David Soule Guest

Default Hello from a want-a-be Home Inspector.

I have an interest in becoming a Home Inspector. Have joined ASHI National and plan to attend the conference in New Orleans this January.

David Soule

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1

Kevin Luce Guest

Default Re: Hello from a want-a-be Home Inspector.

That's great. There are plenty of ASHI members here that can help you on your way. Of course you have ASHI chat room for questions also.

Just out of curiosity, why are you wanting to be a home inspector?

Kevin,

To get rick quick, don't you remember what they taught you in HI school.

2 inspections a day at 400. is 4G's a week by 52 gets you around 200K a year. EASY MONEY!!!!!

rick

Richard Rushing Guest

Greetings David,

My friend, future inspection comrade... I hope you have your mortgage paid up 6 months in advance.

Not to give you anything more than information than you can use... but, between now and the middle (to the end) of January are going to be lean.

As Rick H stated, the home inspecton schools paint a rosy picture that is just not reality. Some of the poor souls just starting out in Tx. are getting a rude awakening to the realities of the cost of doing business.

Do yourself a favor and purchas Brian Hannigan's (InspectionNews webmaster) "The Cost of Doing Business" to find out what your actual 'nut' is that will need to be cracked every month to survive. Most people don't go into this busines with the knowledge of how to be successful. Brian has make a tool that will in deed help you to know exactly what you can expect, if (and only if) you answer all the questions truthfully for your own benefit.

Good luck and I wish you well in your new endeavour.

Richard

David,

I am only a few miles away from you right now - Monroe, GA. But I will be heading back to Colorado on Wednesday.

Inspection World should be a good experience. Take the Beginner Track and collect business cards from other inspectors you meet. You will learn a lot by networking with other inspectors there.

"Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand." Leo Durocher
    Bruce Breedlove
    www.avaloninspection.com

Hello Neighbor
    There are several other members of this board that are also from Georgia.
    Also, there is a thread on HI licensing in Georgia, although it went off topic, it is worth reading. Other suggested reading would be on GL, and Liability in$urance.
    I see that you plan to go to New Orleans, since I live on an inspectors wage, I will not be attending.
    Welcome and Good Luck

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

Welcome David,

I will be at InspectionWorld as well, just purchased my airline tickets for a whopping bargain price of $118 round trip from Nashville to NO on Southwest! SW has a Winter Sale going on now!!

Look me up, I'll buy you a cup of gumbo.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Kevin Luce Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hurst View Post
    Kevin,

To get rick quick, don't you remember what they taught you in HI school.

2 inspections a day at 400. is 4G's a week by 52 gets you around 200K a year. EASY MONEY!!!!!

rick
    What! They told me 2 inspections a day at 350 for 52 weeks. I should of went to a different school.

Dave Mortensen Guest

It's nice to hear some truth about this industry, I seem to hear from other inspectors that they had "the best October they've ever had!",or "Can't chat, I have waaaay to many inspections this week!" and so on and so forth. I think it's like fishing, a little white lie about how big the fish that got away never hurt anybody. I find it doubtful these inspectors are as busy as they are, they just like to make it seem so. It also reminds me of how realtors speak, always busy, always top producers, etc.
    Great advice about seeing Brian's info, when you are self employed and must pay for health insurance for the family, day to day living expenses, business expenses, etc, there doesn't seem much left over for retirement savings.