you have issues. If you think it's sham, then think its sham. But your really don't know anything about it.

The recall check thing...yes, I decided to pay for the hosting and the filtering of emails. I am sorry I do run a business and didn't have time to make a website, to filter all the emails, and keep up with much of the stuff. So, I had a company do that? Is that wrong?

Did it say ANYWHERE that you have to use Nathans warranties? I didn't see that anywhere. We said a warranty, I could care less where they are from.

We also want to build a network of national people so that we can refer each other without wondering the caliber they are. I live in SW Florida and we get a ton of people moving up north and they ask for referrals. I can go to a list of inspectors and feel very confident in their abilities to perform well.

Man, get over it....if its not for you....then its not for you. Not a single person here was invited, an email sent, nothing...So you scoured the internet and came across us, thanks.

Anything else you would like to know?
    I have not read all the posts, but I posted about not liking for-profit organizations. First, not-for-profit organizations do not have to let anyone join. Second, just be honest about what you are doing-creating a marketing organization to promote your members. It has little to do with bettering the profession. I'm confused as to why there can only be one really good inspector in an area, other than trying to get someone to join the organization before someone beats them to it.

Just another organization offering credentials for those willing to pay. I'll bet there are hundreds of inspectors who could qualify, but cannot perform a first class inspection.

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone other than me find humor in a Home Inspectors report when he writes, "further evaluation, (which is inspecting), and repair by a Licensed Contractor", and then posts on a message board remarks about contractors not being qualified to inspect? Did he not just acknowledge that the contractor was superior and had more knowledge than he? Or is it just me?

Jeff are you serious?...You think you got me again? Apparently you are WRONG again....lets see...

Fictitious Name
    COMPREHENSIVE BUILDING CONSULTANTS
    Filing Information
    Registration Number G07283900131
    Status ACTIVE
    Filed Date 10/10/2007
    Expiration Date 12/31/2018
    Current Owners 1
    County LEE
    Total Pages 2
    Events Filed 1
    FEI/EIN Number 59-2357422
    Mailing Address
    13650 FIDDLESTICKS BLVD STE 202-399
    FORT MYERS, FL 33912
    Owner Information
    HOMEBUYERS INSPECTION SERVICES OF SW FLORIDA, INC.
    13650 FIDDLESTICKS BLVD. STE 202-399
    FORT MYERS, FL 33912

FEI/EIN Number: 59-2357422
    Document Number: H55206

O damn...from the hands of people who do not know how to work a computer...But I guess the legal eagle cont do a simple internet search

-
    Oh, I get it, fictitious name. Fictitious as in fiction, or fake? Not the real name of the company. Sorry I posted the Corporate name that is already listed that is being used by you but belongs to someone else. Started in 2007 I see. Good for you.

Cannot find, "HOMEBUYERS INSPECTION SERVICES OF SW FLORIDA, INC."? Are you sure it is a "Inc." because it has to be there? Hopefully you will have an answer for that one too? Oh I found it. So, now I am checking to see when you really took control. Not in 2007?

I will stop now, it is easy to get info from you by the way. Now we have you down to 7 plus years. So what's the story with DIS? How many are you?

Last edited by JeffGHooper; 02-09-2015 at 07:49 PM.

Oh, I see now. You bought Carl Fowler out. Ok I know Carl! Good guy. 2001

I wonder how he feels about you taking credit for his hard work?

Back to DIS.

Am I in?

william siegel Guest

You know, I have been reading this thread. Very interesting to say the least. What I find especially funny is that at the bottom of the page is an ad for CMI, which is one of the biggest jokes around. But then we all know that.

One of the problems here is that these new guys grew up and became big time by kissing the behinds of the insurance agents when wind mitigations came out and 4 points became big. Now they all boast that they have done thousands of inspections but never qualify what type of inspection.

So if you 'rookies' want to start your own 'Distinguished Society' go for it and have fun. Us 'old timers' are going to stick with associations that promote brother hood, integrity, and most of all top noch education.

