Default After a pre-listing inspection

The house I inspected yesterday had a pre-listing inspection. I asked the listing agent who she used. It was a name I have never heard of. New inspector.

A couple things I found that were not called out in his report.....kind of important in my view. he did his inspection 2 months ago.
    1. Downdraft vent was never ducted thru the bottom of the cabinet to vent outside. The ducting from the old one was on the ground in the crawlspace.
    2. Wood rot and loose trim at a few window sills.
    3. Flex gas line rubbing on the edge of the furnace in the attic. (Probably a lot of inspectors don't call this out)
    4. Vent flue at attic gas furnace was touching the roof sheathing (not just close, but touching it).
    5. A/C unit disconnect fuse was bypassed. The wires inside the disconnect box were directly connected and only had a breaker in the main panel in the garage on the other side of the house.

There were LOTS of things that I included in my report, that maybe others would not consider to be "issues". But these items I considered kind of big.

I have to wonder if she will use him on her next pre-listing inspection?
    JF

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: After a pre-listing inspection

Jack,

Was there anything on his report not on yours?

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

Jack,

Maybe he was just a really big game hunter.

No seriously, I know what you mean. I did one today that a new HI had been out on in the last month. He had so many small items noted that looked impressive on paper, but of any of the significant issues nothing was noted.

For example, the guy called out the towel bar missing in the bathroom but did not observe indicators that the shower pan was leaking. The drywall and base board all around the shower enclosure had numerous water stains but not a mention of it on his report.

The front of the dishwasher panel was scratched but no mention that the pump did not drain the water or that the DW was not secured.

Electrical service equipment had 4 double tapped breakers, but his report said the panel was in satisfactory condition.

This guy even had noted on his report that the "crawlspace" was not accessible. Made no sense to me since the foundation was a PT-Slab.

By the way, I decided not to put pictures of the missing towel bar on my report as he did. My bad.

rick

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hurst View Post
    I decided not to put pictures of the missing towel bar rick
    Rick.

No Towel Rack Picture?

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

Richard Rushing Guest

[quote=Rick Hurst;24332]Jack,

Maybe he was just a really big game hunter.

No seriously, I know what you mean. I did one today that a new HI had been out on in the last month. He had so many small items noted that looked impressive on paper, but of any of the significant issues nothing was noted.

For example, the guy called out the towel bar missing in the bathroom but did not observe indicators that the shower pan was leaking. The drywall and base board all around the shower enclosure had numerous water stains but not a mention of it on his report.

The front of the dishwasher panel was scratched but no mention that the pump did not drain the water or that the DW was not secured.

Electrical service equipment had 4 double tapped breakers, but his report said the panel was in satisfactory condition.

This guy even had noted on his report that the "crawlspace" was not accessible. Made no sense to me since the foundation was a PT-Slab.

By the way, I decided not to put pictures of the missing towel bar on my report as he did. My bad.

rick[/quote

Geeze Rick, sounds like this ole boy is in for early retirement...

rr

Soun

Jack, Rick,

Any of the pre-listing inspection stuff fixed?

If not, why bother spending the money on that inspection?

So the seller can give it to the buyer and the buyer can say 'Oh, *I* can fix those things myself.' and maybe not get a real inspection which will reveal the real problems?

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

To be honest, I didn't spend the time to read the entire report. This was an upper bracket home, and really was in pretty good shape with the exception of the things I noted (and a few other smaller things).

He had called out a defective GFCI that was OK when I was there, so I'm guessing they did repairs off his report. He didn't call out the lack of a GFCI for the whirlpool though.

JF

David Banks Guest

I did one this week that the Realtor owner said was a Steam Boiler. (In MLS also) It was not steam but 1934 gravity hot water. She could not believe it was not steam. I asked here who told her it was steam and she said her Home Inspector in 1995. No service tags but that boiler looked like it would run forever. Of course I recommended replacement.