Default 2 Wire Load Side Fuse Panel

Older load side (sub) panel. . Re-wiring of still older system, lots of conversions from conduit to BX and back at various points, difficult and sometimes impossible to visually trace, I would not want to depend on the continuity of the conduit and/or BX back to the service panel. Currently the neutral (grounded) feeder conductor is bonded to panel then runs to line side of fuse block (pic 2). (Another circuit is double tapped from the line side terminals, but that's a different issue).

Recommendation?

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Last edited by Michael Thomas; 04-11-2007 at 07:40 PM.
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: 2 Wire Load Side Fuse Panel

Aw, come on... there must be SOMEBODY here who can explain to me the (il)logic of bonding the neutral to this panel. Was (is) this correct in an older system without separate grounds? Inquiring minds want to know.

Default Re: 2 Wire Load Side Fuse Panel

That would be a 120 volt service, if it were the service equipment, and would be acceptable there.

However, being as it is a *PANEL* *AND NOT SERVICE EQUIPMENT* (arrrrgggg to the 'sub' thing - it is a "panel") ... (sorry had to get that out of my system) ... then bonding the neutral to ground *is not allowed*.

(testing strike out text, other html commands did not work, does this? - <strike>if this is struck through text, it worked, if not, it did not work</strike>)

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com