Lightbulb New member introduction

Hi there! My name is Cristhian and I am a new member to this forum. I am a home inspector in Tampa FL working under a company called Home Check Inspections (www.homecheckfl.com). We do home inspections, wind mitigation inspections, and four point inspections. The reason I joined this forum is discuss home inspection related issues, and to network to other inspectors. I look forward to "meeting" you guys!

Like our facebook page at www.facebook.com/homecheckfl

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Hello Cristhian Perez,

I'm Brian Hannigan and I am the creator of InspectionNews

Welcome aboard. Enjoy your visit here at InspectionNews and if there is anything I can help you with just let me know.

As a "Thank You" for making your first post I have a gift for you. You can pick it up at:
    Send Your Free Card

View The List Of InspectionNews Member Benefits!

-----------------
    Sincerely,
    Brian Hannigan
    InspectionNews.net / InspectionReferral.com
    Helping Inspectors $ucceed Since 1997TM

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/InspectionNews
    Twitter: @InspectionNews

Default Re: New member introduction

Quote Originally Posted by Cristhian Perez View Post
    Hi there! My name is Cristhian and I am a new member to this forum. I am a home inspector in Tampa FL working under a company called Home Check Inspections (www.homecheckfl.com). We do home inspections, wind mitigation inspections, and four point inspections. The reason I joined this forum is discuss home inspection related issues, and to network to other inspectors. I look forward to "meeting" you guys!

Like our facebook page at www.facebook.com/homecheckfl
    Hi Cristhian,

I have always wondered. What is a "four point inspection"? Ok... maybe not "always". But whenever I hear the term.

Department of Redundancy Department
    Supreme Emperor of Hyperbole
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar Alquist View Post
    Hi Cristhian,

I have always wondered. What is a "four point inspection"? Ok... maybe not "always". But whenever I hear the term.
    Gunnar,

A "four point inspection" is a Florida thing.

They were started by the insurance companies as a way to reduce their risks for the houses they insured.

It used to be like this (but I've been retired for 10 years now, and I never did them even when I was in the business): Roof, electrical (panel), plumbing (water heater), AHU and CU.

Old roof - replace it no insurance.

Fuse panel or FPE panel (might now include Zinsco panels) - replace it or no insurance.

Water heater old - replace it or no insurance.

AHU/CU old - replace it or no insurance.

What the market cannot do ... insurance companies can - or no insurance (and no insurance, no mortgage, no house).

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Hi Jerry,

Thanks. We briefly had something like that here in CA. I remember a 2 page report that insurance companies wanted done by home inspectors. Rate the systems: Good, fair, poor. My problem was that they did not provide a metric. How exactly was I supposed to rate an electrical system? Was a "good" electrical system one that would not shock you or burn your house down, a "fair" electrical system one that would only occasionally shock you and a "poor" one cause instantaneous death?

I didn't do them either and I don't know anyone who did. I think they went away. At least, I haven't heard of one in years.

Department of Redundancy Department
    Supreme Emperor of Hyperbole
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/

Welcome Christian!

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com