Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

I'm here to answer any questions you have about this enormously long, ever-growing list: Inspector Membership Benefits and Competitive Advantages - InterNACHI

Crawl Space Creeper
    Lisa Endza
    Director of Communication
    InterNACHI

Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

Robert,

I realize Lisa is not a communications director thats a given. Its a title only the same as all the other irrelevant titles bestowed by Nachi. I don't even think she has the background in communications to direct or instil any confidence in what she says, given that all she can do is provide links. Even a florist with limited education could provide links. CMF - Certified Master Florist.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post
    Robert,

I realize Lisa is not a communications director thats a given. Its a title only the same as all the other irrelevant titles bestowed by Nachi. I don't even think she has the background in communications to direct or instil any confidence in what she says, given that all she can do is provide links. Even a florist with limited education could provide links. CMF - Certified Master Florist.

I understand what you're saying, but I still think it's pointless. Do you really think they are going to wake up one day and say "you know what, Ray was right, we do promote a lesser level of inspections and standards for home inspector licensure"? Don't think so....

Guess I learned long ago never to wrestle with a pig in the mud, you just end up getting dirty..........and besides, the pig actually likes it.....

I noticed she didn't answer your question. I think she likes me and not you.

I noticed she didn't answer your question. I think she likes me and not you.

could be....let's just say I'm not exactly on the inacho Christmas list.

Although I did get the CMI letter last week.....

Did you join? If you did I hope you got it for free.

I did send Nick a Xmas card, just cause I am a nice guy and like Nick, hard as that is to believe.

Did you join? If you did I hope you got it for free.

I did send Nick a Xmas card, just cause I am a nice guy and like Nick, hard as that is to believe.

Naaaa, I stay away from Associations now, too much childsplay for me.

I know 3 guys who got it for free (CMI).....boy, that must really piss those off who had to pay for it.

I have never actually met Nick. Although he did approach me through a second party to help rewrite their wind mitigation course. Pretty sure I wasn't the first choice as I was not exactly there greatest fan.

I never take any of this stuff personally. But, I did have a few of his cohorts put me in a difficult situation once and that kinda pissed me off a bit.

The Association I used to belong to had dealings with Nick, the founders of that organization actually help him set up inacho. He went an entirely different direct and they bailed. but like I said, never met him.....

.............just curious, what is your experience in the construction industry Lisa?
    None.

............. just curious, what is your experience in operating international trade associations Robert?

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Endza View Post
    None.

............. just curious, what is your experience in operating international trade associations Robert?

Same as yours.....none.

I also have no experience being a cobbler, auto mechanic, doctor, physicist, meteorologist, journalist....(do you want me to name them all?)

Damn it Raymond, now you got me doing it.

Last edited by Robert Sheppard; 12-29-2016 at 02:41 PM.

Who's nacho?

Robert Young's Montreal Home Inspection Services Inc.
    Call (514) 489-1887 or (514) 441-3732
    Our Motto; Putting information where you need it most, "In your hands.”

Thanks Robert S.

How come I always get blamed? ha ha.
    Remember, confession is good for the soul!

Happy New Year!

Nick reached out to Brian and offered to come here and answer any question anyone asked if Brian would make a separate section for him. Maybe that will happen.

Happy New Year.

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Sheppard View Post
    I understand what you're saying, but I still think it's pointless. Do you really think they are going to wake up one day and say "you know what, Ray was right, we do promote a lesser level of inspections and standards for home inspector licensure"? Don't think so....
    If they do wake up and realize that, they will go ... 'we achieved our goal' ... and their members will not understand what went on or that they were willing participants in it.

Guess I learned long ago never to wrestle with a pig in the mud, you just end up getting dirty..........and besides, the pig actually likes it.....

That's the saying 'arguing with an inspector is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a while you realize the inspector loves it'.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT YOUNG View Post
    Who's nacho?
    InterNachi/NACHI

Nacho is a humorous term for InterNachi/NACHI often compared to a brand of corn chip.

Similar to the Kool Aid comments.

Nick reached out to Brian and offered to come here and answer any question anyone asked if Brian would make a separate section for him. Maybe that will happen.

Happy New Year.
    Maybe Brian will call that section 'The Pig Sty' ... Nick likes dealing in the mud so much, it should feel like home to Nicky.

- - - Updated - - -

InterNachi/NACHI

Nacho is a humorous term for InterNachi/NACHI often compared to a brand of corn chip.

Also compared to nachos and cheese ... because it's all so cheesy over there.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Happy New Year.

Just so happens you're in luck.....this forum has an entire section with 16 individual threads of technical questions.

......he can start there.

InterNachi/NACHI

Heard it many times, Ray.
    All the trash talk as well.

I just wonder why intellectuals talk like children, make up names, and gang up on defenceless girls.
    Hope you see my point.

Kinda childish but I guess the difference between men and boys is the cost of their toys and the games they play.

Best.

Kinda childish but I guess the difference between men and boys is the cost of their toys and the games they play.
    Which is why you come here and trash talk others and inspection associations while praising Nicky and his company?

Robert, you really do have to grow up and do better than that.

Me thinks the lady doth protest too much (as do you, Robert).

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    Which is why you come here and trash talk others and inspection associations while praising Nicky and his company?

Robert, you really do have to grow up and do better than that.

Me thinks the lady doth protest too much (as do you, Robert).
    ? ? ?
    Jerry?
    I do admit I might get heated every now and than but I never compared myself to an intellectual or even thought of myself as formerly educated.

I give credit were credit is due.

InterNACHI has the best training school for home inspectors: https://www.nachi.org/school/

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Robert,

No offence intended, however...

Lisa is here because she has been told she has to be here. She is representing and selling Nachi and as such her continued use of this forum is it appears for recruitment and marketing purposes.

The other purpose of Lisa here is to ensure Nachi receives hits on all those links we see in the replies. Its all about the hits.

None of the other players (associations) ply their wares here full of links.

If I spoke harshly to Lisa I apologize for doing so since I do not have the patience of a saint.

Best,
    Happy New Year!

Heard it many times, Ray.
    All the trash talk as well.

