Default See Raymond Get A Mini Excavator Stuck Backfilling Trenches For Geothermal

When I get stuck I make sure I do it well. At one point the door could not be opened for me to get out, till I got the front windscreen unjammed to get out. It took me several hours to get all the mud out from the under carriage, motor compartment, under the floor boards...

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: See Raymond Get A Mini Excavator Stuck Backfilling Trenches For Geothermal

There is an old saying...too wet to plow

Jeff Zehnder - Home Inspector, Raleigh, NC
    http://www.jjeffzehnder.com/
    http://carolinahomeinspections.com/

Default Re: See Raymond Get A Mini Excavator Stuck Backfilling Trenches For Geothermal

Good Lord Raymond, didn't you read the sticker on the window that says "Don't use in quick sand."

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

As Crocodile Dundee would say ("That's not a knife ... this is a knife") ...

That's not stuck ... this is stuck:
    n17124984_33131864_5408.jpg Photo by chevelle6t9 | Photobucket

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Thats a good one Jerry.

What happened was it had rained all week, water pooling in trench. Pulled soil from left and right of trench, and used scraper blade to push soil forward. Suddenly water and soil started oozing up from beneath the excavator, with the consistency of fresh concrete. Liquifaction.

Rubber tracks, and and weak hydraulics did not help the situation once I was stuck. My farmer neighbour brought over his big John Deere six tire four wheel drive tractor to try and pull me out to no avail. He finally went back and brought over his big excavator the following day and dug me out. Which was great because over night the temps dropped and the ground refroze. What a mess.