Default Going to take a break!

I've noticed a trend in the threads for a while now on InspectionNews, and another forum I'm part of. Most of the threads seem to break down from the original topic to personal attacks, pontification, or a far reaching topic so off tangent it might as well have been under another heading.

The Facebook forum is just ugly at times. While the personal attacks have pretty much gone away here on IN, they are alive and un-well on the FB forum. It's really pathetic.

Life is too short to have so much negative energy around. And tedious.

I have decided that its in my best interest to quit participating in this and other HI forums.

Take care!

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: Going to take a break!

Jack,
    Instead of voting with your feet, try reporting the threads and posters to Brian along with your concerns. He will take action to correct anything within his power. I say this from experience. It may not be instantaneous but he will effect change.

You may be speaking of the noise over Canadian licensing. The main characters do have issues with each other which is sad.

As far as Face Book I personally don't go there, never have. Then again if you compare IN to internachi which is awash with little girls sniping with each other. The forum administrator along with the company owner seem to enjoy the name calling and degradation within the threads.

Be proactive and email Brian. You will be pleased with the results.

The red triangle on the left bottom of each post is a simple way to contact Brian with your thoughts, give it a try.

Last edited by Garry Sorrells; 06-12-2015 at 04:41 AM.

I agree. I started a thread to try to be helpful, and next thing it turned ugly. The rest seems to be part of the ongoing saga of history that appears to never end.

Fwiw

I wrote Brian and explained to him what I thought, and why the issues are important. Having said that I also asked Brian to consider pulling the entire thread.

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Sounds like that's what the trend has been here for a while now. I don't post as much because I just got tired of a lot of the bullchit and bickering.

"It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man". - Jack Handey

Bill Chinook Guest

FYI

All the bickering and fighting on both this forum and Internachi makes home inspectors look really stupid and unprofessional.

If I needed an inspection and googled the inspector's name and found the crap I've found on these forums you can bet your behind I wouldn't call you in a million years.

Be careful what you post online, it can severely hurt you later on.

Thumbs up Re: Going to take a break!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Jack, I understand your position but I hope your break is short one.

I just wanted to mention that much of this forum's direction, both good and bad, is in the hands of those who read, and those who post. It is a member driven forum as I am in no position to read and moderate every post.

I want to encourage everyone to click on either the red triangle icon to the lower left of every post or the REPORT POST text that is on the upper right of every post on the blue bar next to the post number.

The more individuals who report a post and the frequency that the post is reported will contribute greatly to how quickly it will be addressed and/or deleted.

It is much easier for me to address concerns when they happen rather than something that has been going on for weeks. The last thing I want to do is read 300 individual post in a thread and try to determine when and where it started to go bad and who the bad guys are.

The most common issue on the site is personal attacks. If you feel the urge to make things personal, which always degrades the thread topic, send them a PM, an email, call them, contact them however you want but DO NOT post it on InspectionNews. And if someone does post it, I need EVERYONE to report it. If I know that many people object to something it will most likely be deleted quickly. If I am deleting the same persons posts often, most likely I will delete their account.

It is all of you who have made InspectionNews such a great place to share information and I ask your help to keep it that way.

Report what needs to be reported...at the time it happens and if you have a personal conflict with someone, communicate with them off of InspectionNews.

InspectionNews is a great home for all of us, but we need to take out the trash to keep our home clean.

Thank you all!

View The List Of InspectionNews Member Benefits!

-----------------
    Sincerely,
    Brian Hannigan
    InspectionNews.net / InspectionReferral.com
    Helping Inspectors $ucceed Since 1997TM

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/InspectionNews
    Twitter: @InspectionNews

Thanks Brian.

I also hope Jack reconsiders because I know I enjoy his posts as do others. We have a great forum here and sometimes passions run deep.

The decorum here seems improved. It's been a while since I've seen anything ugly.

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

I agree and admit that I also visit IN less often and certainly post even less often because of a few that behave as if they consider themselves elite and above the rest.

Steven Turetsky, UID #16000002314
    homeinspectionsnewyork.com
    eifsinspectionsnewyork.com

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Turetsky View Post
    I agree and admit that I also visit IN less often and certainly post even less often because of a few that behave as if they consider themselves elite and above the rest.
    Same here. I found it to be easier to search around and find the answer myself than to post some things up here anymore. It's a shame that this is what this site has come to.

There are still calm and helpful people here who do not berate or condescend but I pick and choose what I post anymore.

"It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man". - Jack Handey