Thread: Contract

Default Contract

If a client is not in town/country and the real estate agents contacts you and wants you to do the inspection, whom you consider as your client ??

real estate agent
    or
    buyer ?

Thanks in advance.

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: Contract

I have the client sign an email contract. If that is not possible, then it sounds like the real estate agent is your client. They sign your contract, they pay you, and the inspection is in their name. If they have a POA, or a contract that says they can do things in their clients interest, then you can use clients name. Just get a copy of their agreement so you are covered.

Don't do an inspection without a signed contract.
    The name on the inspection should be the same as the contract.

In situations like that my clients name goes on the contract.

I agree the client has the most skin in the game and will be the one who pursues you when things go wrong. Without their signature on the agreement then you are opening yourself to lots of liability.

We have the capability of e-sign on our agreements so don't go out the door without a signed agreement. Worst case for the technology challenged we will bring a hard copy of the clients signature.

//Rick

Rick Bunzel
    WWW.PacCrestInspections.com
    360-588-6956

In the world we live in today, I can really see no reason that the person buying the home can not sign the contract electronically. I had a client that was scouting professional baseball players in the Dominican Republic and they signed the contract online or electronically.

I use ISN and that makes it extremely easy to sign contracts online, but you can do it with a fax or even some apps that allow you to sign with just about any device.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Sending any document by email, fax or scan takes just a few minutes. Getting the client to sign and return may take longer, depending on the client's abilities or equipment. Invariably I either scan the docs to an email account or send them as an attachment with an email cover. Either way I ask the client to acknowledge receipt and that they have read all the contract including limitations, that way, even without a sgned contract in hand before the inspection, I have an agreement to some degree.

If they can't return the signed contract electronically they can either hand it to their agent, bring it with them or mail it as a last resort.

Being that my area is a resort destination, I get quite a few out of town clients, who I may never see. In fact one of my last are currently living in New Zealand and purchased the home while on vacation here.