Default Re: Municipal Building Inspections

Raymond, search todays Chicago Tribune for a building inspector article. You'll either laugh or cry. So pathetic.

www.aic-chicago.com
    773/844-4AIC
    "The Code is not a ceiling to reach but a floor to work up from"

Default Re: Municipal Building Inspections

After reading the article mentioned in this post, I am curious what the OP Raymond Wand would say or write if he where to be asked to take the side of the homeowner. Then, let's take the side of the subcontractor who resisted the "insistence" of the inspector to add the bracing. Then, take the side of the inspector who allowed his good judgement to be overruled by the protests of a subcontractor. (In my area, the code allows for the inspector to use his own judgement and fail something for any reason.) And finally, if you were a home inspector and had the task of inspecting this roof, what would you have said? And, why does it appear that the design professional who drew the plans not seem to be mentioned in the suit?
    And finally, how is it possible that the author comes to the conclusion that the homeowner has the extraordinary responsibility to oversee the work of the contractor and every subcontractor, when he writes: "If a contractor or their subcontractors are not constructing a home in a manner which appears appropriate, it is important for the home owner and contractor to have discussions about expectations and the home owner should consider whether they wish to continue their relationship with the contractor." I can see the next post coming from this blogger that advises plaintiffs to watch the work of their attorney to keep him from looses his case. How does a lay person know what would "Appear appropriate"?
    Sometimes, lawyers make me laugh.