Default Pre-licensing courses.

I have had several prospective home inspection students ask me about the best training or pre-licensing course for the 90 hours required in Oklahoma. If anyone out there has a good suggestion, please let me know. I am not interested in starting a debate between organizations, so would prefer comments from home inspectors, not from providers. Thank you in advance for your comments.
    Darrell Covington

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: Pre-licensing courses.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell Covington View Post
    I have had several prospective home inspection students ask me about the best training or pre-licensing course for the 90 hours required in Oklahoma. If anyone out there has a good suggestion, please let me know. I am not interested in starting a debate between organizations, so would prefer comments from home inspectors, not from providers. Thank you in advance for your comments.
    Darrell Covington
    One of the better schools is Home Inspection Classes - Hands-On Training | The ASHI School
    They offer several classroom sessions around the country throughout the year. They are one of the few if the only school that provides technical help to questions that their students might have for as long as they are in the profession.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Thumbs up Re: Pre-licensing courses.

This is not training but if anyone is going to take the NHIE you can also take the National Home Inspector Examination (NHIE) practice exam to get ready for it.

ITP: National Home Inspector Examination (NHIE) Practice Exam $49

View The List Of InspectionNews Member Benefits!

-----------------
    Sincerely,
    Brian Hannigan
    InspectionNews.net / InspectionReferral.com
    Helping Inspectors $ucceed Since 1997TM

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/InspectionNews
    Twitter: @InspectionNews

InterNACHI offers the best, state-approved inspection courses for pre-licensing in Oklahoma How to Become a Certified Home Inspector in Oklahoma - InterNACHI

Lisa Endza
    Director of Communication
    InterNACHI

And while your at it Lisa,
    (... so would prefer comments from home inspectors, not from providers)
    tell him about the free opportunity to pick up a free CMI at the check out stand .. oh; wait a minute I forgot you are not spokesperson for CMI..

I took the state-required 72-hour class offered at my local community college. My husband Bob took the ITA training when it was offered in Virginia back in 2002. Honestly, I think both classes were adequate. Thereal education starts on the job, or by going through home inspection forums and websites to see what other inspectors have seen. Classes can teach you about standards and basic information; leaning how to apply that knowledge is only learned in the field.

Take every opportunity to expand your knowledge. One of the things I do on a regular basis is go to estate sales. Believe it or not, this is a fantastic method for seeing all kinds of different properties. I'm always prowling around the furnace rooms, checking out the stuff there, peeking into electrical panels, etc. Of course there's a lot I can't do... I'm not about to take out my screwdriver and remove a deadfront! But I bring my flashlight so I can look for defects.

Welmoed Sisson
    Inspections by Bob, LLC, Boyds, MD
    "Given sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine."

Check with ABC Home Inspection Institute at abchii.com. The school is approved for the Oklahoma 90 hour course. The classes are held in Conway Arkansas and Dr. Joe and his wife Betty are great folks to deal with. I think the online course is available for Oklahoma also. 501-796-3627
    & speak to Betty Maxwell.

Alton Darty
    ATN Services, LLC
    www.arinspections.com