Default Long way back to the access hatch.....

Things you don't like to see when you are crawling under a hundred year old home in the "M" streets.
    Two eyes looking at you and you are a long way from getting out of there. Turned out to be a big ol cat and it didn't move except to keep me in it's sites the whole time. Obviously, I wrote up that the crawl space was not 100% accessible.

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: Long way back to the access hatch.....

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Burnett View Post
    Things you don't like to see when you are crawling under a hundred year old home in the "M" streets.
    Two eyes looking at you and you are a long way from getting out of there. Turned out to be a big ol cat and it didn't move except to keep me in it's sites the whole time. Obviously, I wrote up that the crawl space was not 100% accessible.
    I always love it when I get home and get the flash photos blown up on the monitor and see those critters looking back at me that I was oblivious to when I was just a few feet from them... sometimes ignorance is bliss!

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

Nice joints in the chimney flue connector.

That looks like transite pipe? Can it be used for venting a gas/oil furnace?

Old asbestos vent from an old natural gas floor furnace to the brick chimney. I think the place is going to be a scrape. Historic area and they don't like taking the old houses down unless they are too far gone. I think this one may have hit that mark about 20 years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Old asbestos vent from an old natural gas floor furnace to the brick chimney. I think the place is going to be a scrape. Historic area and they don't like taking the old houses down unless they are too far gone. I think this one may have hit that mark about 20 years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Frank Adame Guest

I inspected an "M" house four weeks ago. Flooring repairs had been made and the contractors forgot to leave the original floor hatch open in the closet. They sealed it up. No other crawlspace opening was available. I told the buyers I would charge them $150 to return when the sellers opened up the floor. Never got the call back. Lucky me.