Default Industrious Reports software

Is anyone using Industrious Reports reporting software. I'm looking at possibly purchasing it. What are your thought, pros, cons? Thanks.

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: Industrious Reports software

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Mcgillivray View Post
    Is anyone using Industrious Reports reporting software. I'm looking at possibly purchasing it. What are your thought, pros, cons? Thanks.
    No to impressed with the sample report they have on the web site. Outdated check box style reports are a thing of the past.

Thanx for the reply. I'm looking for a decent software. I just don't want to pay a monthly fee like with HIP. May I ask what do you use? I believe with Industrious Reports you can add narratives in the report.

Thanx for the reply. I'm looking for a decent software. I just don't want to pay a monthly fee like with HIP. May I ask what do you use? I believe with Industrious Reports you can add narratives in the report.
    I don't pay a monthly fee for HIP software, it is a one time fee except for updates.
    I do pay a monthly fee in order for them to host my reports but that is an option, not required to use the report software.

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

Jim what does host your reports mean exactly? So with HIP are you emailing a pdf tot the customer or a link with log in info?

Jim what does host your reports mean exactly? So with HIP are you emailing a pdf tot the customer or a link with log in info?
    If you want to use the HIP cloud service and the mobile upload feature then you will pay around $20 a month for this service, unless you have two or more other HIP products like a website, etc… The $20 is well worth it and makes life very easy to upload from my iPad….

If you do not want to do it this way and pay the $20 fee, you can email a PDF of the report to your client.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Yes I bought HI Pro cheap in 2007 and Dom has never asked me for another cent. If I choose to update to a way better version it will be $199.

Adding text to a report is no big deal, just cut and paste, they should all allow that. Home Gauge is very good, Horizon is pricey and bulky but the reports are loaded with extras.

Palm-Tech has drag and drop for faster picture loading. You can drag pics from your device or SD card straight to the report. I think HG has that too.

John Kogel, RHI, BC HI Lic #47455
    www.allsafehome.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Trent Tarter View Post
    No to impressed with the sample report they have on the web site. Outdated check box style reports are a thing of the past.
    Not all checkbox formats are alike and only bad ones are a thing of the past. FWIW, I don't care for this one either.

For a low cost format that is fairly easy and makes a good looking report, check out EZ Home Inspection.

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Hey Russell,
    I sent you a private message with my contact info. Feel free to call.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Luttrall View Post
    I don't pay a monthly fee for HIP software, it is a one time fee except for updates.
    I do pay a monthly fee in order for them to host my reports but that is an option, not required to use the report software.
    I can use HIP as a stand alone product to produce pdf reports and deliver via email, printed, or any other fashion.
    I choose to use the report hosting process where I upload the report directly to HIP "cloud" and they send out links via email to the client and their agent. The client or agent clicks the link and is taken directly to the report in pdf format where they can view, print, copy, etc.
    The benefit is I have cloud storage of all my reports for as long as I pay the monthly fee ($20) for unlimited storage and I don't have to worry about getting the attachment to go through the email system. I also get an email notification each time the report is viewed by the client or their agent.

The only drawback is the link is delivered via HIP email server address rather than my personal address and the notification email with the link sometimes goes to SPAM folder.

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

Thank you guys for your input. I've been looking at different software companies for awhile. I want something easy to use that looks good to the agents and customers reading it.