Gentlemen,

I do appreciate all of your views and I hope I have not offended you by mine or by what I have typed. If I did I apologize and am truly sorry. This thread has gone too far and I will not reply on it anymore. If anyone wants to have a conversation with me you can call me at the number listed above. I wish you and our profession only the best.
    Well, they do...to me that is a given. But again, I think in professional terms. The people we deal with, that is an automatic and in Florida...General liability is mandated and E & O is just pennies more...so most people just get it.

But that is a great idea and thanks, we just never had anyone to get approved that didn't have it. Sorry, I guess that was an automatic assumption on my part..but well noted and thanks for the input.

As John said...I guess I too will just let it all go...thanks for listening and have a wonderful week and God bless and be well....later.
    I take your refusal to provide the name of one warranty company who does not require the client's name and address as your answer, "there aren't any".

I take your bailing from this thread as the answer, "Yes, I do use Nathan's products and sell my client information to him".

Not very distinguished or ethical of you.

Quote Originally Posted by william siegel View Post
    You know, I have been reading this thread. Very interesting to say the least. What I find especially funny is that at the bottom of the page is an ad for CMI, which is one of the biggest jokes around. But then we all know that.

One of the problems here is that these new guys grew up and became big time by kissing the behinds of the insurance agents when wind mitigations came out and 4 points became big. Now they all boast that they have done thousands of inspections but never qualify what type of inspection.

So if you 'rookies' want to start your own 'Distinguished Society' go for it and have fun. Us 'old timers' are going to stick with associations that promote brother hood, integrity, and most of all top noch education.

So I am a glutton for punishment:

First off it sounds like you guys did 37 years ago, something like we are doing today, except we gave it a name and made a partial website. I am sorry if you are threatened by it. If you want to threaten my membership in any org, go for it but that ship has sailed. As for me personally and my company, I can only assume that you are threatened by that also.

I started and inspection company as the market fell apart and while many inspectors complained about not enough business I taught them how to do some of what I was doing. Yes this included many wind mits and four points. Hopefully a few found that information useful. Judging by some feedback, it was hundreds, if not thousands. That leads us to the "brotherhood". Not only have I shared what I knew with many, mostly for free, but I gave many tools suggestions to get the job done.

Unfortunately, you may not understand I own and run a multi-inspector company and we do about 10% of the home inspections in my market for the last couple of years. We did all this in a down economy, so yes we are proud of it. We are also proud that we help many home inspectors learn and grow also. When one inspector in your "brotherhood" could no longer work, I did more for him than your whole "brotherhood".

You all can keep assuming you know more, are better, more honest, and trustworthy than me, and you very well may be. I know doing things a bit different may be scary and may not work and it may not be for you. That is all good, though. The profession is changing, it is all of our jobs to make sure it is for the better. If you still want to know more about me and what I do, I invite to either contact me or catch me at one of the many meetings/conferences I attend. I will even show anyone one whom asks my numbers. The sharing only helps us all become better.

"In something every man is my superior, from that I may learn from him."

I hope this helps.

- - - Updated - - -

First off it sounds like you guys did 37 years ago, something like we are doing today, except we gave it a name and made a partial website. I am sorry if you are threatened by it. If you want to threaten my membership in any org, go for it but that ship has sailed. As for me personally and my company, I can only assume that you are threatened by that also.

I started and inspection company as the market fell apart and while many inspectors complained about not enough business I taught them how to do some of what I was doing. Yes this included many wind mits and four points. Hopefully a few found that information useful. Judging by some feedback, it was hundreds, if not thousands. That leads us to the "brotherhood". Not only have I shared what I knew with many, mostly for free, but I gave many tools suggestions to get the job done.

Unfortunately, you may not understand I own and run a multi-inspector company and we do about 10% of the home inspections in my market for the last couple of years. We did all this in a down economy, so yes we are proud of it. We are also proud that we help many home inspectors learn and grow also. When one inspector in your "brotherhood" could no longer work, I did more for him than your whole "brotherhood".

You all can keep assuming you know more, are better, more honest, and trustworthy than me, and you very well may be. I know doing things a bit different may be scary and may not work and it may not be for you. That is all good, though. The profession is changing, it is all of our jobs to make sure it is for the better. If you still want to know more about me and what I do, I invite to either contact me or catch me at one of the many meetings/conferences I attend. I will even show anyone one whom asks my numbers. The sharing only helps us all become better.

I hope this helps.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope this helps.

I hope this helps.

John, there is nothing wrong with what you are doing, and certainly nothing scary about it. The point we made is that it is nothing new, that's all. In addition to all the false credentials that are being massed produced and give out like candy today you must see the potential to confuse the public.

Bob Farr, Ron Burns, Jon Trempor and Jack Wingo make up a good part of your market too and have been around a long time, more than 20 years. I am very familiar with your market, as I too inspected there and still have a few active cases there.

Voicing your opinion will not put your membership in trouble. Calling members names and swearing will. Our ethics forbid unprofessional behavior toward each other. You will find that we do not allow that behavior and have terminated inspectors for it. So please show respect to your fellow members as that is the professional thing to do. You will find that we are all about education and promoting professionalism and sharing ideas and methods just like you claim to. Therefor you are a good fit.

Bill is one of many that was injured when he fell off a roof. He spent an entire month in a coma. Inspectors jumped in and kept his business going. His back prevented him for doing anything far beyond the month in a coma. Others like Brad Demont, Greg Manning, and Ron Sabac suffered similar accidents. Each time the inspectors in their area picked up the slack for them, saving their business and generating income for them. Not in the hundreds of dollars, but in the tens of thousands. None of us bragged about it or wanted recognition for it. It simply is the right thing to do.

You are in no way threatening to anyone's business. People hire inspectors for various reasons and established companies seldom have issues with competition. Well established companies get somewhere between zero to none real estate referrals. That is because their jobs come from past clients and the hidden market. A company who still relies on agent referrals after 15 years probably has not impressed their clients and may be way to cozy with the agents.

As far as wind mits go, that is probably the most misunderstood inspection in Florida. I see inspectors advertise that they can get you credits. That is NOT what they are supposed to be doing. There job is to report to the insurance industry, accurately. If a credit is given that is not deserved, it is called insurance fraud. The problem is that the client is paying for something the insurance is requiring. That creates an obvious problem. The insurance agents have asked inspectors to falsify reports so people could get insurance. The underwriters need to know this as it is insurance fraud.

You just need to calm down and tone it down. Don't assume everyone is out to get you. People just want to know what DIS is. With all the scams that have shown up since Nachos came along the trust in the industry has waned. The Florida market was flooded with MFSH inspectors, (about 4,000) who were not real home inspectors and people who did not take a proctored test and had no formal training from that "group". The inspection industry in Florida took a giant step back in the recent 10 years. Time will sort these guys out. There has been a huge increase in lawsuits against HI's.

PROFESSIONAL CONSULTING AND INSPECTION COMPANY INCLUDING FORENSIC INVESTIGATIONS

http://jeffghooper.com/

John, there is nothing wrong with what you are doing, and certainly nothing scary about it. The point we made is that it is nothing new, that's all. In addition to all the false credentials that are being massed produced and give out like candy today you must see the potential to confuse the public.

Bob Farr, Ron Burns, Jon Trempor and Jack Wingo make up a good part of your market too and have been around a long time, more than 20 years. I am very familiar with your market, as I too inspected there and still have a few active cases there.

Voicing your opinion will not put your membership in trouble. Calling members names and swearing will. Our ethics forbid unprofessional behavior toward each other. You will find that we do not allow that behavior and have terminated inspectors for it. So please show respect to your fellow members as that is the professional thing to do. You will find that we are all about education and promoting professionalism and sharing ideas and methods just like you claim to. Therefor you are a good fit.

Bill is one of many that was injured when he fell off a roof. He spent an entire month in a coma. Inspectors jumped in and kept his business going. His back prevented him for doing anything far beyond the month in a coma. Others like Brad Demont, Greg Manning, and Ron Sabac suffered similar accidents. Each time the inspectors in their area picked up the slack for them, saving their business and generating income for them. Not in the hundreds of dollars, but in the tens of thousands. None of us bragged about it or wanted recognition for it. It simply is the right thing to do.

You are in no way threatening to anyone's business. People hire inspectors for various reasons and established companies seldom have issues with competition. Well established companies get somewhere between zero to none real estate referrals. That is because their jobs come from past clients and the hidden market. A company who still relies on agent referrals after 15 years probably has not impressed their clients and may be way to cozy with the agents.

As far as wind mits go, that is probably the most misunderstood inspection in Florida. I see inspectors advertise that they can get you credits. That is NOT what they are supposed to be doing. There job is to report to the insurance industry, accurately. If a credit is given that is not deserved, it is called insurance fraud. The problem is that the client is paying for something the insurance is requiring. That creates an obvious problem. The insurance agents have asked inspectors to falsify reports so people could get insurance. The underwriters need to know this as it is insurance fraud.

You just need to calm down and tone it down. Don't assume everyone is out to get you. People just want to know what DIS is. With all the scams that have shown up since Nachos came along the trust in the industry has waned. The Florida market was flooded with MFSH inspectors, (about 4,000) who were not real home inspectors and people who did not take a proctored test and had no formal training from that "group". The inspection industry in Florida took a giant step back in the recent 10 years. Time will sort these guys out. There has been a huge increase in lawsuits against HI's.
    I 110% agree Jeff!

with added notes on the 1802: I spent a better part of 20 years in the business of hurricane shutter manufacturing, designing, installing, wind load calculations, and impact testing. All types, brands, and specific designing of custom engineered applications. I have yet to read a properly completed 1802...and I will not do them.

Even with all of that experience, I do not feel as though I am qualified to complete the form, or is it even possible to "verify" each attribute as the forms asks you to. I have studied the 1802 front to back...side to side....top to bottom, and I can honestly tell you nobody is teaching the proper techniques to complete it.

Some are better than others....

Last edited by Robert Sheppard; 02-14-2015 at 08:03 AM.

Jeff, I can agree with you, I do understand the concerns. I do not understand why anyone would be so suspicious of anything I have done. I just will not publish certain comments on the web but have invited all who have concerns to call me. Why, if anyone has a thought, concern or question, would not call is beyond me. Thinking that someone can understand what someone has done, does do or will do without the full story is ludicrous. I certainly have been accused of many things here, most of which is totally untrue.

I left the nacho forum because every post or view I presented was bashed relentlessly, and when I was equally assertive I was accused of being "condescending". I won't be back.
    Robert,

Man up and tell the truth.

You weren't there to educate other HI's or to help. Those options are, and will be, available in many ways. Your intellect is needed, you just need to "check" your ego at the door. You can educate without the sermons and "preachy" attitudes. I respect your skills and knowledge, but reject the manner in which you convey it.

Your on-line mannerisms and tone were very clear. You were simply trying to start an argument - and you succeeded. Clearly, you could have presented your opinion in a manner that was conducive to a professional dialogue. You made different choices, and that's unfortunate, because you have so much to offer. I suggest you try again and maybe you'll be a little more realistic with your goals.

Try again here if you want, maybe we can start a discussion about all those pet peeves of yours....

Not here to bash, so don't read too much into this message.

Dom.

Edited

Last edited by Robert Sheppard; 02-14-2015 at 08:02 AM.

Clearly you came here with an axe to grind.

Re-read my post and if you see any value or merit related to the old re-hashed issue; , then we'll continue the discussion.

Otherwise, I'll mirror your anger and nasty posts. I can give as much crap and needless BS as you can, (don't really want to)....

