Jim Santos Guest

Default Condensation is accumulating inside my HVAC making it leak

I cleaned drain pan and poured some bleach to clean drainage hose in my unit.

It's about 4 years old and poorly maintained but cools great.
    I noticed on one of the two front panels to access inside of unit a screw was missing.
    Even though no one had touched unit but me.
    I had been having issues with high humidity in on of my rooms but I live in Florida and I guess that's normal.
    Since I went in there now the inside insulation is water soaked,so much it is dripping from unit.
    I called an HVAC repair service and they are coming today.
    But I want to know if I made this situation happen by opening the unit up and cleaning drain and pipe myself, or is it a normal malfunction that comes with age?
    Thanks

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: Condensation is accumulating inside my HVAC making it leak

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Santos View Post

I noticed on one of the two front panels to access inside of unit a screw was missing.
    I had been having issues with high humidity in on of my rooms but I live in Florida and I guess that's normal.
    Since I went in there now the inside insulation is water soaked,so much it is dripping from unit.
    But I want to know if I made this situation happen by opening the unit up and cleaning drain and pipe myself, or is it a normal malfunction that comes with age?
    Thanks
    You likely broke some sludge loose that then blocked the drain. Blow out the drain lines or use a shop vac to clean them. There should not be any water inside the electrical compartment.

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

Default Re: Condensation is accumulating inside my HVAC making it leak

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Santos View Post

Thanks
    Jim, What did the HVAC Tech find???

Tom Rees / A Closer Look Home Inspection / Salt Lake City, Utah
    http://acloserlookslc.com/