I just wonder why intellectuals talk like children, make up names, and gang up on defenceless girls.
    Hope you see my point.

Best.

Who ganged up on you?

(couldn't help myself)

Who ganged up on you?

(couldn't help myself)

Never implied myself.
    (I realize you can't)
    No hard feeling.

Only 11 more posts to go and this thread will turn into a 100 post thread - this is my last post (if I can resist) on this thread ... let's not allow this useless continuation reach the 100 post mark.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Robert,

No offence intended, however...

Lisa is here because she has been told she has to be here. She is representing and selling Nachi and as such her continued use of this forum is it appears for recruitment and marketing purposes.

The other purpose of Lisa here is to ensure Nachi receives hits on all those links we see in the replies. Its all about the hits.

None of the other players (associations) ply their wares here full of links.

If I spoke harshly to Lisa I apologize for doing so since I do not have the patience of a saint.

Best,
    Happy New Year!
    With all due respect, Lisa is very intelligent.
    I suspect she comes here on her own.
    Nick does not keep members or employees on a leash, nor does he have to.
    You should know that Raymond. Roy Cooke is very outspoken.

Lisa represents herself as a true professional and always has.
    Give credit where credit is due.

So you do not like marketing, things should be different, you wish you could make it better.
    All I can say is, give it a try and keep us posted.
    I'm pulling for you. We're all in this together. Just share.

I pointed this out before, and I will do so again. From the best of my recollection, >< 61 years on this earth, parents and students alike beat down the doors to have their sons, daughters or themselves educated by the best and are willing to paying the top dollar, or not, to be educated by the best.

Association memberships number reflect what they offer, or lack thereof.
    But when state and provincial governments recognise your education, standard of practice, and COE, and give it the stamp of approval for licensing, then I say that's good enough for me.

That is not fact nor proof, but evidence that InterNACHI is doing something right.

Happy New Year.
    All the Very Best as always.

Happy New Year.
    Without any reservations, I HOPE NOT.

It is notable that Lisa nor Nick make any posts on any other forums except their own.

With all due respect, Lisa is very intelligent.
    I suspect she comes here on her own.
    Nick does not keep members or employees on a leash, nor does he have to.
    You should know that Raymond. Roy Cooke is very outspoken.

Lisa represents herself as a true professional and always has.
    Give credit where credit is due.

Robert, regretfully, you seem to have the kool aid mentality on what "true professionalism" really means.

Your concept of "intelligence" seems to be greatly divergent than mine, again it may be that kool aid mentality at work that fogs your perceptions.

In an effort to take this worthless thread to the 100 post level.

I do ponder why Robert Y. and others that seem to put nachi on such an exalted pedestal of teaching, knowledge and professionalism; that they would bring their questions to this forum at all. how could us mere mortals be able to answer their questions? How could it be that we may have the answer that all of these free courses haven't provided?

From all of the nachi self aggrandizing that takes place I would think that they would feel abased in their association with this forum and its' members.

As I said, just a pondering thought.

Is there a prize for getting it to 100

LOL

It is notable that Lisa nor Nick make any posts on any other forums except their own.
    Is there a third? As of right now, InterNACHI's message board and InspectionNews are the two top forums:

#1: InterNACHI's message board: 1,572,899 posts made by 58,784 registered users.
    #2: InspectionNews: 230,503 posts made by 9,495 registered users.

I'd hate to think of how small #3 is.

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Mosiuk View Post

LOL
    What; no comment about all the Nacho bashing by others? But if this thread reaches critical mass maybe Nick will give you yet another free membership that you so desperately want and asked for on the Nacho forum.

LOL!

- - - Updated - - -

Is there a third? As of right now, InterNACHI's message board and InspectionNews are the two top forums:

#1: InterNACHI's message board: 1,572,899 posts made by 58,784 registered users.
    #2: InspectionNews: 230,503 posts made by 9,495 registered users.

I'd hate to think of how small #3 is.
    What; you don't have a link to send us to? Very disappointing. As Donald Trump would say, "you're fired!"

Last edited by Raymond Wand; 12-30-2016 at 04:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Sorrells View Post
    In an effort to take this worthless thread to the 100 post level.

I do ponder why Robert Y. and others that seem to put nachi on such an exalted pedestal of teaching, knowledge and professionalism; that they would bring their questions to this forum at all. how could us mere mortals be able to answer their questions? How could it be that we may have the answer that all of these free courses haven't provided?

From all of the nachi self aggrandizing that takes place I would think that they would feel abased in their association with this forum and its' members.

As I said, just a pondering thought.
    Nothing really to ponder. I think Robert is passionate about his membership that is very obvious. Nothing wrong with passion. Actually Robert has been subjected to many taunts on the Nachi forum, unruly behaviour, COE violations, et cetera. And like many before him subjected to kangaroo discipline in the form of taunts and bullying.

I believe he is here to escape that lack of professionalism shown constantly and condoned by others who are frankly lacking in leadership. We help him build his confidence and help him along his path of inspecting.

Thats one major professional item lacking in Nacho, the proper vetting of complaints, the enforcement of the forum rules and the COE which are window dressing, and no proper due process as afforded by other associations rather than a marketing company.

I bet Lisa has nothing to say on this aspect after all what can one say when you have no recourse to defend that which is blatantly obvious. Links are not going to help with lack of professionalism. But then when did a marketing company ever concern itself with actual professional ethics, all talk no beef on that aspect.

Only when the bullies are being exposed do they suddenly realize that the open forum is not the place to misbehave, better to act a fool behind closed doors.

Well I guess we should top out at 1000 pretty soon. Anyone else want a kick at the can?

Happy New Year to all those detractors who don't love Raymond!

I think Jerry mentioned getting to 100.

LOL
    There hasn't been one in the past. Maybe we should initiate one.

Ginzu Knife, Veg-O-Matic or Ronco GLH Hair-in-a-Can come to mind.

Of course there has to be some criteria about the value of the thread.

Nothing really to ponder. I think Robert is passionate about his membership that is very obvious. Nothing wrong with passion. Actually Robert has been subjected to many taunts on the Nachi forum, unruly behaviour, COE violations, et cetera. And like many before him subjected to kangaroo discipline in the form of taunts and bullying.

I believe he is here to escape that lack of professionalism shown constantly and condoned by others who are frankly lacking in leadership. We help him build his confidence and help him along his path of inspecting.
    If that is the case, then why does Robert so adamantly defend Nick'so company?

As Spock would say "Illogical."

As (I forgot who said this, maybe the robot who accompanied Will Robinson?): "Does not compute."

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Ray

Your BFF offered a free membership and I accepted it, never did receive it but did not expect to either.

Happy New Year

You really need to ask yourself, is joining an home inspection association really necessary? I don’t belong to one. I have been a member of an association, even went so far as to be Legislative chairman and ran for President. Turned out to be nothing but smoke and mirrors. In my honest opinion, if you really want to be a good inspector (not a realtor brown-noser working for $300 inspections) you need specific education in the building codes. And not “online” courses where you sit in the living room eating a sandwich while the computer runs.

I joined my local and state level building officials’association. Costs me $75 a year for complete membership. I also attend hands-on training in my states building code. Heads and tails over any education you get at a home inspection organization…..trust me, I know some of the home inspectors who are instructors in our state, most don’t even have a background in construction. They make it up as they go along and for some reason home inspectors think it’s fact…..puzzling.

My advice? Don’t join a home inspection association and get your training locally from building inspectors or via ICC inspection certs. Joining a home inspection association is wasted money if you ask me. $500 a year? Really? You can’t take the same courses over from year to year, although some have been caught doing it. Maybe if you need an inspection warrantee or guarantee,whatever it is, you shouldn’t be doing home inspections?

In our state the home inspection license is the easiest to attain, and we have inacho to thank for that. Now every Tom, Dick, and Harry who was a shoe maker last week is a licensed home inspector now. As I tell all new home inspectors “if you really want to make good money, lose your home inspections license as fast as you can”. I learned that the hard way. After spending some time in Tallahassee, I quickly found out how our profession is viewed…..they think we are idiots. As soon as you tell anyone that you are a licensed home inspector, they roll their eyes and get that glazed over “another idiot who thinks he knows everything” look.

Inacho is the lord of the flies, it supports an entire cottage industry of realtor brown-nosing inspectors who know little to nothing about actual building practices. It’s dragging the entire industry down the tubes faster than fat collects on Jack Osbourne’s ankles. While we are licensed individually, we are dragged down together as an industry by realtor referral inspectors.

Think your realtor recommends you because you “are the best in your area”? Double your prices and find out exactly where you stand. If you did half the work you are doing now, but at twice the price, would that be bad?Trust me, your realtor recommended you because they know how to impeach your reports when you are either not around or during the inspection.

The cost of a home inspection is dropping every day with no end in sight, and inacho can’t do anything to stop it because they promote it that way. Soon, a home inspector’s value will be next to zero. It’s already down to $150, with free insurance inspections, in Florida. The realtors are eating it up while we all pay the price…..and they can get “free CEU’s” too.

There’s only one way to separate yourself and it takes experience, effort, and training. You can’t get experience in building “online” and you can’t get effort “online”.

Last edited by Robert Sheppard; 12-30-2016 at 06:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    If that is the case, then why does Robert so adamantly defend Nick'so company?

As Spock would say "Illogical."

As (I forgot who said this, maybe the robot who accompanied Will Robinson?): "Does not compute."
    Are you kidding? Robert doesn't have a choice, if he agrees with anything said here, he will be taken to task for sedition on his home forum. They are not a nice bunch over there.

There maybe other reasons, but then again I am not Robert so who knows why he would defend a marketing company.

You really need to ask yourself, is joining an home inspection association really necessary? I don’t belong to one. I have been a member of an association, even went so far as to be Legislative chairman and ran for President. Turned out to be nothing but smoke and mirrors. In my honest opinion, if you really want to be a good inspector (not a realtor brown-noser working for $300 inspections) you need specific education in the building codes. And not “online” courses where you sit in the living room eating a sandwich while the computer runs.
    You are very astute and I agree. There are others avenues to becoming a home inspector. Unfortunately though, not everyone has free time at their disposal Examples, family, current job, and life.
    Let's not forget, becoming a home inspector is only one part of becoming a successful business. As well, how many business fail as startups within a three year period.
    Feel proud of your accomplishments. You are cut from a cloth many are not woven from nor have the ability of achieving. From my view, calling others forms of education or certifications not required or not advisable shows short sightedness from someone of your stature.

I joined my local and state level building officials’association. Costs me $75 a year for complete membership. I also attend hands-on training in my states building code. Heads and tails over any education you get at a home inspection organization…..trust me, I know some of the home inspectors who are instructors in our state, most don’t even have a background in construction. They make it up as they go along and for some reason home inspectors think it’s fact…..puzzling.
    Too bad.
    So sad.

My advice? Don’t join a home inspection association and get your training locally from building inspectors or via ICC inspection certs. Joining a home inspection association is wasted money if you ask me. $500 a year? Really? You can’t take the same courses over from year to year, although some have been caught doing it. Maybe if you need an inspection warrantee or guarantee,whatever it is, you shouldn’t be doing home inspections?
    Joining home inspection association offers value. You are correct saying you don't have to join a home inspection association but that is dependant upon time and what is offered in your area.

In our state the home inspection license is the easiest to attain, and we have inacho to thank for that. Now every Tom, Dick, and Harry who was a shoe maker last week is a licensed home inspector now. As I tell all new home inspectors “if you really want to make good money, lose your home inspections license as fast as you can”. I learned that the hard way. After spending some time in Tallahassee, I quickly found out how our profession is viewed…..they think we are idiots. As soon as you tell anyone that you are a licensed home inspector, they roll their eyes and get that glazed over “another idiot who thinks he knows everything” look.
    Why you blaming InterNACHI? Robert, please explain how did InterNACHI affected your state's licensing position and why you think InterNACHI educational platform is lacking.
    As well, how come ASHI did not achieve this goal?

Inacho is the lord of the flies, it supports an entire cottage industry of realtor brown-nosing inspectors who know little to nothing about actual building practices. It’s dragging the entire industry down the tubes faster than fat collects on Jack Osbourne’s ankles. While we are licensed individually, we are dragged down together as an industry by realtor referral inspectors.
    Why do you compare Lord of the Flies to InterNACHI? The premise of Lord of the Flies focuses on a group of boys stranded on an uninhabitable island. InterNACHI is not an island and the internet makes everyone accessible to it.
    Realtors is another story. REA referrals are dragging the industry down. There should be a state by state movement to lobby for an (APL) at arm's length principle to be established then legislated in the residential real estate industry. It would not affect homes being sold. What it would do is remove all chances for conflicts of interest. I can not understand why inspectors begrudge others. Be happy you achieved success.

Think your realtor recommends you because you “are the best in your area”? Double your prices and find out exactly where you stand. If you did half the work you are doing now, but at twice the price, would that be bad?Trust me, your realtor recommended you because they know how to impeach your reports when you are either not around or during the inspection.
    I agree.

The cost of a home inspection is dropping every day with no end in sight, and inacho can’t do anything to stop it because they promote it that way. Soon, a home inspector’s value will be next to zero. It’s already down to $150, with free insurance inspections, in Florida. The realtors are eating it up while we all pay the price…..and they can get “free CEU’s” too.
    I know home inspectors in FLA doing well charging $350.00 and more. That would be $500 Canadian dollars or metric money. The idea is to market your skills and experience. If you can't seal the deal then learn.

There’s only one way to separate yourself and it takes experience, effort, and training. You can’t get experience in building “online” and you can’t get effort “online”.
    That is a blanket statement. It depends upon the market. During buyers markets home inspectors do well. In a sellers markets the reverse happens. The market dictates the highs and lows in our industry.
    Robert, think of this, all home inspectors under one free trade association able to lobby our needs state by states and province by province.

Nick took on Home Safe when industry giants would not dare. I heard lots of rumors, speculation, to down right poor comments about Nick Gromicko. Never really paid attention. Better things to do cast doubt on someone that has treated me with respect.

As expressed, marketing is a way of life now.
    Think word of mouth will keep you alive in the internet age. Good luck. Keep us posted.

It is a pleasure meeting you.
    Health, happiness and peace to you and your family this new year, Robert.
    All the Best.
    Best.
    Robert

Last edited by ROBERT YOUNG; 12-30-2016 at 08:41 AM.

Ray

Your BFF offered a free membership and I accepted it, never did receive it but did not expect to either.

Happy New Year
    Pray tell what is BFF? I don't have a decoder ring.

Good commentary, but as an educator I would not categorize ALL online learning as being depicted by what you stated. For the record I taught for over 25 years as a Professor in the Ontario Post-Secondary College architecture and engineering programs. I also delivered online training for another College specifically recognized as advanced training for home inspectors.

As one example we (my business interest) deliver online home inspector training to meet the "regulatory" standard for the Province of BC. It requires approximately 1/3rd of the course hours to be directed by the instructor and simply not your suggested delivery system. Through a variety of face-to-face personal delivery modalities one can go well beyond the post it and access it delivery modality of educational training. I studied and deliver through a number of professional attributes where online training must be interactive and engaging. It may take more work initially to set up, but it also meet the needs to fulfill true online adult education.

On the other side I also have taken several of those "other" online courses and completed those "unproctored" exams and quickly received credit for doing so. So I cannot fully disagree with your comments. But certainly not all online training falls into that state of delivery.

Now on the issue of "code courses", I also believe that the code courses are beneficial. But on the other side code courses provide at least in my opinion the fundamental minimum building standards. As a home inspector we are not at least in most every part of Canada, afforded the power or authority to act as the code enforcer. Again even in our courses we talk about that difference and certainly the benefit of code knowledge. We all know that the role of home inspector and municipal building inspector has clear lines of delineation. Albeit we do share some things in common.

Just my POV, on your post. Again thanks for offering your feedback on this discussion!
    Cheers.....

You are very astute and I agree. There are others avenues to becoming a home inspector. Unfortunately though, not everyone has free time at their disposal Examples, family, current job, and life.
    Let's not forget, becoming a home inspector is only one part of becoming a successful business. As well, how many business fail as startups within a three year period.
    Feel proud of your accomplishments. You are cut from a cloth many are not woven from nor have the ability of achieving. From my view, calling others forms of education or certifications not required or not advisable shows short sightedness from someone of your stature.

Too bad.
    So sad.

Joining home inspection association offers value. You are correct saying you don't have to join a home inspection association but that is dependant upon time and what is offered in your area.

Why you blaming InterNACHI? Robert, please explain how did InterNACHI affected your state's licensing position and why you think InterNACHI educational platform is lacking.
    As well, how come ASHI did not achieve this goal?

Why do you compare Lord of the Flies to InterNACHI? The premise of Lord of the Flies focuses on a group of boys stranded on an uninhabitable island. InterNACHI is not an island and the internet makes everyone accessible to it.
    Realtors is another story. REA referrals are dragging the industry down. There should be a state by state movement to lobby for an (APL) at arm's length principle to be established then legislated in the residential real estate industry. It would not affect homes being sold. What it would do is remove all chances for conflicts of interest. I can not understand why inspectors begrudge others. Be happy you achieved success.

I agree.

I know home inspectors in FLA doing well charging $350.00 and more. That would be $500 Canadian dollars or metric money. The idea is to market your skills and experience. If you can't seal the deal then learn.

That is a blanket statement. It depends upon the market. During buyers markets home inspectors do well. In a sellers markets the reverse happens. The market dictates the highs and lows in our industry.
    Robert, think of this, all home inspectors under one free trade association able to lobby our needs state by states and province by province.

Nick took on Home Safe when industry giants would not dare. I heard lots of rumors, speculation, to down right poor comments about Nick Gromicko. Never really paid attention. Better things to do cast doubt on someone that has treated me with respect.

As expressed, marketing is a way of life now.
    Think word of mouth will keep you alive in the internet age. Good luck. Keep us posted.

It is a pleasure meeting you.
    Health, happiness and peace to you and your family this new year, Robert.
    All the Best.
    Best.
    Robert

“After a thorough review of the HomeSafe patents by our legal team, we came to the conclusion that the HomeSafe patents are, in fact, valid,” said Nick Gromicko, president of InterNACHI. “We can find no evidence of prior art that has not been reviewed by the patent office, and all six patents are approved and in good standing with the USPTO. Therefore, we reached out in good faith to HomeSafe and negotiated on behalf of our membership and found that HomeSafe was more than willing to develop a reasonable license package that would protect InterNACHI members. We are pleased that we have structured an agreement that will immediately protect our members.”

Koolaid tastes great......

Are you kidding? Robert doesn't have a choice, if he agrees with anything said here, he will be taken to task for sedition on his home forum. They are not a nice bunch over there.

There maybe other reasons, but then again I am not Robert so who knows why he would defend a marketing company.
    To be honest, Ray, Jerry, Garry, and members, its my choice.
    I am not saying everything is perfect, but I am satisfied.
    Good enough for me.

I am happy and will promote the association I am proud of belonging to when anyone passes disparaging remarks or attacks Lisa unfoundedly.

She brings up good points during her presentations.
    If you do not have anything credible to counter with, other than disparaging names, comments and accusations, who's dispensing the kool-aid that many here appear to be drinking at InterNACHI's InspectionNews website?
    All food for thought.

“After a thorough review of the HomeSafe patents by our legal team, we came to the conclusion that the HomeSafe patents are, in fact, valid,” said Nick Gromicko, president of InterNACHI. “We can find no evidence of prior art that has not been reviewed by the patent office, and all six patents are approved and in good standing with the USPTO. Therefore, we reached out in good faith to HomeSafe and negotiated on behalf of our membership and found that HomeSafe was more than willing to develop a reasonable license package that would protect InterNACHI members. We are pleased that we have structured an agreement that will immediately protect our members.”

Koolaid tastes great......
    Never tasted it to tell you the truth.

You know why InterNACHI is litigating Home Safe owner Kevin Sugden?
    Didn't think so.

I see you dispense the homemade product though, unless a settlement has been reached and the association members have not been informed...

Here is some free information. Free being the operative word.

InterNACHI is only going to settle if HomeSafe relinquishes the patents to InterNACHI. It is a condition of us dropping our lawsuits against the owner of HomeSafe (the Judge ruled that we were free to sue the owner personally).

I remember most of what transpired seeing I am a member in good standing and pay <$300 to renew yearly to which all becomes FREE after ten years.
    CD courses are 4,000 just to enter. Hmm.

After stripping away all the bla bla bla from Robert's post, I boiled it down to one lone piece of advice from him:

get your training locally from building inspectors or via ICC inspection certs.
    Really? ICC? Where in the world would I find ICC approved courses? Do you know who offers ICC courses?

Wait! I found the largest provider of ICC courses. They have more ICC courses than any other provider.

Here is a link to them: https://www.nachi.org/icc-safe-inter...al-courses.htm

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

After stripping away all the bla bla bla from Robert's post, I boiled it down to one lone piece of advice from him:

Really? ICC? Where in the world would I find ICC approved courses? Do you know who offers ICC courses?

Wait! I found the largest provider of ICC courses. They have more ICC courses than any other provider.

Here is a link to them: https://www.nachi.org/icc-safe-inter...al-courses.htm

No, these ICC certs: Certified Code Safety Professional Exams | ICC

Robert S.

The reason I remain a member of ASHI is because we are likely going to be licenced sometime in 2017. One requirement that may be relevant are those who are currently members in good standing with an association will be grandfathered.

Otherwise as I have stated numerous times, my client surveys indicate that my clients chose me not because of my affiliation with any association, but because of my reputation and experience.

Best,

Here you go all those of you who are to cheap to pay for your membership.

Lessening the profession one free membership at a time!

Home Inspection Report Software

FREE InterNACHI Membership or $1,500 off CMI Certification

Free InterNACHI ($499 value) membership* or $1,500 off CMI Certification with any Inspection Report purchase!**

The reason I remain a member of ASHI is because we are likely going to be licenced sometime in 2017. One requirement that may be relevant are those who are currently members in good standing with an association will be grandfathered.

Otherwise as I have stated numerous times, my client surveys indicate that my clients chose me not because of my affiliation with any association, but because of my reputation and experience.
    And the last Canadian province to adopt licensing was Alberta and they grandfathered all the Certified Master Inspectors (CMIs), not ASHI which has almost no presence in Canada. Looks like you picked the wrong horse.

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Robert, I'm pleased to see that you have so much respect for ICC-approved courses. InterNACHI offers 70 of them and InterNACHI is the largest provider of ICC-approved courses: https://www.nachi.org/icc-safe-inter...al-courses.htm

It appears you prefer the courses about code. You do realize that most defects found by home inspectors are on systems and components installed to code. For example, most plumbing leaks occur in plumbing that is up to code.

It's one thing to walk through new construction before it is occupied and before time, use, abuse and weather has taken its toll over many years. It's quite another to inspect a 40-year old home that has many issues unrelated to code.

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Better take a geography lesson I am not in Alberta, but Ontario. I wouldn't want to belong to half ass inspection marketing company, its beneath me, and InterNachi is not worthy.

The reason that CMI got approved in Alberta is because they (government) have to go with the minimum, lowest qualification, lowest denominator. That is not saying much in honour of Nacho.

OAHI represents ASHI in Ontario.

I give you credit for trying though.

The reason that CMI got approved in Alberta is because they (government) have
    CMI didn't just get approved... all Certified Master Inspectors (CMIs) got grandfathered for licensing.

Last edited by Lisa Endza; 12-30-2016 at 11:22 AM.
    Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Face it... InterNACHI is the most approved inspection course provider on earth:

Alabama Building Commission. Initial approval in 2004. Alabama Real Estate Commission. Initial approval in 2014. Alaska Department of Business and Professional Licensing. Initial approval in 2008. Alaska Real Estate Commission. Initial approval in 2013. Alberta Government, Service Alberta. Initial approval in 2012. American Association of Radon Scientists and Technologists (AARST). Initial approval in 2014. American Council for Accredited Certification (ACAC). Initial approval in 2011. Arkansas Home Inspector Registration Board. Initial approval in 2014. Association of Real Estate License Law Officials (ARELLO). Initial approval in 2014. Building Performance Institute (BPI). Initial approval in 2012. California Bureau of Real Estate. Initial approval 2014. California Department of Pesticide Regulation. Initial approval in 2009. Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA). Initial approval in 2015. City of Toledo. Initial approval in 2009. Clemson University. Initial approval in 2009. Colorado Department of Agriculture. Initial approval in 2009. Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies, Division of Real Estate. Initial approval in 2014. Connecticut Home Inspector Licensing Board. Initial approval in 2008. Delaware Board of Home Inspectors. Initial approval in 2013. Delaware Department of Agriculture. Initial approval in 2009. Delaware Real Estate Commission. Initial approval in 2013. Delaware State Housing Authority. Initial approval in 2007. District of Columbia Real Estate Commission. Initial approval in 2014. Dubai government. Initial approval in 2015. ENERGY STAR. Initial approval in 2012. EPA Indoor airPlus. Initial approval in 2012. Florida Construction Industries Licensing Board (CILB). Initial approval in 2011. Florida DBPR Mold-Related Services. Initial approval in 2012. Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR). Initial approval in 2009. Florida Department of Education Division of Rehabilitation. Initial approval in 2015. Florida Department of Financial Services. Initial approval in 2013. Georgia Department of Agriculture. Initial approval in 2009. Georgia Real Estate Commission. Initial approval in 2016. Hawaii Real Estate Branch, Professional and Vocational Licensing Division. Initial approval in 2015. Idaho Department of Agriculture. Initial approval in 2009. Idaho Real Estate Commission. Initial approval in 2016. Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation. Initial approval in 2012. Illinois Emergency Management Agency. Initial approval in 2016. Indiana Professional Licensing Agency. Initial approval in 2008. Indiana Real Estate Commission. Initial approval in 2016. International Code Council (ICC). Initial approval in 2015. International Distance Education Certification Center (IDECC). Initial approval in 2014. Iowa Department of Health. Initial approval in 2014. Iowa Real Estate Commission. Initial approval in 2015. Kansas Department of Health and Environment, Radiation Control Program. Initial approval in 2014. Kentucky Public Protection Cabinet Office of Occupations and Professions Board of Home Inspectors. Initial approval in 2009. Louisiana State Board of Home Inspectors. Initial approval in 2010. Maine Department of Agriculture, Food & Rural Resources. Initial approval in 2009. Maine Division of Environmental Health Radon Section. Initial approval in 2014. Maine Real Estate Commission. Initial approval in 2015. Maryland Department of Agriculture, Office of Plant Industries and Pest Management. Initial approval in 2009. Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation: Commission of Real Estate Appraisers, Appraisal Management Companies, and Home Inspectors. Initial approval in 2013. Massachusetts Division of Professional Licensure. Initial approval 2008. Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources. Initial approval in 2009. Massachusetts Health and Human Services. Initial approval in 2014. Michigan Department of Labor & Economic Growth. Initial approval in 2008. Michigan Department of Licensing & Regulatory Affairs (LARA). Initial approval in 2014. Michigan Governor's Office, Michigan Saves Program. Initial approval in 2014. Mississippi Home Inspector Board. Initial approval in 2008. Mississippi Real Estate Commission. Initial approval of 2013. Missouri Real Estate Commission. Initial approval in 2008. Montana Board of Realty Regulation. Initial approval in 2015. Montana Department of Labor and Industry, Business Standards Division. Initial approval in 2008. Mountain Metro Association of REALTORs. Initial approval in 2007. National Environmental Health Association (NEHA). Initial approval in 2010. National Radon Proficiency Program (NRPP). Initial approval in 2014. Nebraska Department of Public Health, Office of Environmental Health Hazards & Indoor Air. Initial approval in 2014. Nebraska Real Estate Commission. Initial approval in 2014. Nevada Department of Agriculture. Initial approval in 2009. Nevada Department of Health and Human Services. Initial approval in 2014. Nevada Real Estate Division. Initial approval in 2013. New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services (NHDES) Radon Program. Initial approval in 2014. New Hampshire Home Inspector Licensing Board. Initial approval in 2013. New Hampshire Real Estate Commission. Initial approval in 2013. New Jersey Office of the Attorney General, Home Inspection Advisory Committee. Initial approval in 2008. New Jersey Real Estate Commission. Initial approval in 2015. New Mexico Department of Agriculture. Initial approval in 2009. New York Department of State Division of Licensing Services. Initial approval in 2015. New York Division of Licensing. Initial approval in 2016. New Zealand Real Estate Agents Authority. Initial approval in 2014. North Carolina Real Estate Commission. Initial approval in 2014. North Carolina Home Inspector Licensing Board. Initial approval in 2014. North Dakota Real Estate Commission. Initial approval in 2014. North Dakota Secretary of State Home Inspector Program. Initial approval in 2006. OACIQ. Initial approval in 2015. Ohio Department of Agriculture. Initial approval in 2009. Ohio Department of Commerce, Division of Real Estate and Professional Licensing. Initial approval in 2014. Ohio Department of Health. Initial approval in 2014. Oklahoma Department of Agriculture. Initial approval in 2009. Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality Radon Program. Initial approval in 2014. Oklahoma Real Estate Commission. Initial approval in 2013. Oklahoma State Department of Health, Occupational Licensing Division, Construction Industries Board, Home Inspector Examiners. Initial approval in 2008. Oregon Construction Contractors Board. Initial approval in 2008. Oregon Department of Agriculture. Initial approval in 2009. Oregon Real Estate Commission. Initial approval in 2014. Owens Corning Roofing. Initial approval in 2013. Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture. Initial approval in 2014. Quebec Real Estate Brokerage Regulatory Organization. Initial approval in 2014. Rhode Island Department of Business Regulation. Initial approval in 2014. Rhode Island Department of Health. Initial approval in 2014. Rhode Island Division of Agriculture. Initial approval in 2014. South Carolina Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation, Residential Builders Commission. Initial approval in 2010. South Carolina Department of Pesticide Regulation. Initial approval in 2009. South Carolina Real Estate Commission. Initial approval in 2015. South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation, Real Estate Commission. Initial approval in 2008. South Dakota Real Estate Commission. Initial approval in 2014. Tennessee Department of Agriculture. Initial approval in 2009. Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance Division of Regulator Boards, Home Inspector Licensing Program. Initial approval in 2009. Tennessee Radon Program. Initial approval in 2014. Tennessee Real Estate Commission. Initial approval in 2014. Texas Professional Real Estate Inspectors Association (TPREIA). Initial approval in 2008. Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC). Initial approval in 2008. U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Initial approval in 2011. U.S. Department of Energy (DOE). Initial approval in 2013. U.S. Department of Energy Better Buildings Residential Network training provider. Initial approval in 2015. Utah Department of Agriculture. Initial approval in 2009. Utah Department of Commerce, Division of Real Estate. Initial approval in 2014. Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food & Markets. Initial approval in 2009. Vermont Department of Health. Initial approval in 2014. Vermont Office of Professional Regulation for Home Inspector Licensing. Initial approval in 2014. Virginia Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation, Board for Asbestos, Lead, Mold, and Home Inspectors. Initial approval in 2011. Virginia Housing Development Authority. Initially added in 2015 Washington Department of Licensing. Initial approval in 2010. Washington State Department of Agriculture. Initial approval in 2009. Washington State Department of Health. Initial approval in 2014. West Virginia Office of the State Fire Marshall. Initial approval in 2008. West Virginia Radiation, Toxics & Indoor Air Division. Initial approval in 2014. West Virginia Real Estate Commission. Initial approval in 2014. Wisconsin Department of Health Services. Initial approval in 2014. Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services. Initial approval in 2008. Wyoming Department of Agriculture. Initial approval in 2009. Wyoming Department of Health. Initial approval in 2014. Wyoming Real Estate Commission. Initial approval in 2015.

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

CMI didn't just get approved... all Certified Master Inspectors (CMIs) got grandfathered for licensing.
    Doesn't matter how many times I say it, Lisa. I even get one Alberta home inspector that was involved with the provincial licensing saying, "I do not know how that got done. Vern was not pushing the CMI. He was just trying to insure InterNACHI members sat at the table during regulation and licensing talks." It appeared at one point franchises were about to be the only way to be employed. Vern Mitchinson and the 13 Alberta InterNACHI members instituted change through hard work and bias as others dispensed koolaid.
    InterNACHI members did this of their own free will so the home inspection community could work independently and not have work in bondage through franchises.

Bloody koolaid pederalars been around since I became involved/an involved InterNACHI member, back in 2010. I watched and listened on MB as I shopped around for my third educator. InterNACHI seemed to have everything I wanted including "paid for ancillary courses." As well, I am the only Quebec member that paid for his CMI if I recall. Marcel Gratton maybe another. You will have to confirm that with/through him.

I do not begrudge any members that had won the CMI awarded freely. Why would I?
    Some are given the designation as an award for helping the association or the being a pillar in the inspection community as a whole. Bravo I say.
    They give free doctorates and other educational achievements all the time don't they?
    Free does not mean without substance. It means you have been recognised and that money is now yours to do as you wish.

When governments institute educational recognition, that is an achievement.
    Lisa, I sent in a request to have Vern Mitchinson recognised. I hope this does not go/get overlooked. See if you can look into this please. Vern is now retired but I will bring up his contribution every chance I get. Another of Vern's achievements, proctoring members through CMI's or through libraries or educational centers. A great InterNACHI member. InterNACHI use to get put down because of inline course tests. If someone wants to cheat in class they will.

All the best Lisa.
    PS: Tell Nick he does not have to send me my cheque for promoting InterNACHI on InpectionNews. Tell him to use the money to allow someone else to be a CMI.
    Gees Louse. Koolaid. What next?

Last edited by ROBERT YOUNG; 12-30-2016 at 12:23 PM.

Nick also credits Vern for that legislative success in Canada that grandfathered all the CMIs.

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Robert, I'm pleased to see that you have so much respect for ICC-approved courses. InterNACHI offers 70 of them and InterNACHI is the largest provider of ICC-approved courses: https://www.nachi.org/icc-safe-inter...al-courses.htm

It appears you prefer the courses about code. You do realize that most defects found by home inspectors are on systems and components installed to code. For example, most plumbing leaks occur in plumbing that is up to code.

It's one thing to walk through new construction before it is occupied and before time, use, abuse and weather has taken its toll over many years. It's quite another to inspect a 40-year old home that has many issues unrelated to code.

LOL.....you're doing it again. You know, that thing were you comment on something you are not qualified, trained, or educated to comment on.

There were no building codes in Florida in 1976? If you had the slightest idea what you were talking about you would know that Florida adopted the SBC as a uniform building code in 1974.....42 years ago.

Dade and Broward counties adopted a uniform building code (the countries first engineered building code), the South Florida Building Code, in 1957....59 years ago. I have copies of both if you need.

Who said anything about Florida? Again, regardless of what state or province you are in, most defects found on home inspections are not code violations. They are just stuff that wore out, blew off, broke, got damaged, leaked, or just got old. We live in a world where everything, even systems and components installed to code, get old and fail.

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Who said anything about Florida? Again, regardless of what state or province you are in, most defects found on home inspections are not code violations. They are just stuff that wore out, blew off, broke, got damaged, leaked, or just got old. We live in a world where everything, even systems and components installed to code, get old and fail.

You're doing it AGAIN.....

I would love to discuss home inspections with you, but as previously stated, you are not qualified.

It's nothing personal, I'm sure you're a canny lass, just not qualified to comment in the field of home inspections unfortunately.

Robert Y. wrote in part:
    They give free doctorates and other educational achievements all the time don't they?
    Free does not mean without substance. It means you have been recognised and that money is now yours to do as you wish.
    Background noise - car tires screeching.

Free doctorates are a courtesy designation, as such it's not a licence to practice medicine.

Ditto home inspector freebie licences. Many CMi's where given out with no conditions. Since no one other than the grantee knows the truth whether he/she is qualified or not the public is left with only marketing hype, and that is not an assurance of anything, legally speaking.