The choice is yours... If you really want to educate Florida HI's (and you should) than I expect you'll want to widen your audience and be heard.

I am not your enemy, I am your compatriot, but you're ego prevents you from seeing this...

Dom.

Dom, not really sure why you felt the need to jump in and stir, but I assure you I will be having a conversation with you about your comments on that other place as I followed and watched. You guys were way out of line man and I do not expect that from you. Not getting into it here. Let it go.

PROFESSIONAL CONSULTING AND INSPECTION COMPANY INCLUDING FORENSIC INVESTIGATIONS

It should come as no surprise as to the conduct of individuals and groups of rogues on Nacho as to the lack of professionalism.

There is no decorum and there are no rules. ... Well there are rules, but the rules are window dressing only.

Perhaps if Nacho and certain members cleaned up their act they might gain the respect they so desperately want and need.

as far as self aggrandizing societies C.H.I.M.P.S. is the way...only action logo in the universe

certified
    honorable
    inspectors
    master
    professional
    society

carry on
    Moving-animated-picture-of-monkey-giving-thumbs-up-sign.gif

badair http://www.adairinspection.com Garland, TX 75042
    Commercial-Residential-Construction-EIFS-Stucco-ACMV-Infrared Thermography
    life is the random lottery of events followed by numerous narrow escapes...accept the good

... comments on that other place ... Not getting into it here. Let it go.
    I see no reason for posts, actions, disagreements, etc., which took or take place "there" to be brought over to "here" and disrupt Brian's board with the crap from other boards.

Doing that, by ANYONE (I am specifically making sure that this IS NOT directed to Dom, but TO ALL who do so as there are others who frequently bring crap from there to here) is not giving Brian and HIS board, which HE makes available to us, the respect we should.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

. Not getting into it here. Let it go.

Agreed, and edited.
    We'll talk soon...

Dom.

Just to save...

- - - Updated - - -

Just to save...

Just to save...

- - - Updated - - -

Just to save...
    Would you like me to put it in Affidavit form for you and send it. Maybe have it framed?

Jeff,

If you are fortunate to get a framed copy, can you ask for another. I need it for a dart board backer!

Jeff the offer is very kind, but from my perspective this is how I see things.

Reading all the BS and these guys sitting around, having a circle jerk and bragging about how big their package is, is mind boggling.

One thing I can see, is that, Hooper is a Cancer to the Home Inspection Profession. He said he retired in 1996. OK, then why come into a profession, you have no intention of participating in and no intention of doing ANYTHING in, except being part of the “expert witness” profession.

So you were instrumental in writing the Home Inspection Law. Because you said "it was gong to happen anyway". I think you also said, just get it in, we will change it later. How has that worked out for us so far? How has it “protected the public”? Wait, we didn’t have to pay our licensing fee’s this year because THERE WAS NOTHING TO PROTECT THE PUBLIC FROM!

As I follow the bread crumbs, I see this, by your own admission. Lawsuits are up! How in the hell can we have all this education, all of this “comradery” all of you super studs leading the Home Inspection industry and lawsuits are up? How?

My inclination is that YOU WANTED it this way. Who in the hell makes money on lawsuits? Lawyers and expert witnesses. Well, I will be damned this guy who fought so damn hard on getting us licensed and never bothered to even get the license himself, is now raking in the money on the “lawsuits”.

I think this was the plan from the get go.

Lawyers know everyone has to have a minimum of insurance and they know when cases get filed, about 80% if not more, get settled out of court. So now we have Home Inspectors who work damn hard, are now getting sued, more than ever. Thanks Hoop! I would agree lawsuits are up, but how many are VALID lawsuits, that is the question. How many are just people who are idiots and expect the Home Inspection was a 50 year warranty on the house? Rising lawsuits are not the issue, VALID lawsuits are. So now because of you we have hard working professionals, losing their hard earned money, defending themselves, against a bogus claim.

Congrats...you plan is working, but only for you and lawyers. It does and never did anything for the profession.

