FPE (Canadian)
    Model NBLP 30-4L
    225 AMP - 240 MAX VOLT
    REMOTE PANEL
    Any information would be helpful.
    FPE.JPG

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper
    Robert Young's Montreal Home Inspection Services Inc.
    Call (514) 489-1887 or (514) 441-3732
    Our Motto; Putting information where you need it most, "In your hands.”

Default Re: Remote Load Center

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT YOUNG View Post
    FPE (Canadian)
    Model NBLP 30-4L
    225 AMP - 240 MAX VOLT
    REMOTE PANEL
    Any information would be helpful.
    Not sure what you are asking ... with the cover on and all we can see - you've provided all the information already. .. ?

I do have a question though ... does the labeling state 240 volts maximum?

I've seen many 120 volt circuits which measured 123 or so volts ... which would make it 246 or so volts (exceeding the 240 volt maximum rating if that is stated).

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Sorry.
    What year or cercia or build.

I have seen many FPE load center remotes before but never one like this.
    Typically there are four or six screw to remove the panel front.
    a. One at each corner. b. One at each corner & two in the center opposing each other on the side.
    This one is very unusual and I did not feel like solving the Rubix Panel.

Sorry for the edit.
    I am exhausted. Would sure like to see if another inspector would work and grow a small multi HI inspection company.
    All in god's hands.

Yes 240 max volt / 225 amp, but that is typical for FPE panels.
    I will review past reports.
    240 max.jpg

Last edited by ROBERT YOUNG; 04-03-2016 at 04:02 PM.

Federal Pioneer, from the early '90's I believe.

I don't remember ever finding a panel board that I couldn't figure out (fairly quickly) how to remove the dead-front, even if it required too much "work" to undo.

Weren't you curious about the interior and wiring?

Dom.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom D'Agostino View Post
    Federal Pioneer, from the early '90's I believe.

Weren't you curious about the interior and wiring?

Dom.
    Thanks Dominic.
    What makes you think 1990's?
    any link to find SE panel age?

As to your question about curiosity, I am always curious but the space was limited.
    1: I am respectful of electrical components.
    2: Safety first and foremost.
    3: More than 6 hand movements.

Dom, the main disconnect was unattainable. Maintenance staff is only there twice a week and they where not there that day.
    I asked in advance to see the utility room/s and any past maintenance records, no matter how old.
    If I disturbed a component that required the remote service be disconnected, a breaker the jumped the buss, I would not be a happy camper, nor my clients, nor the easy on the eye seller's broker whom I suspect refered me.

3: More than 6 hand movements.
    More than 6 disconnects is permitted in other than service equipment - at down here in the states.

Dom, the main disconnect was unattainable. Maintenance staff is only there twice a week and they where not there that day.
    I asked in advance to see the utility room/s and any past maintenance records, no matter how old.
    If I disturbed a component that required the remote service be disconnected, a breaker the jumped the buss, I would not be a happy camper, nor my clients, nor the easy on the eye seller's broker whom I suspect refered me.
    I don't know about the CEC, the NEC 'down here' in the states requires that all overcurrent devices are required to be accessible to the occupants, i.e., the 'main disconnect' for the condo/apartment is to be accessible to the occupants of the condo/apartment it protects, unless ... unless - at all times - qualified building management personnel are on site ... at all times that the building is occupied.

Look in the CEC under the section on overcurrent protection - you will likely find something with a similar requirement.

If 'maintenance' goes home at 5 pm, then either other qualified management personnel need to be on site who have access to the meter rooms or the occupants have such access to the meter rooms where their 'main disconnect' is ... keeping in mind that their 'main disconnect' is not a "service disconnect".

There is one exception to the - 'condo/apartment mains are not service disconnects' - condo/apartment building may have one-to-six mains (not "hand movements" or "movements of the hand"), thus, if the condo/apartment building only had 5 units or fewer units, then the 'main disconnect' for each unit 'could be' a 'main service disconnect' as that one leave one or more additional 'service disconnect(s)' for the house panel (common area panel) ... a remote possibility, but a possibility.

Robert, am I understanding your post to indicate that you did not find any cover screws? Or did I misunderstand what you were saying as to not finding a way to remove the cover?

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Storage in front of the panel. Lots of room for the service equipment.

I was making a joke about more than six hand movement to be able to dismount the dead front.

Someone buy Jerry a funny bone.

Last edited by ROBERT YOUNG; 04-04-2016 at 03:17 AM.

I was ... dismount the dead front.
    How on earth were you ever able to mount the dead front cover in the first place? Seems like it would hurt a bit ...

Some buy Jerry a funny bone.
    I think I just hit my funny bone ...

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    More than 6 disconnects is permitted in other than service equipment - at down here in the states.
    Here as well.

Told my clients get me in the utility room if they purchase the heritage century commercial property / commercial business condo.

[QUOTE=Jerry Peck;265241]I don't know about the CEC, the NEC 'down here' in the states requires that all overcurrent devices are required to be accessible to the occupants, i.e., the 'main disconnect' for the condo/apartment is to be accessible to the occupants of the condo/apartment it protects, unless ... unless - at all times - qualified building management personnel are on site ... at all times that the building is occupied.

Look in the CEC under the section on overcurrent protection - you will likely find something with a similar requirement.

If 'maintenance' goes home at 5 pm, then either other qualified management personnel need to be on site who have access to the meter rooms or the occupants have such access to the meter rooms where their 'main disconnect' is ... keeping in mind that their 'main disconnect' is not a "service disconnect".

There is one exception to the - 'condo/apartment mains are not service disconnects' - condo/apartment building may have one-to-six mains (not "hand movements" or "movements of the hand"), thus, if the condo/apartment building only had 5 units or fewer units, then the 'main disconnect' for each unit 'could be' a 'main service disconnect' as that one leave one or more additional 'service disconnect(s)' for the house panel (common area panel) ... a remote possibility, but a possibility.

Robert, am I understanding your post to indicate that you did not find any cover screws? Or did I misunderstand what you were saying as to not finding a way to remove the cover?
    Jerry, the overcurrent protection device had screws as well as nuts.
    I will post more images.
    Wish Brian Hannigan's InspectionNews had the 3d technology for moments like this, ha ha ha.

It appeared the deadfront wrapped around the case.
    From what I recall you would open the remote service panel in the front center where the circuits are labeled.
    service panel.JPG

I honestly thought, if I open that section of the panel how will I see the SEC, neutral bus/es and ground terminal?

I will be finalizing the report in the morning and will look into the CSA or P.S. Knight.
    As usual, thanks.

How on earth were you ever able to mount the dead front cover in the first place? Seems like it would hurt a bit ...

I think I just hit my funny bone ...
    While some may agree and others not, an electrical analogy might be, one serviced oneself

That particular panel front in my experience is most often found in commercial buildings.