Background noise - car tires screeching yet again...
    Its also been disclosed that CMI doesn't have an audit process, this was confirmed by Nick himself.

Best,

Robert S.

You do realize you are not talking to a real PR person, right? More like the postal lady, who is only delivering the message.

Dealing with Lisa you will develop, if not already, a flat spot on your forehead from perpetually banging your head against a wall. This is not only because Lisa is told to post, but because she is an expert on ... well anything that she is trying to articulate. More links, more nothingness, more links...

It has been reported that not only is Lisa a PR director, but the person in charge of the Kool Aid water cooler. Personally I think she is taking more than the prescribed dose and has repeatedly shown that she has OD on it by her overuse of meaningless links and double talk. Typical for a comatose OD patient.

Now back to more links, spam and sausages.

Robert Y. wrote in part:

Background noise - car tires screeching.

Free doctorates are a courtesy designation, as such it's not a licence to practice medicine.

Ditto home inspector freebie licences. Many CMi's where given out with no conditions. Since no one other than the grantee knows the truth whether he/she is qualified or not the public is left with only marketing hype, and that is not an assurance of anything, legally speaking.

Background noise - car tires screeching yet again...
    Its also been disclosed that CMI doesn't have an audit process, this was confirmed by Nick himself.

Best,
    Never said they were.
    No twisting the words I wrote to suite your narrative, Ray. That's dispensing kool-aid to the thirsty want to believe.
    What they are is a recognition for achievements by a society, educator, group of third party community members, etc.

Let's look at Free Doctorate or doctorate program. (When a doctoral program indicates that they provide full funding to their PhD students, in most cases this means they provide each admitted student full tuition.)
    Does this mean their are not real doctors after? Please.

Now to be more precise, doctoral degree is an academic degree awarded by universities that is, in most countries, a research degree that qualifies the holder to teach at the university level in the degree's field, or to work in a specific profession.

Please, stop dispersing kool-aid throughout the crowd, Ray. Some might just believe and start to like it.
    Poor souls. Too bad, so sad.

Let's get to NACHI education.
    Worth the price of admission?
    What would any of you pay to be granted full use of a program that prepares you to be a successful business. This includes legal advice, marketing brochures, business cards. logo's, website building, SEO, and all the education you could ever need to be a home inspector.

As for Lisa. Its her job and she performs it well. Gees, wish I had the good fortune as I bet we all do if you wish to become a multi inspection firm.

Please, just one of you discredit what she has provided with evidence.
    I was going to use the word proof or facts but I felt I would keep the massage on tract.

I understand you do not like marketing or how the COE is conducted.
    Lets brush that aside until later.
    Verify what Lisa is saying is incorrect with evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Sorrells View Post
    I think Jerry mentioned getting to 100.

There hasn't been one in the past. Maybe we should initiate one.

Ginzu Knife, Veg-O-Matic or Ronco GLH Hair-in-a-Can come to mind.

Of course there has to be some criteria about the value of the thread.

Ray

Happy New Year

Congratulations to JIM MOSIUK for being the 100th person through the door to one of the most worthless thread discussions to come along in a long time.

Robert Y. posted in part:

Let's get to NACHI education.
    Worth the price of admission?
    Oh, just off the cuff, I think it would be worth $499. But; that would only be the reason for joining. And for the record I have never to my knowledge scoffed at education.

What would any of you pay to be granted full use of a program that prepares you to be a successful business. This includes legal advice, marketing brochures, business cards. logo's, website building, SEO, and all the education you could ever need to be a home inspector.
    Are you talking about a franchise home inspection deal? In that case I guess $40K+. Of course some probably maybe worth more due to their name, market share, profits, blah, blah. ..

As for Lisa. Its her job and she performs it well. Gees, wish I had the good fortune as I bet we all do if you wish to become a multi inspection firm.
    Please, just one of you discredit what she has provided with evidence.
    I was going to use the word proof or facts but I felt I would keep the massage on tract.
    Evidence? Links linking back to a marketing website are not evidence that anything Lisa says is correct. The spokesperson is paid spokesperson not versed in home inspections. She can't deviate from the companies PR strategies. That would be suicide. Hence she would be fired.

Every answer from Lisa is the same, subjective, repetitive, double talk. Tow the line, tow the line. Put those links in there. Thats part of the game Robert the links, the links....

I understand you do not like marketing or how the COE is conducted.
    Lets brush that aside until later.
    Yes lets talk about the discipline process (COE) or lack there-of. One of my favourite subjects.

Verify what Lisa is saying is incorrect with evidence.
    Okay; Lisa is incorrect about what she is posting. Just look at her responses. She provides more questions than answers. And no, links do not count as evidence given how we know things operate or don't operate due to the fact it's private company and you can't believe everything a marketing company tells ya, eh?

Anyway Robert you are a good sod, and I enjoy the banter.

And in my opinion, given your state in life, you don't need Nachi to make you successful. From what I read you are accomplished and your reputation should be able to carry you without the drama of your associations and its affiliates. YOU, are your best marketing tool.

Best to you in the new year!

And no, links do not count as evidence given how we know things operate or don't operate due to the fact it's private company
    What makes you think InterNACHI is a private company?

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Its not a membership driven society. I am not sure what you call it state side. Perhaps the term is the members do not have share capital, but also no bylaws, financials, et ceteras that would embody a true association.

Ray Wand writes:
    the members do not have share capital, but also no bylaws, financials, et ceteras that would embody a true association.
    the term is the members do not have share capital
    You couldn't be more wrong. Issuing shares would make it a for-profit company. InterNACHI never issued shares and isn't owned. It's a non-profit organization. Furthermore, it has also been granted federal tax exemption going all the way back to 2004. No other inspection association can claim that.

also no bylaws
    You couldn't be more wrong again. It not only has bylaws, it voluntarily publishes them publicly online.

financials
    You couldn't be more wrong again. It not only has financial statements but is the only inspection association that publishes them publicly online. No other inspection association publishes their 990s publicly. Only InterNACHI does.

Anyway, you are wrong on all three counts again.

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast