Jon Randolph Guest

Default Foot traffic on roof

I say that it was most likely years of squirells jumping from the tree and running ur the edge. What say you?

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: Foot traffic on roof

It was probably these guys playing again.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

In an area with prevailing winds the roof edges are affected by wind the same as the edge of a wing on a plane. The wind will drop off the edge creating more pressure on the edge shingles.
    Unless that's Jerry's roof, then the trained squirrel thing might come into affect.

Quote Originally Posted by wayne soper View Post
    In an area with prevailing winds the roof edges are affected by wind the same as the edge of a wing on a plane. The wind will drop off the edge creating more pressure on the edge shingles.
    Same applies to the edges not facing the prevailing wind. (Glad to hear someone else using that term.)

Unless that's Jerry's roof, then the trained squirrel thing might come into affect.
    I *WISH* I could train the squirrels, they jump from our roof to our fence and run around the back yard to the trees along the fence. I would train them to run around the back yard the other direction and stay off the roof.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com