Default plumbing pipe in stem wall

A plumbing vent pipe was installed too close to a form board before pouring the stem wall. The pipe was visible at the exterior of the stem wall after the form board was removed. This is a post tension slab. A metal plate was installed on the exterior frame wall over the pipe, I presume to prevent nail damage. The entire exterior/perimeter of the stem wall was coated with some type of concrete patch, which is done on all homes in this area for a more finished look. Note these photos are from a friend of mine in Phoenix. Where I live they do not coat the exterior of the stem walls, so you can see where all the tendons were patched. His question is whether this is a structural concern. When he described it to me I thought probably not. Looking at the photos the concern is another vent pipe and a corner nearby. I don't know what the builder could (or would) do about it now anyway.

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Inspection Referral
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. (Thomas Edison)

Default Re: plumbing pipe in stem wall

ooops. Meant to put this in the foundation/stem wall threads, not the attic, but can't figure out how to change it's location. Hopefully someone will see it here.

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. (Thomas Edison)

Default Re: plumbing pipe in stem wall

parge coatings are often applied to "dress" or repair anomalies in the foundation perimeter
    piping is also often exposed at foundation edge although it should not, i believe 3/4" minimum coverage is required
    the bigger concern imo based on the images the sill plate is not being anchored properly at one side of the cutout consult the foundation design engineer for retrofit recommendations

badair http://www.adairinspection.com Garland, TX 75042
    Commercial-Residential-Construction-EIFS-Stucco-ACMV-Infrared Thermography
    life is the random lottery of events followed by numerous narrow escapes...accept the good