Paul Hollup Guest

Talking Just wanted to say HI!

I have been reading all articles from all home inspectors. It is great to see a lot of good home inspectors on the message board.
    Food for thought, the other day I was ask to do a radon test the client had her own inspector. The inspector had no tools, was 45 minutes late for the inspection, had a metal clip board and a 100' tape. Now thats quality service.

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

David Argabright Guest

Default Re: Just wanted to say HI!

Hi Paul and welcome.

I know what you mean about some of the "inspectors" out there. Sad part is the're doing taking business away from inspectors that do things the right way and care about providing useful infornation to their clients. It's about educating the buyers and realtors to the benifits of getting a good inspection.
    Part of the problem in Ohio is that by my estimation, less than 50% of the "inspectors" out here are a member of ANY inspector group. That means no standards, responsibility, or paying for their mistakes. Just make $$$ and provide little or no information or education to the clients. If they get in trouble thhey can just set up another company next week under a new name. Or if the heats too much they get out of the business and make us clean their mess.

Paul,

Would you finish filling out your User CP so we may tell where you are from?

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

Paul,

Are you working in Oklahoma by chance?

rick

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Hollup View Post
    The inspector had no tools, was 45 minutes late for the inspection, had a metal clip board and a 100' tape. Now thats quality service.
    Dang. I don't have either one of those things!
    On the other hand, I'm compulsively early. It's a sickness.

"There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

Paul Hollup Guest

Talking Re: Just wanted to say HI!

I am from Pennsylvania, live in Montgomery County (Hi John).

Richard Rushing Guest

Some folks get *Inspector* and *Appraiser* mixed up. Sounds like the case here....

RR

Talking Re: Just wanted to say HI!

Hello Paul, and welcome to Inspection News. It sounds llike Richard is right on this one.

Angry Re: Just wanted to say HI!

Brian, PLEASE remove Rick Hurst from this board, A man does not even have to be present to be slandered by this man. The smiley face does not stop the pain.

William Mize Guest

Paul,Welcome to Inspection News. The forums here are very informative if you can wade through the cow lot that some of the guys seem to think is mandatory for people to express different opinions. But BS makes wonderful fertilizer when properly composted.

Rick Just what do you have against Oklahoma. You reminded me of an old Texas joke: A Texan was visiting with a friend in Oklahoma and in general being a pest, The Okie asked "Do you know what gross ignorance is?" the Texan replied "no". "Well" said the OKie "it is twelve dozen Texans." The Texan thought that was funny so when he got back to Texas he saw a friend and said "I was over in Oklahoma the other day and heard a joke. Know what gross ignorance is?" The friend replied "no" so the first Texan said "it is 120 of us Texans."

Tony: When someone offends you take your lumps, go on, life keeps happening this "I'm gonna tell Brian" is getting old.

To the rest of you this is a public fourm and everything you post may be seen by anyone anywhere and we want to be "professionals" But would you want to be judged by the way we act on this site or any other.

My wife teaches 8th grade and she deals with the same mentality--Grow up.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays may each of you have health and Prosperity in your lives

Willie

William,

I have no problem with Oklahoma.

Half of my family lives there and I was raised there just about every weekend.

Other than the TX-OU rilvary, its all just fun.

I see at least your proud enough to list in your CP your from Oklahoma.

What I do have a problem is with one of your fellow neighbors who comes on here and has nothing to do but stir up trouble. If someone says something is white, he argues its black and has no backup for it.

Since we're posting jokes and being humorous, here's one for you.

What keeps Texas from falling into the Gulf of Mexico?

Oklahoma sux.

Oklahoma is OK.

"Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand." Leo Durocher
    Bruce Breedlove
    www.avaloninspection.com