Default Alberta newbie_and advice needed

So Alberta is licensed but does not require associationonly training.
    My training is Carson Dunlop $4500ish...almost done and only been looking atassociations and thought I might just adopt a specific Code and Standards tofollow as I will be bonded as well.

Almost done and have been looking at Insurance.....Here is the catch. They allwant you to be part of an association.

Problem...Ive just spent months and 4k in training and with CAPHI Iwould have to pass 7 more tests. In all to join CAPHI will cost an additional$1475 and more time.
    I'm currently still working my old job and hoped to be up and running by nextmonth but this has now set me back.

I could have done all this with InterNachi(recognized by Alberta) for $500. ugh

I'm at the mercy whatever the Insurance companies will quote me with or withoutassociation.
    Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you

Kyle

Forces Home Inspections, Veteran Owned
    forceshomeinspections@gmail.com

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Kyle Turner; 02-05-2017 at 11:24 PM.
    Member Benefits1

Hello Kyle Turner,

I'm Brian Hannigan and I am the creator of InspectionNews

Welcome aboard. Enjoy your visit here at InspectionNews and if there is anything I can help you with just let me know.

As a "Thank You" for making your first post I have a gift for you. You can pick it up at:
    http://www.SendYourFreeCard.com

View The List Of InspectionNews Member Benefits!

-----------------
    Sincerely,
    Brian Hannigan
    InspectionNews.net / InspectionReferral.com
    Helping Inspectors $ucceed Since 1997TM

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/InspectionNews
    Twitter: @InspectionNews

Default Re: Alberta newbie_and advice needed

Welcome to the forum, Kyle.

If an association is what you need at the moment, you might consider a month-by-month membership in InterNACHI. There also a number of vendors out there who cover an initial membership period in a few associations if you use the vendors service. That might work for you as well.

GRANT MEDICH
    1st Call Home Inspection, LLC
    Rockford, Michigan