Default Does Dragon Naturally speaking work?

I see from a prior post that someone was able to use Dragon Naturally Speaking voice recognition software for reports -
    Question - my main need is to minimize use of the mouse. Have developed a painful carpal tunnel syndrome, more from using the mouse than from typing (though it affects that too). Does Dragon help you avoid moving the mouse, or do you have to move the mouse to each insertion point before using it?? For example, with HIP and other report database type software, there are many drop down menus for selecting materials, comments, etc. and you need the mouse to select and position pictures.

I need to reduce report writing time, not increase it. I know any new tool takes some adjustment time, but will it help in the long run?

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: Does Dragon Naturally speaking work?

It does work and has the ability to eliminate the mouse. I have any attorney friend who is disabled and uses it. I use it for dictation but have never tried the other features. There will be a bit of a learning curve, but it could work for you.

I would use it more often, but I have trouble dictating my thoughts as opposed to writing them.

Thanks Mark. I skimmed through the Dragon 13 manual and command set. Still have questions, but will pursue that with Dragon support. Just wanted some reassurance that it would be worth the investment in money and time.

IT's GREAT!!!! it lets your report sound exactly the way you speak at the inspection, which allows their memory triggers to work optimally and remember. I think it creates a much better, more detailed report.

I haven't used the latest Dragon version, but in the past versions, the error rate drove me crazy. Maybe I slur.

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

"IT's GREAT!!!! it lets your report sound exactly the way you speak at the inspection, which allows their memory triggers to work optimally and remember. I think it creates a much better, more detailed report. "

that would be bad news for me - if I don't control myself, I can easily ramble on and on sometimes when chatting with customers. Would turn an already detailed 35 pg report into 350 pages.