Default Small plant illustrates what can be behind a wall.

A few weeks back at an inspection, I observed a small plant growing out of the baseboard at an outside wall (I already suspected there might be a problem based on what I saw outside). I measured elevated levels of moisture at this wall area but there were no other signs of problems in this area. I suggested further evaluation by removal of the sheetrock as there may be hidden damage and low and behold, there was. To look at the wall area in the dining room one would not think there was anything happening behind it. We often makes suggestions like this but I think more often than not, our clients do not follow our recommendations. Here is concrete evidence and some vindication. There is, often, great satisfaction with this job.

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: Small plant illustrates what can be behind a wall.

Nice job!

Don't forget to rename your pic's before you post them.

The beatings will continue until morale has improved. mgt.

So how was the water getting in? Without solving that problem (your pictures show the results of the problem) no need to repair the interior wall.

- - - Updated - - -

So how was the water getting in? Without solving that problem (your pictures show the results of the problem) no need to repair the interior wall.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Water was entering from the outside from the usual suspects; improper flashing of a shingled roof to brick sidewall of the home and failure to install kickout flashing to divert water into a gutter.