Brian Cooper Guest

Default Water Purity Test

Can anyone provide assistance on offering a water purity test to my clients? What services do you provide? What are your normal fees? What does your report look like? Thanks...

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: Water Purity Test

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Cooper View Post
    Can anyone provide assistance on offering a water purity test to my clients? What services do you provide? What are your normal fees? What does your report look like? Thanks...
    Unless you are in an area that has a large number of homes on private wells I would not worry with it. Even with well systems, most must be certified by local health departments before a home can change ownership.

I have done some water test but I always used a local lab. I tell them what I wanted to test for, they would prepare the containers and give it to me in a small ice chest. Most test require you to maintain the temperature of the sample, but it depends on what is being tested.

I would then return the sample and the chest to the lab. They would process and provide the results to me and then I would forward to my client. I marked up the test by 30% to cover my time.

You must follow protocols, most are set by the lab you work with.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com