Default Is your website ready for April 21st?

From what I understand starting April 21, 2015 all of the major searches will be penalizing sites that are not mobile friendly. In other words if you site does not look good on a smartphone, iPad or similar device it will be put at the bottom of the barrel on searches!

My old site which served me well since 1998 with several updates was not mobile friendly. After several days of work it is now updated and friendly to mobile devices. Yea!

Check you site to make sure that it is mobile friendly and if not, you have a little over a week to get it done.

My site can be found at Trace Inspections, LLC - Home

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1
    Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Default Re: Is your website ready for April 21st?

This is the first I have heard of this Scott. Any news feed or links you can provide that explain what is happening?

"It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man". - Jack Handey

From what I understand, the link below is the way Almighty Google can test your website for mobile friendliness.

https://www.google.com/webmasters/to...bile-friendly/

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Ostrowski View Post
    This is the first I have heard of this Scott. Any news feed or links you can provide that explain what is happening?
    I'm sure it can be found on Google, I got the information from our IT Manager at ASHI and then from the IT Director at my wife company. I figured the same information from two different companies had a good chance of being correct.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Scott, did you use any specific type of software program to help you with the conversion? I'm looking into information and definitely want to get the changes made. I'm just not sure how to go about it. I built my website site using Microsoft Expression.

"It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man". - Jack Handey

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Ostrowski View Post
    Scott, did you use any specific type of software program to help you with the conversion? I'm looking into information and definitely want to get the changes made. I'm just not sure how to go about it. I built my website site using Microsoft Expression.
    Ha, I beat you! My site was in Front Page! I used Weebly: Create a Free Website, Online Store, or Blog to create the new site. It was remarkable easy because I already had the verbiage on my old site. All I did was cut and paste to Word and then to Weebly. I had the site up and running in about 3 hours. I did not change my host site but I did upgrade to the Pro option on Weebly. I think it runs something like $6.95 a month and allows you to do much more than the free option or the $3.95 one. If I can do it, I think anyone can do it!

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    Ha, I beat you! My site was in Front Page! I used Weebly: Create a Free Website, Online Store, or Blog to create the new site. It was remarkable easy because I already had the verbiage on my old site. All I did was cut and paste to Word and then to Weebly. I had the site up and running in about 3 hours. I did not change my host site but I did upgrade to the Pro option on Weebly. I think it runs something like $6.95 a month and allows you to do much more than the free option or the $3.95 one. If I can do it, I think anyone can do it!
    Thanks for the info Scott. I'll check it out.