Default Words, it is what our reports are and what we live and die by, words matter.

I know that I have often stressed that how we say things is sometimes more important that what we say - words are how we convey what we find and what we know about what we find to our clients.

While the following is a bit far fetched (you will understand when you read it) it does show that words matter.

Enjoy ... and keep making sure of how you say what you are saying.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LAWYERS DON`T LIE

A lawyer had a wife and 12 children and needed to move as his rental agreement was coming to an end for the home where he lived but was having difficulty in finding a new home.

When he said he had 12 children, no one would rent a home to him because they knew that the children would destroy the home.

He could not say that he had no children, he could not lie, after all, lawyers cannot and do not lie.

So, he had an idea: he sent his wife for a walk to the cemetery with 11 children.

He took the remaining one with him to see homes with the Real Estate Agent.

He liked one of the homes and the agent asked: "How many children do you have?” He answered: "12 children”.

The agent asked "Where are the others? The lawyer answered, with a sad look, "They are in the cemetery with their mother”.

And that's the way he was able to rent a home for his family without lying.

MORAL: It is not necessary to lie; one only has to choose the right words.

Lawyers don't lie, they are creative.

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1
    Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Default Re: Words, it is what our reports are and what we live and die by, words matter.

Very Good.

Default Re: Words, it is what our reports are and what we live and die by, words matter.

Why would he rent when he could buy and build equity? After all given the amount of money they charge per hour he should be flush. Which leads me to ponder; either he is a poor lawyer and/or spending too much time in the bedroom with the wife.

The moral of the story is he should buy a TV for the bedroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post
    Why would he rent when he could buy and build equity? After all given the amount of money they charge per hour he should be flush. Which leads me to ponder; either he is a poor lawyer and/or spending too much time in the bedroom with the wife.

The moral of the story is he should buy a TV for the bedroom.
    You got past the 'Lawyers don't lie' part ... and still thought about the above? Maybe you didn't understand what the title said?

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Yes I got it. Words do matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post
    Yes I got it. Words do matter.
    You saw the ... right?

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com