Default Jack of ALL trades

You really can't make this up:

Checkmark Plus Inc. | Commercial and Residential Inspections

He's an engineer, a licensed home inspector, a realtor and does appraisals.

And NACHI says you shouldn't market to realtors; LOL

Darren

New Jersey Home Inspection - About the House!

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: Jack of ALL trades

Report him to Jim Bushart, I'm sure he will take care of him!

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Check out the testimonials:

"He spent an hour checking out my condo"

How about that pricing.........

And Nick was quoted as saying
    "in other words, non members really shouldn't be out there inspecting for the poor, unsuspecting consumers."

you really can't make this stuff up

Tim Moreira Guest

His prices seem a little low, but then again I don't know his area or market.

Must be a two a day inspector. Maybe three or four if he does those one hour condos.

Deleted Account Guest

He operates his business in a state that has socialized our profession and has met the standard.

• New Jersey Licensed Home Inspector (LICENSE #: 24GI00069800)
    • Mechanical Engineer form New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT), 1995
    • Member of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, ASME (MEMBERSHIP #: 3954690)
    • Certified Home Inspector from the National Association of Home Inspectors, NACHI (MEMBER #: 04100882)
    • Former home Inspector at BGK home Inspection service, Inc.
    • Home Inspection training completed at Bergen County Technical Schools
    • New Jersey Certified RADON Measurement Technician (CERTIFICATION#: MET12189)
    • Radon studies at Rutgers University
    • New Jersey Certified PESTICIDE applicator (LICENSE #: 28735B)
    • New Jersey Certified TERMITE inspector (LICENSE #: 28735B)
    • FREA full cover insurance for 1,000.000 policy as a Residential Real Estate Inspector
    Related Certifications:
    • New Jersey Real Estate License (REFERENCE #: 0452553)
    • New Jersey Licensed Trainee Appraiser (LICENSE #: 42RP00292200)

His association affiliation is listed fourth as it should be in a state where through licensing associations have lost their purpose. The public has never known the difference between any association nor do they care.

In a licensed states the consumer asks only two questions.

1). Are you licensed?
    2). Whats' the price?

The equality achieved through licensing forces everyone to have to compete only on price, once we are all licensed price will be the only tangible differentiation between inspectors regardless of all other qualifications or association affiliations.

Our New Jersey friend could have stopped once he listed his license number because the consumer did not need to read any further.

Licensing solves nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burkeson View Post
    He operates his business in a state that has socialized our profession and has met the standard.

In a licensed states the consumer asks only two questions.

1). Are you licensed?
    2). Whats' the price?

The equality achieved through licensing forces everyone to have to compete only on price, once we are all licensed price will be the only tangible differentiation between inspectors regardless of all other qualifications or association affiliations.

Our New Jersey friend could have stopped once he listed his license number because the consumer did not need to read any further.

Licensing solves nothing.
    I can't recall the last time I was asked if I was licensed. Price shoppers, I have them from time to time. Most of my business is referral or from my website, so price is usually the last question that is asked. I have worked under a home inspection license for the past six years and I can honestly say that I have seen an increase in the fees the home inspectors charge. Sure you will always have the few lowballers that catch the price shoppers. I'm glad that they are getting the curds as all I want is the cream.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Deleted Account Guest

You know Scott, not for nothing but I believe your message would be better appreciated on the ASHI board. I sincerely feel for Roger who posted "Effect of regulation on YOU & ASHI - comments requested", 144 hits & 2 comments one of which was deleted or removed by the moderator, truly sad commentary.

There is really no compromise on an issue like licensing, it is akin to being a little pregnant. Either you are for the government take over of our profession through licensing or you are against it, there is no middle ground and once you have lost control you no longer can make financial decisions without asking for permission from someone you have given authority to.

It is a worthy fight, so for now I'll continue to oppose licensing whenever possible without seeking anyone's prior approval.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burkeson View Post
    You know Scott, not for nothing but I believe your message would be better appreciated on the ASHI board. I sincerely feel for Roger who posted "Effect of regulation on YOU & ASHI - comments requested", 144 hits & 2 comments one of which was deleted or removed by the moderator, truly sad commentary.
    The original post counts as 1, so everything is still in place. Jim's is still the only post. Marv Goldstein asked for the same information back in January. Most replied then.

There is really no compromise on an issue like licensing, it is akin to being a little pregnant. Either you are for the government take over of our profession through licensing or you are against it, there is no middle ground and once you have lost control you no longer can make financial decisions without asking for permission from someone you have given authority to.

It is a worthy fight, so for now I'll continue to oppose licensing whenever possible without seeking anyone's prior approval.
    Personally I like licensing, it has been good for me and my business.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Deleted Account Guest

No Scott you are wrong, one of my favorite ASHI members Gary Randolph first posted to the thread and he either deleted it or the moderator was screwing around again. I won't post there anymore but I do read the news and send private emails, Roger and I have discussed the issue at length. It is a shame the PC Police rule the roost kinda renders the board useless.

Who knows this board may one day succumb to the same political pressure and render itself useless too.

BTW - Bong Hits for Jesus.

Just testing the waters - Joe.

I never did see it, and I'm on a notification for that thread. Oh well, life's too short to worry about everything. Lookout for those black helicopters!

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

I really like the hablO espanol. habla OK PUTA Dooay. Thats MexThai and it means, well dooay means also so you get the idea.

Eric Shuman Guest

Darren,

Has anyone ever told you that you look a lot like the late Frank Zappa?

The resemblance is uncanny.

Eric

Talking Re: Jack of ALL trades

I tried to email the guy but got a response he was at a Mold remediation seminar.