Hey, when the construction board filed a Declaratory statement saying that all contractors can "inspect homes" without using any SOP, having any contract, having any requirements as to what they do...where were you? O' hell, your a contractor without a Home Inspector license, performing Home Inspections. I guess why would you fight that? So you pigeon holed my profession why you gave your free reign to do whatever you want. Thanks again, super stud.

Man, I would have thought people to be smarter than this, but I guess I was wrong. They let the wolf in the hen house. Just boggles my mind how people don’t see this stuff.
    Well Hooper, congrats on screwing over an industry your not even part of and haven’t been for over 20 years. How about you just retire, like you said your did and stop with all the pseudo credentials that one can get with about 30 days of spare time and reading books. You’re like the guy who plasters his NACHI diplomas all over the place and gives a few talks here and there and thinks he is “super stud” out to save the world.

That’s my view on it and given the facts, it is pretty indisputable. Has anyone seen a super huge spike in business because they have a piece of paper? My clients don’t use me because I am licensed, they use me for the service.

Thanks Jeff Hopper, you should be the bud light Real Men of Genius commercial.

Thanks for the offer of the "affidavit", kinda funny you used that word...but when you sucking the milk from my brothers, then I guess you would use law terms.

BTW...have a super weekend!

Last edited by Russell Hensel; 02-21-2015 at 07:31 AM.

Lightbulb Re: Distinguished Inspector Society

I think they should offer personalized logos like you can get for your Crown Royal bottles.

- - - Updated - - -

I think they should offer personalized logos like you can get for your Crown Royal bottles.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Russell Hensel you obviously know not where your profession came from. I suppose Ford knows nothing about their used cars, using your logic. Laughable.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Personal attacks from you serve no purpose and deserve no response. Nice mug shot by the way.

Someone drank way too much Kool Aide over there.

Last edited by JeffGHooper; 02-21-2015 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Gainey View Post
    I suspect that Russell Hensel already has all the personalized logos he can handle, and that they are all on his emptied Crown Royal bottles ...

I have been following his rants and there is one thing for sure that I can say: Russell Hensel does not post like a distinguished home inspector ... other than showing that he has distinguished himself below others by his continued rants against others when, from what I see here, and know from past history, that Russell Hensel apparently knows little of what went on with home inspections and licensing.

Jeff and I were part of a group who worked on licensing for may years. When the group could not come up with ANY consensus for ANYTHING, I wrote a licensing bill which was modeled after the contractors licensing law (Chapter 489), and I addressed different levels of home inspections because, like contracting, there are different levels of knowledge: Residential Home Inspector (or something like that, it's been about 15 years since then) which would have been in line with the Residential Contractor in that residential resale would be their level; Building Home Inspector (or something like that) which would cover residential new construction and resale; General Home Inspector (again, or something like that as I recall) which would cover all inspections of buildings of all types, resale and new construction, commercial and residential.

That bill simply blew the group's minds away - they could not grasp what the bill was proposing and thus did not want any part of it, but that bill would have addressed home inspections in such a manner that it would have put home inspectors on par with contractors, except that contractors do the contracting and home inspectors do the home inspecting.

So I went back and created a bill for home inspectors modeled after the code inspectors licensing law (Chapter 468, Part XII). This bill was considerably shorter than the one modeled after 489, and addressed some of the things in the one modeled after 489, but ... the group could not grasp the need to for that either (too much arguing within the group about trying to achieve the lowest level possible versus trying to achieve something good).

As a result of the group declining both of those which I offered, the group, like Congress, ended up with the least of what anyone could stand, and, as a result, and like Congress, ended up with a bill which no one liked (just like Congress) yet which would gather just enough votes to pass (again, like happens on Congress).

The best way to attain mediocrity is to "run it through a committee" - and what is now the home inspector licensing bill is the result of that.

So, Russell Hensel, do not disparage Jeff for the home inspector licensing bill which YOU dislike (yet, to my knowledge, YOU DID NOTHING TO HELP WITH trying to achieve a good bill).

Russell Hensel - if you want to get mad any anyone for the resulting home inspector licensing - LOOK IN A MIRROR ... IF YOU DID NOT HELP ... YOU WERE THE CAUSE of such a bill as it ended up.

What's that saying - If you are not part of the solution ... you are part of the problem.

And to not imply that I am taking all the credit for those two proposed bills, I ran my drafts through Jeff, and the two of us worked out final wording to address what would be best for the profession. The other inspectors wanted the lowest bill, and that is just what they got.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

I hope Russell never advises "further evaluation [inspection] and repair by any of those nasty know nothing contractors or engineers!) LOL

He reads well too. Posted Feb 9 by me. "You are right, I am not a licensed home inspector. Retired in 2009. But then,.."

"You heard it here first" about 3 years late. Very funny Russell, I am sure you know what I am referring too.

Jerry has posted a very accurate accounting of what happened back then. Getting a home inspector license would have been as tough as a GC license if our bills would have went through.

Last edited by JeffGHooper; 02-21-2015 at 02:04 PM.

OMG, this is priceless. The OTHER litigation guy says he has been trying to screw us for years...about 15 years in getting us licensed. Thanks!

You guys rock! If i would have gotten involved. I spent about $1500 of my own money and two of my friends did the same thing to ensure our "lobbyist" was paid. We traveled to Tallahassee from SW Florida to go to the hearing.

We went to every stake holders meeting that was held.

How much more involved did you want? I love the admission that you have been trying to get us licensed for years. Are you trying to strengthen my point for me? I appreciate it.

As far as me speeding in a Manatee Zone and not paying my ticket, yep thats me Jeff. You got me.

The posts I made about Inspection Depot who screwed over home owner and Inspectors alike are they not getting sued? Isn't it a class action lawsuit? Wait a minute....Inspection Depot is getting sued for screwing Home Inspectors over? Who was their trainer? OMG, was it not Jeff, the super stud, the defender of the profession? So you in fact where the trainer for Inspection Depot and they have a class action lawsuit against them for ripping off inspectors, are they not? How funny is that? Birds of the same feather rule? Maybe? So you got me on the Mug shot for speeding in a Manatee Zone and not paying the ticket. At least I didn't work for a guy who is getting sued because he screwed over hard working honest Home Inspectors...

Thanks for bringing that up...any more funny jokes you got Jeff?

Thanks for letting everyone know for 15 years you have been plotting to screw our profession over, and now its finally here. I thought you guys were super studs in the court room and had tons of pull. I think the law fell exactly where you guys wanted it to fall and it plays directly into your chosen areas, the court room professionals.

Anything else?

Although you guys admitted to set up the profession to have lawsuits and get the profession licensed to further your careers, I appreciate it...well not really.

You took a great profession, pigeon holed it, bastardized it and now capitalize on the BS that was birthed by your hard work.

You have done nothing to change anything. You have done nothing to stop the contractors for playing by the same set of rules. Why is that? Because you don't care because the way things are financially benefits you the most.

Weekend going well so far?

OMG, this is priceless. The OTHER litigation guy says he has been trying to screw us for years...about 15 years in getting us licensed. Thanks!
    And if you SW Florida guys had not had your heads up your butts fighting with everyone over everything and had, instead, actually participated for the good of the profession ... YOU WOULD NOT BE STUCK WITH what you now have.

You guys rock! If i would have gotten involved. I spent about $1500 of my own money and two of my friends did the same thing to ensure our "lobbyist" was paid. We traveled to Tallahassee from SW Florida to go to the hearing.
    So, you were at the hearings too? I don't remember you being there WITH THE REST OF US ... maybe because you guys traveled up separately to try to fight and undo what we were accomplishing? Jeff, I, and many others traveled from South Florida to Tallahassee and spoke at some of the committee meetings.

We went to every stake holders meeting that was held.
    Apparently not at "every stake holders meeting" because I don't recall you being at the ones we were at.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast