Thread: what to call

Jeff Eastman Guest

Default Re: what to call

I can't tell from the photos, but what you describe is called " Mineral deposits".

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Eastman View Post
    My mind is dumping, whats' the techno-geek term for the white substance around the plumbing fitting to indicate water seepage?

And should faucets supply line should be properly supported and protected from physical damage?

Jeff,

Efflorescence

Naw the Lawn mower,HVAC Tech, Somebody tripping over it ,Will take care of it.

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

I may be wrong, but isn't effervescence a white powdery substance found on concrete walls (usually fuzzy looking)?

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

Brandon Chew Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Cantrell View Post
    I may be wrong, but isn't effervescence a white powdery substance found on concrete walls (usually fuzzy looking)?
    Effervescence what you get in a glass of water when you drop two alka-seltzer in it.

Efflorescence is the white powdery substance on concrete and leaky pipes. The white stuff is the minerals in the water that remain behind after the water evaporates.

Jeff - my techno-geek term for the stuff in your photo is "a leak".

Last edited by Brandon Chew; 11-19-2007 at 05:55 PM.

Brandon,

Thanks. It always rubs me the wrong way when someone uses effervescence when they mean efflorescence. Effervescent can also be used to describe a bubbly personality.

Department of Redundancy Department
    Supreme Emperor of Hyperbole
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/