Thread: CT metering

Mbrooke Guest

Default CT metering

This looks to be a metering set up, but a very odd one as those current transformer(s) are often mounted inside cabinets and to lesser degrees the exterior wall.

You will see a second weather head, so my guess that one goes the meter.

Similar here:

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: CT metering

Is that orange tape I see there? Is that one of those Delta connected oddball 3-phase systems we used to see more of out where they did not run three phases? Just curious.

john stone Guest

Default Re: CT metering

Quote Originally Posted by Allen Ingling View Post
    Is that orange tape I see there? Is that one of those Delta connected oddball 3-phase systems we used to see more of out where they did not run three phases? Just curious.
    Pure butchery conduit not secured correctly water dripping on to CTs should be mounted securely in a cabinet out of the weather along with service fuses or main breaker bare neutral improperly crimped should be a box with 6 HRC fuses to protect cables at POA that's what I do in US brown orange yellow is 277/480 Y service red blue white black is 120/208 Y or 120/240/high leg delta