Default Hello everyone, thank you for allowing me to join in.

Here to learn about things I haven't seen yet and share my experience on those I have. I've been on the building side of the trade - new & rehab - on and off for 30 + years. During those years the only thing I have not done in the construction trade is build a block foundation. Five of those years was in Concrete work - mainly footers and flat work on the residential side. Site work (footers, pier pads, curbing and fixing original builders mistakes) on the commercial side. I also have formal training in electricity. I am not the best at anything, kind of a jack-of-all-trades but, my work has always passed inspection. I look forward to learning from everyone's experience on this site. One of the reasons I joined here is to see the pictures . Thank you, again for allowing me to participate on this site.

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1

Hello Bob Newbie,

Welcome aboard. Enjoy your visit here at InspectionNews and if there is anything I can help you with just let me know.

If you are a business owner please accept this gift for making your first post: Home Inspection Referrals

If you are a home buyer, seller or DIYer, this gift is for you: Thank You!

View The List Of InspectionNews Member Benefits!

-----------------
    Sincerely,
    Brian Hannigan
    InspectionNews.net / InspectionReferral.com
    Helping Inspectors $ucceed Since 1997TM

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/InspectionNews
    Twitter: @InspectionNews

Default Re: Hello everyone, thank you for allowing me to join in.

Welcome Bob. How about using your real name?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Feldmann View Post
    Welcome Bob. How about using your real name?
    I actually know a Terry Newbie

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

My apologies if Bob's last name is Newbie.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Wood View Post
    Great! It looks like someone finally has the terminology correct for footing and footers.
    A "footing" is the base which supports the structure above. A "footer" is that thing one does unintentionally and then must extract their foot from their mouth ... as in 'Jack may have just done a "footer".'

(The term "footer" and phrase "did a footer" are hereby coined and copyrighted by me.)

Last edited by Jerry Peck; 04-02-2015 at 04:27 PM. Reason: formatting paragraphs finally worked!
    Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Still have not heard from Bob regarding real last name. While you may guide me in the direction of the street, please do not throw me under the bus, by assuming I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Feldmann View Post
    Still have not heard from Bob regarding real last name. While you may guide me in the direction of the street, please do not throw me under the bus, by assuming I am wrong.
    I'm not throwing you under the bus ... that's why i said "may have" ... besides, I was about to post the same thing, except that your inquiry was more "politically correct" than my inquiry was about to be.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Welcome Bob,

Join in when you can.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

Footers are in buildings that have winders and popcorn ceilings. Localisms not used by professionals.

Footings, Windows and Sprayed Acoustic Ceilings.

Never heard the "footer" until I moved to Florida, thought it was just a southern toothless phrase that occurred because someone married their sister.

Yup Billy Bob, crawl out da winder and watch your footer. Oh and don't scratch the sheetrock!

PROFESSIONAL CONSULTING AND INSPECTION COMPANY INCLUDING FORENSIC INVESTIGATIONS

http://jeffghooper.com/