Question What can a 203k loan do to help make my home more green?

1240815.large.jpgHappy Earth Day!

This April 22nd marks the 45th birthday of the modern environmental movement, when people began to look more seriously at the effect we collectively have on our planet. Although global climate change may seem like a big issue that no individual person can help prevent, this is not the case. Any small steps taken by a household can have positive results, which means having a healthier Earth for years to come. It’s up to each of us to make the commitment to reducing power consumption.

When it comes to the FHA Rehab Loans – GREEN IS IN! In fact there is a special type of loan called an Energy Efficient Mortgage (EEM) that can allow a borrower to add up to 15% of the sale price (or the after repair value of the home) to their mortgage and use these funds to complete energy efficiency improvements- upgrading windows, adding insulation, replacing caulking and doors- even converting to Solar or Geo-Thermal powered HVAC systems.

All these renovations can be done alone or in addition to other repairs completed in a typical 203k mortgage. And one more added bonus--many of these upgrades qualify the home owner for tax rebates and other incentives from utility companies and local governments! A TRUE WIN--WIN

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral
    Samantha Ross
    Operations & Events Manager
    www.203kinabox.com

Default Re: What can a 203k loan do to help make my home more green?

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha Ross View Post
    1240815.large.jpgHappy Earth Day!

This April 22nd marks the 45th birthday of the modern environmental movement, when people began to look more seriously at the effect we collectively have on our planet. Although global climate change may seem like a big issue that no individual person can help prevent, this is not the case. Any small steps taken by a household can have positive results, which means having a healthier Earth for years to come. It’s up to each of us to make the commitment to reducing power consumption.

When it comes to the FHA Rehab Loans – GREEN IS IN! In fact there is a special type of loan called an Energy Efficient Mortgage (EEM) that can allow a borrower to add up to 15% of the sale price (or the after repair value of the home) to their mortgage and use these funds to complete energy efficiency improvements- upgrading windows, adding insulation, replacing caulking and doors- even converting to Solar or Geo-Thermal powered HVAC systems.

All these renovations can be done alone or in addition to other repairs completed in a typical 203k mortgage. And one more added bonus--many of these upgrades qualify the home owner for tax rebates and other incentives from utility companies and local governments! A TRUE WIN--WIN
    SPAMMMMM

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Luttrall View Post
    SPAMMMMM
    Yep, but they pay for the pleasure of doing it…….

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

She is a sponsor for the FHA,HUD section of forum.
    http://www.inspectionnews.net/home_i...ntha-ross.html

Though personally I would rather see relevant information on their product as it pertains to the HI industry rather than a advertisement for a loan type. Or better yet information that aids HIs in the 203k inspection arena. Something like working better, smarter, faster or hints on areas that create problems for the HI.

Granted the advertisement can be made to circle back to the FHA 203k and thereby aid HIs that do those type of inspections though it is a bit labored.

At least she is not blathering on about marketing her company. An adv. every 4 months may be worth it for the support to Brian.

My apologies. I did not make the connection to the supporter of the forum.

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas