Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

Please post the links to bylaws and financials.

No voting rights for members got that. Check. And no right to appeals due to complaints. Got that. Check.

And how about the structure of the complaint process, and make up of that body and how external and internal complaints are dealt with?

Inspection Referral

Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

Please post the links to the tax exempt status, bylaws and financials.
    But I thought you said they don't exist?

Here they are: The International Association of Certified Home Inspector, Inc.'s (InterNACHI) annual tax exempt status. - InterNACHI

Last edited by Lisa Endza; 12-30-2016 at 05:50 PM.
    Lisa Endza
    Director of Communication
    InterNACHI

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post
    Robert Y. posted in part:

Oh, just off the cuff, I think it would be worth $499. But; that would only be the reason for joining. And for the record I have never to my knowledge scoffed at education.
    I have heard you say it is great educational platform.

Anyway Robert you are a good sod, and I enjoy the banter.

And in my opinion, given your state in life, you don't need Nachi to make you successful. From what I read you are accomplished and your reputation should be able to carry you without the drama of your associations and its affiliates. YOU, are your best marketing tool.

Best to you in the new year!
    Learned alot from you Raymond. I could not be prouder knowing you and Mr. Cooke.

As for marketing, I concur.
    I got some ideas that appear to work.
    You know me, I am shy and say little.

As well I give it everything I got. Clients deserve a real home inspection and not just minimum SoP.

Dam, when the yp.ca, Yellow pages, approached me to do an independent article, it damn near floored me. I still remember the editors words to this day. " If everything you are telling us is the truth, we will be happy to do it." 4 months later they called and I was being interviewed.

I still remember when the photographer came over to the home. I had not slept for days. Mother was acting up and we had been in the hospital several times that month. Gees Louise never knew how I got to work some days.
    I had not shaved, it looked like I combed my hair with an egg beater and he by passed the mess, took about 40 shots and want along his way.
    6 months later they ran the article.
    Never looked back since then.

Had lots of help from homies all over North America.
    David Snell from the Snell Experts not knowing me more than 6 months offered me a job few would say no to. Damn nice kind man.

Sure love this industry Ray. After 3.5 decades of repairing and building it sure takes a load off your mind.

Sure miss you at NACHI, but even I avoid the forums mostly and it looks like others are headed this way as well.

Happy New Years Everyone at InpectionNews.
    YOU'RE THE BEST!

Last edited by ROBERT YOUNG; 12-30-2016 at 06:19 PM.
    Robert Young's Montreal Home Inspection Services Inc.
    Call (514) 489-1887 or (514) 441-3732
    Our Motto; Putting information where you need it most, "In your hands.”

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Endza View Post
    Okay so your tax filing is public, but what about quarterly financial statements other than tax filings?

As to by-laws you haven't included any information so at this point they don't exist.

Also I gleaned this - Part 1 Summary - TO HELP ITS MEMBERS MAINTAIN
    INSPECTION EXCELLENCE THROUGH INFORMATION AND EDUCATION. Okay nothing about issuing certifications, but marketing and education.

3. Number of voting members of the governing body (Part VI, line 1a) 2 Only two voting members! Members don't get a vote period.

Part 3 4 A - THE TAXPAYER PUBLISHES NEWSLETTERS, THE PURPOSE OF WHICH IS TO EDUCATE
    HOME INSPECTORS ABOUT STANDARDS OF SAFETY, STRUCTURE AND IMPROVEMENT OF
    PROPERTY WITH REGARDS TO THE HOME INSPECTION INDUSTRY. Again nothing about issuing any kind of certifications.

More links I need more links.

Okay so your tax filing is public, but what about quarterly financial statements other than tax filings?
    We don't generate quarterly financial statements because we have no stockholders. Again, InterNACHI isn't owned. We do publish publicly our 990 annual statements.

As to by-laws you haven't included any information so at this point they don't exist.
    They are at the bottom of that page I gave you. Next to the last link from the bottom: The International Association of Certified Home Inspector, Inc.'s (InterNACHI) annual tax exempt status. - InterNACHI

Also I gleaned this - Part 1 Summary - TO HELP ITS MEMBERS MAINTAIN
    INSPECTION EXCELLENCE THROUGH INFORMATION AND EDUCATION. Okay nothing about issuing certifications, but marketing and education.
    Correct. As long as we do what we agree to do for our members, we are perfectly free to do more. If you agree to deliver someone a medium pizza, you are free to instead deliver a large pizza.

3. Number of voting members of the governing body (Part VI, line 1a) 2 Only two voting members! Members don't get a vote period.
    No, they don't. Home inspectors have a different skill set than what is needed to make decisions about governing an international trade association. Pro Bowl NFL players likely don't have the skill set necessary to operate a football stadium either. ASHI and NAHI had large governing boards full of home inspectors and it didn't work out very well for them, did it? Besides, every member votes every year with his/her feet and dues. Each year, we have to work hard to win that vote and those dues. InterNACHI is proud to have the highest renewal rate of any trade association (in any industry) in all of human history.

Part 3 4 A - THE TAXPAYER PUBLISHES NEWSLETTERS, THE PURPOSE OF WHICH IS TO EDUCATE HOME INSPECTORS ABOUT STANDARDS OF SAFETY, STRUCTURE AND IMPROVEMENT OF
    PROPERTY WITH REGARDS TO THE HOME INSPECTION INDUSTRY. Again nothing about issuing any kind of certifications.
    Correct. As long as we do what we agree to do for our members, we are perfectly free to do more. We certainly educate our members. We have hundreds of free courses: Free Inspector Training and Education Courses - InterNACHI approved by hundreds of government agencies: InterNACHI's inspection courses and exams are the most recognized, approved and accredited in the inspection industry. - InterNACHI And this year, we made Free Live, Online Classes for Home Inspectors free to all inspectors, not just members. So we definitely provide what we agreed to provide our members. So we're perfectly free to offer more if we choose. If you agree to deliver someone a medium pizza, you are free to instead deliver a large pizza.

InterNACHI essentially delivers each member an entire 24/7 pizza shop. I'm quite certain that these people: Good people working every day to help your inspection business succeed. - InterNACHI produce more each day than any member can consume.

More links I need more links.
    www.nachi.org/whats_new.htm has a lot of links describing what is going on at InterNACHI. www.nachi.org/benefits has a lot of links to our membership benefits.

Last edited by Lisa Endza; 12-30-2016 at 11:57 PM.
    Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Ha ha ha.
    Satisfied Ray?

Lisa, who are the directors?

Thanks Lisa,

Didn't see the by-law link cause I didn't go down to bottom of page - duh.

I see now what I suspected. The members have no say and no rights. The corporate by-laws are just that. Corporate provisions. Nothing in the by-laws protecting members rights only corporate governance. Nothing in there giving members anything. No rights, screw you, we will determine solely how things run and if you don't like it go join a proper functioning member driven professional association.

Since InterNachi is a marketing company, you are correct, members don't need rights. Professional associations are established for the good of the corporation and state what and how the biz is to be carried out, but also enshrine members in good standing to have certain rights.

Those by-laws do not enshrine any member rights, no policies. Every professional association I have been part of has a complete set of by-laws structured to ensure certain actions are carried out for the benefit of both members and the corporation, public facing ensuring the consumer is protected by the requirements for membership of the association.

Comparing members rights to voting with their membership doesn't quiet cut it. If they don't like what management says, 'too bad, quit'. While members have no rights the public can't be said to have any protection via the by-laws because there is no mention of rights and protection or what should transpire with complaints and how a discipline committee is set up and the rights and powers via bylaws to enact hearings, number of committee members, appeal process, et ceteras.

This explains exactly why members don't have any rights as to the management and conduct of the biz. Comparing the running of a professional association has nothing to do with the NFL.

Again it appears through your tax filings that things are run by two directors. Members have no rights again because Nachi is a marketing company, that is very, very clear.

Robert, you should never count the chicks before they hatch eh?

Thanks for the info Lisa. Wishing you a Happy New Year!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Mosiuk View Post
    Ray,

You bad mouth InterNachi every chance you can. Do you really think Nick is going to tell you anything?

OntarioAchi IS the Ontario chapter of InterNachi and operates with the full support of Nick and InterNachi

Do you really think Nick would allow OntarioAchi allow them advertise that they are InterNachi if they were not?

Merry Xmas

Jim Mosiuk
    Morning Jim.
    Hope you are in good spirits today.

I am going to make two points. It will wander a bit, but worth the read.

1: Your PHPIC Free Membership, verbal or otherwise.
    If you were promised something from PHPIC you should have brought it up with the sitting president. I would.
    Jim, if that member had the authority to allow free memberships to be passed out in the association to whom he/she sees fit, it does not show good faith on the association's behalf to renege such offers.
    That member can and should be held accountable either way. Dig in Jim.
    You appear to be a level headed sort. Dig in and email Allan Spisak.

PHPIC. I get monthly emails from the PHPIC association. I think Alan is doing good/great things with the association and appears to be a real/bonafide stand up guy. Much needed by the association by the way.
    Could not be happier.

Gilles Larin sat as interim PHPIC leader/president for a short time back in 2011 or 2012.
    I think the association's then sitting president, Gees Louise his name slips my mind!!!!, but I certainly know his questionable marketing tactics offended me as well as many and he would disappear when hard questions were being asked. Hmm? They appeared to have momentum going on there side back in 2011 while pushing the National Standard...
    That's another long story unto itself.

Anywho, Gilles Larin made a move to act as interim president with hopes of being full time president next election. I emailed Gilles and warned him in advance that dispersions maybe cast upon him because the association appeared to be in flux and whose shoes he appeared to be filling maybe tied to him.
    I did my part to only to see Gilles making a move 0ver the next few months to become "full time InterNACHI member" in 2011 after starting a Quebec chapter that remained members up until last year while he pushed forward to have InterNACHI provincially recognised through the regulatory body of real estate brokers, the OACIQ.

As you know, Gilles Larin won InterNACHI/Nick gromicko member of the year "yet almost every InterNACHI member that visits the MB regularly, about >< 100 or so members, does not know whom he is." Hmm?
    Oh well. I know whom I voted for.

2: Raymond disgruntled attitude with INACHI and dispensing kool-aid.
    Sorry Ray. I had to use the kool-aid analogy. As you know I can help myself unlike others.

Early days
    . Ray and Roy were boosting InterNACHI membership throughout Ontario. Yes Jim. They were talking to many about this new association. Both had seen how OAHI operates from within the association.
    Roy Cooke junior was acting president at one time. Roy and Ray are best of friends and it does not get closer than that.

The deal: It has to deal with the association ethics rules, or lack thereof, the defined ethics structure, and the associations, ESOP committee chair/cofounder, if still, Joe Farsetta.

The Sting: Roy and Ray were falsely (put on suspension) by a kangaroo court.
    Nick is now in charge.

Roy Cooke never wavered throughout turbulent times.
    Ray bailed and did not fight to get back in as he should have.

Ray believes the ESOP committee and the committee chair did not act responsibly.
    Roy can back this up knowing they both had done nothing wrong.
    I was not there at that time but know the ESOP chair was then very bias and used coarse rude language many times. I think it is his working within the commercial construction industry, but that is no excuse.

When I arrive: In March 2010 Roy was being piled on by every destructive member at InterNACHI, about 12 to 15 in all back then, every time he went to the MB. They brought friends.
    I was just posting and answering threads. I came to Mr. Roy Cooke's defence right away. I was wondering, "what the hell this poor guy getting an ass whooping for all the time." He acted in good faith, proved himself over and over, time and time again, acted as a professional every time, did not use foul language, was factual, outwitted & outmaneuvered those halfwits cohorts, yes bloody halfwits, every time, which made them even more volatile.
    Very credible, very ethical man. damn proud to know him and that he reached out to me. Could not be more proud!

Ray made several return appearances but did not stand his ground. I helped when I could, as did Roy Cooke, but man it not easy and I know full well. ray should have moved in slowly and stayed away from the MB with his eyes fixed sitting on and becoming a committee chair where he could do the most good.

We (3) have been friends ever since. Best choice in friends I have ever made as a new kid on the block!
    More to it than that Jim but that's the short version of the Ray, Roy & Robert story in a nutshell. The condensed version.

Pretty good summary Ray?

I tells it as I sees it. That's my take on it anyway.

As for kool-aid. Seen the sponsors and dispensers every since I joined InterNACHI. The thing they can't understand, Math Does Not Lie, the real numbers, and resistance is futile.

All the best in the new year, Jim.
    You never know Jim, I might be filling a vacant position at OntioACHI and be able to dispel you officially.
    Always best to be on the my good side. Ha ha ha.
    Gilles knows what I mean.

Last edited by ROBERT YOUNG; 12-31-2016 at 06:57 AM. Reason: Sorry for the edits all.

Robert, I'm pleased to see that you have so much respect for ICC-approved courses. InterNACHI offers 70 of them and InterNACHI is the largest provider of ICC-approved courses: https://www.nachi.org/icc-safe-inter...al-courses.htm

It appears you prefer the courses about code. You do realize that most defects found by home inspectors are on systems and components installed to code. For example, most plumbing leaks occur in plumbing that is up to code.

It's one thing to walk through new construction before it is occupied and before time, use, abuse and weather has taken its toll over many years. It's quite another to inspect a 40-year old home that has many issues unrelated to code.

The American Wood Council offers 71 ICC approved courses and are a "ICC Preferred Education Provider". I don't even see inacho listed as a Preferred Provider (ASHI is listed though).......you can access it here: Scheduled Courses

Click on the dropdown box "select provider".

Last edited by Robert Sheppard; 12-31-2016 at 07:47 AM.

We don't generate quarterly financial statements because we have no stockholders. Again, InterNACHI isn't owned. We do publish publicly our 990 annual statements.

They are at the bottom of that page I gave you. Next to the last link from the bottom: The International Association of Certified Home Inspector, Inc.'s (InterNACHI) annual tax exempt status. - InterNACHI

Correct. As long as we do what we agree to do for our members, we are perfectly free to do more. If you agree to deliver someone a medium pizza, you are free to instead deliver a large pizza.

No, they don't. Home inspectors have a different skill set than what is needed to make decisions about governing an international trade association. Pro Bowl NFL players likely don't have the skill set necessary to operate a football stadium either. ASHI and NAHI had large governing boards full of home inspectors and it didn't work out very well for them, did it? Besides, every member votes every year with his/her feet and dues. Each year, we have to work hard to win that vote and those dues. InterNACHI is proud to have the highest renewal rate of any trade association (in any industry) in all of human history.

Correct. As long as we do what we agree to do for our members, we are perfectly free to do more. We certainly educate our members. We have hundreds of free courses: Free Inspector Training and Education Courses - InterNACHI approved by hundreds of government agencies: InterNACHI's inspection courses and exams are the most recognized, approved and accredited in the inspection industry. - InterNACHI And this year, we made Free Live, Online Classes for Home Inspectors free to all inspectors, not just members. So we definitely provide what we agreed to provide our members. So we're perfectly free to offer more if we choose. If you agree to deliver someone a medium pizza, you are free to instead deliver a large pizza.

InterNACHI essentially delivers each member an entire 24/7 pizza shop. I'm quite certain that these people: Good people working every day to help your inspection business succeed. - InterNACHI produce more each day than any member can consume.

www.nachi.org/whats_new.htm has a lot of links describing what is going on at InterNACHI. www.nachi.org/benefits has a lot of links to our membership benefits.

That's not completely accurate.......there have been many ex-players who are now and have been actual team owners. Here's a list:

Mike Illitch
    Jerry Richardson
    Dale Hunter
    Venus & Serena Williams
    Warrick Dunn
    Oscar De La Hoya
    LeBron James
    Mario Lemieux
    Nolan Ryan
    Michael Jordan
    Magic Johnson

Skillset is subjective and dependent on the individual in question. Case in point, can you name how many actors are verifiable geniuses with an IQ above 135? Using statistics that are based on non-verifiable information is both irresponsible and unprofessional.

As I have said, you are commenting in a field that you are neither qualified or educated to comment on. It's nothing personal, just a fact.

Last edited by Robert Sheppard; 12-31-2016 at 06:51 AM.

Robert, I'm pleased to see that you have so much respect for ICC-approved courses. InterNACHI offers 70 of them and InterNACHI is the largest provider of ICC-approved courses: https://www.nachi.org/icc-safe-inter...al-courses.htm

It appears you prefer the courses about code. You do realize that most defects found by home inspectors are on systems and components installed to code. For example, most plumbing leaks occur in plumbing that is up to code.

It's one thing to walk through new construction before it is occupied and before time, use, abuse and weather has taken its toll over many years. It's quite another to inspect a 40-year old home that has many issues unrelated to code.
    Did you come to this conclusion based on your extensive experience as a home inspector, or did you just make it up? I can tell you this, over 98% of the defects I find, no matter the age of the home, can be directly attributed to an installation that was either originally or currently not to code. The other 2% is typically service life related......

Would 98% be considered "most"?

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Sheppard View Post
    Did you come to this conclusion based on your extensive experience as a home inspector, or did you just make it up? I can tell you this, over 98% of the defects I find, no matter the age of the home, can be directly attributed to an installation that was either originally or currently not to code. The other 2% is typically service life related......

Would 98% be considered "most"?
    Now to be fair Robert, you admitted you were not a home inspector per say.
    Let's compare apples to apples, shall we?

Give Lisa time to comb her lovely hair, get something to eat, and check in with the office.
    She will answer all your questions.
    By the looks of things you are chomping at the bit to be proven wrong again, but I could be wrong saying that.

I will peak in every now and then to see what transpires between you two and see who dispenses kool-aid, and whom provides facts.

All the best.

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT YOUNG View Post
    Now to be fair Robert, you admitted you were not a home inspector per say.
    Let's compare apples to apples, shall we?

Give Lisa time to comb her lovely hair, get something to eat, and check in with the office.
    She will answer all your questions.
    By the looks of things you are chomping at the bit to be proven wrong again, but I could be wrong saying that.

I will peak in every now and then to see what transpires between you two and see who dispenses kool-aid, and whom provides facts.

All the best.

I'm a licensed Home inspector......seems like you pull your facts from the same apple tree Lisa does.

I'm a licensed Home inspector......seems like you pull your facts from the same apple tree Lisa does.
    Gees Louise. Do you ever stop?
    Oh that right, you openly admitted you can't help yourself.
    No worries.

Well Robert, if I am wrong I will admit it. I make mistakes. But I thought I read were you told Lisa you were not a home inspector.

I will review the string and be back.

Best.

Just because you are a "licensed home inspector" does not mean you inspect home for a living per say.
    As well, you post to Lisa staes, "Robert Sheppard replied to a thread Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI? in Associations, Ethics, Standards, Licensing, Legislation:Home Inspectors & Commercial InspectorsI hate to state the obvious here, but you do realize you're having a discussion with someone who knows nothing about Home Inspections, is not a..."

Yes. I recognize you even though we have not meet.
    Aren't you one of those idealist home inspectors dispensing kool-aid that loves using those hand picked narratives, while some may agree others not?

Going back to the financials and giving time for Lisa to comb hair, do nails, pick out clothes for the day and not to mention like most women a nice pair of shoes .... and matching purse, with matching change purse/wallet, and some trinket jewelry and some nice cologne. Oh and not us not forget she still has to do the other chores associated with women, you know cooking, cleaning those pesky domestic chores...

I see that Ms. L. has a 40 hour work week and remunerated very well. Guess Lisa will be billing overtime considering how much time it takes to post link backs, and pulling all the info and putting correct spin on the information. I think she should be getting at minimum time and a half $.

Happy New Year!

The devil made me do it.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Last edited by Raymond Wand; 12-31-2016 at 07:24 AM.

I guess that depends on what your definition of success is? Inacho is the largest "trade association" now? ASHI has been around since 1976, 14 years before inacho was even a thought, and they maintained the largest membership for how many years before inacho?

Exactly how many years have you been the largest "trade association"?

As for your membership renewal rate, I personally know of 5 individuals that actually had to request to be removed from your membership.......they NEVER paid to renew. Are these non-paying "members" part of that figure? I bet they are.

And to finish, you are aware that their are many other trade associations? For example, the NAHB is listed as a "trade association with over 140,000 members". How many members does inacho have again....remind me.....?

Last edited by Robert Sheppard; 12-31-2016 at 08:05 AM.

Just because you are a "licensed home inspector" does not mean you inspect home for a living per say.
    As well, you post to Lisa staes, "Robert Sheppard replied to a thread Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI? in Associations, Ethics, Standards, Licensing, Legislation:Home Inspectors & Commercial InspectorsI hate to state the obvious here, but you do realize you're having a discussion with someone who knows nothing about Home Inspections, is not a..."

Yes. I recognize you even though we have not meet.
    Aren't you one of those idealist home inspectors dispensing kool-aid that loves using those hand picked narratives, while some may agree others not?

Naaaa, I'm just a Home Inspector with an actual background in construction......33 years. But I understand your thought process.....kinda.

I'm just a Home Inspector, plain and simple. I'm "idealist" to those who can't defend themselves with facts and verifiable information......that's something you get from years of being in the construction industry and actually building homes.

There are many of us, more than you think. An entire subculture of Home inspectors who are actually experts in the field.....court verified experts.

Without even knowing it, you have had a conversation with one of the best Home Inspectors in the world right here on this very forum.....would you know who?

[QUOTE=Raymond Wand;271046]Going back to the financials and giving time for Lisa to comb hair, do nails, pick out clothes for the day and not to mention like most women a nice pair of shoes .... and matching purse, with matching change purse/wallet, and some trinket jewelry and some nice cologne. Oh and not us not forget she still has to do the other chores associated with women, you know cooking, cleaning those pesky domestic chores...

Ray, In poor taste.

Let's compare business strategies on a presidential level.

I see/invision InterNACHI marketing professional, Lisa, as personally hand picked women able to make decisions on the association's behalf.

What I enjoy, InterNACHI EMPLOYEES. Diversified by gender, race and creed.
    All professionals excelling at what they do.

Look at Trumps team. The best of the swamp. Older white males many of which caused the financial meltdown and trickle down economics...

I see that Ms. L. has a 40 hour work week and remunerated very well. Guess Lisa will be billing overtime considering how much time it takes to post link backs, and pulling all the info and putting correct spin on the information. I think she should be getting at minimum time and a half $.

Happy New Year!

The devil made me do it.
    I know.

PS: I think she is awarded handsomely for any work above and beyond.
    Nick is well known for treating employees with respect.
    Many have been awarded graciously.
    Criss the brains behind InterNACHI's IT for one. Joe Farsetta another.
    Nick's good friend Nathan Thornberry another.

Raymond, that's not like you. You enjoy using facts.

Mr. Young (less tobe confused with the Roberts)
    Kinda hate to break into your love fest, but still a pondering.

Would you say that you are a product of the nachi training system/offerings ?

[QUOTE=ROBERT YOUNG;271049]
    Going back to the financials and giving time for Lisa to comb hair, do nails, pick out clothes for the day and not to mention like most women a nice pair of shoes .... and matching purse, with matching change purse/wallet, and some trinket jewelry and some nice cologne. Oh and not us not forget she still has to do the other chores associated with women, you know cooking, cleaning those pesky domestic chores... .......

My my in this new age world of being politically and socially correct your statement would be determined as very condescending...... I think the Human Relations Department wants to have a talk with you.

[QUOTE=Garry Sorrells;271051]

My my in this new age world of being politically and socially correct your statement would be determined as very condescending...... I think the Human Relations Department wants to have a talk with you.
    Ha ha ha.
    Bravo.

Only the best of Health, Happiness and Peace to you and yours.
    Robert

Robert,

Those figures for salary I took from the financials. We know Ms. L. is here 24/7, personally I would be asking for Nick to increase her salary, with quarterly dividends, bonus, and hardship pay for putting up with the likes of me and a few others.

Thats the problem today, everyone is politically correct, doesn't have a sense of homour and take anything meant as fun as an insult.

Is it politically correct to wish everyone a happy new year or would it be politically un-correct to those who are not having a happy new year or who wish to not have a happy new year? That is the question.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Last edited by Raymond Wand; 12-31-2016 at 08:39 AM.

[QUOTE=ROBERT YOUNG;271055]
    Naaaa, I'm just a Home Inspector with an actual background in construction......33 years. But I understand your thought process.....kinda.

Happy you do. I am still trying to figure it all out for myself. Ha ha ha...

My take on it, you were presented opportunity, working construction as a professional, and did so as a professional. So happy everything worked out. Individuals like yourself are assets to the industry.

Some are forced to work with/for companies that do not have the client's or employer's best interest in mind until some else comes along.

Must be very rewarding. Feel proud to be privileged.
    The interaction between defendant and plaintiff orchestrated for the courts would be truly a dream come true for someone like myself.
    Been there several times and was unprepared at first.
    If you have any links as to where I can obtain information or training I would be greatful.
    All the best, Robert.

Robert, in all fairness, colleagues were to discus, ASHI VS InterNACHI.
    I think the conversation should have been steered on comparatives. Not trying to demote Lisa's message.
    She offered her evidence. It would have been nice to see comparative examples.

As for you stating I have just conversed with, "one of the best Home Inspectors in the world."
    We are judged by our peers.
    To further that thought, and having only meet you on this MB, I hope the rest of the court experts conduct themselves professionally on open MB. Be a shame if they acted as you have.
    I think it would be wise to apologize to Lisa to retain your good name. Nothing wrong telling someone you are sorry.

Happy New Year.
    Wishing you only the best.
    Robert Young. 3.5 decades in residential and commercial building and restriction trades. Most trade facets.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In collaboration with, would be more defining, Garry. I have educated with other home inspection educators and work the trades over 3.5 decades, including my own "small" exterior maintenance company.
    I used the term "maintenance" to avoid government interference and tax grabbing but paid men union scale by cheque with everyone in the books and worked with hydro, natural gas and submitted and had pains to municipalities for approval. I did everything by the book.

Happy New Years!
    Only the best to you and yours!
    Robert

Are you for real?

Is it April 1st yet...........?

[QUOTE=Robert Sheppard;271056]

Are you for real?

Is it April 1st yet...........?
    One thing I like about pompous individuals,Hmmm...I will tell you when it comes to me.

Best In The world.
    Is it April 1st yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?
    Does anyone have any comparisons besides Lisa?
    A simple yes or no will do.

Robert Sheppard wrote in part:

Without even knowing it, you have had a conversation with one of the best Home Inspectors in the world right here on this very forum.....would you know who?
    Robert you da man! Glad you came on this forum, its always enlightening to read objective thinking! Not many of us here that are actual home inspectors with court recognition as experts in construction and/or home inspections. What a breath of fresh air. Critical thinking, not taking everything construed to be accurate as accurate. Bravo!

Would you happen to know if the courts state side recognize home inspectors as experts who have InterNachi qualifications as opposed to an inspector with ASHI membership since qualifications for entry are vastly different?

Thank you.

Happy New Year!

[QUOTE=ROBERT YOUNG;271057]

One thing I like about pompous individuals,Hmmm...I will tell you when it comes to me.

Best In The world.
    Is it April 1st yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?
    Does anyone have any comparisons besides Lisa?
    A simple yes or no will do.

I can offer you both this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceS_jkKjIgo

Robert you da man! Glad you came on this forum, its always enlightening to read objective thinking! Not many of us here that are actual home inspectors with court recognition as experts in construction and/or home inspections. What a breath of fresh air. Critical thinking, not taking everything construed to be accurate as accurate. Bravo!

Would you happen to know if the courts state side recognize home inspectors as experts who have InterNachi qualifications as opposed to an inspector with ASHI membership since qualifications for entry are vastly different?

Thank you.

Happy New Year!

No idea....but I do know that there was a recent forum topic on the inachi site that stated home inspectors are generalists and not experts......funny stuff.

The "expert" moniker is specific to each case, you must first be deemed an expert in that specific case. It's not what you think, lots of sitting and waiting followed by intense scrutiny that is often times both insulting and demeaning. But that's the game....

If you do not have a background in construction....don't even attempt it. I have had contractors and engineers refuted and even thrown out of the courtroom, and I only have a Home Inspectors license.

Thank you.

Happy New Year!
    Raymond. I am confused why such an critical thinker and expert witness for the courts would allow himself to be personally critiqued on an open message board.

As well, I have seen BOD act better in public, Claude Lawrence for one, and think more objectively while being rational and without emotion... Hmm?

1: Objective opinion: intent upon or dealing with things, external to the mind, rather than with thoughts or feelings, as a person or a book.
    2: Objectivity means staying in touch with the facts.

Hope that helps.
    Best.

Raymond. I am confused why such an critical thinker and expert witness for the courts would allow himself to be personally critiqued on an open message board.

As well, I have seen BOD act better in public, Claude Lawrence for one, and think more objectively while being rational and without emotion... Hmm?

1: Objective opinion: intent upon or dealing with things, external to the mind, rather than with thoughts or feelings, as a person or a book.

Hope that helps.
    Best.
    You know what offends me the most?

People who present themselves as qualified to comment on a particular subject matter who have absolutely ZERO experience or education in the field to which they are commenting or offering an opinion. I liken them to unlicensed contractors.

Wouldn't they be the same? Would you report a person who was presenting themselves in your area as qualified to offer a service or opinion when they in fact are not licensed to do so? Yes? Of course you would.

But set up a public platform for that very same scenario and....poof....no credentials needed, just say it and it's fact.

As an industry, we all have a direct effect on how we are perceived. All of us. And it insults the entire profession, and demeans licensed professionals, when someone who is neither qualified or educated to do so offer advice or commentary about the profession. It reflect on us ALL!

I spent 33 years getting to where I am now.....33 years learning, building, teaching, and employing others in the industry. Now I get to come here and listen to a non-qualified individual tell me what is and isn't a successful home inspection business? Really?

I don't think so......nobody made Lisa comment here, she choose so of her own free will. She should have understood her position a little better before offering licensed professionals advice. That's just being professionally courteous and respectful.

I haven't seen that yet, have you?

Hope that helps.
    Best.
    Robert,

How am I being critiqued? I am asking questions of information posted that raises more questions.

Having read all of Robert Sheppards comment you might also want to ask him about his critiques and response to Lisa.

Thus far I think this forum has been very civil with a generous amount of humour thrown in to ensure its not what you seem to think it is. I see nothing I have posted that would be held against me in future legal matters. If you know something I don't please share, since you have been around awhile and I respect your comments.

I'll tout my own horn here, something I don't like to do, but I have never ever experienced defeat in assisting those who come to me for help vis-a-vis being drawn into a law suit. The last one was a home inspector with WETT certification, wherein a fire resulted in the house burning down. The inspector was named as a party in the suit as having been negligent in carrying out his duties. The report was prepared for the first party and was fully documented on findings and limitations. Subsequent purchasers came along, and relied on the report. The house burned down, no fault of the inspector but we know how a shot gun approach works.

Subsequently the inspector came to me seeking guidance. I coached him and helped him write and put together his defence statement to the claim.

Inspector went to pre-discovery wherein there were other parties named in the suit including the title company, the realestate agent, the previous home owners, and the WETT inspector and their lawyers.

Upon presentation of the defences statement all indexed and tabbed in a binder the lawyers look it all over. They asked who helped him with his statement. He explained to the parties. At which point they called a recess. The lawyers came back into the room and expounded how well the defence statement was written and presented and where most impressed. Upon saying this the lawyers all agreed right then and there the inspector should be dropped from the suit.

There have been other instances where others have sought my help. This includes home owners and and inspectors and one case dealing with Construction Lien Act. I have succeed in defeating those suits as well by quoting case law and other info I have gleaned through extensive reading and experience from a previous life dealing with the courts. All those were settled out of court favouring my clients with the exception of the Construction Lien which went to court and the contractor had his amount owing reduced and the homeowner had their amounts reduced. I would say I have a very good success rate.

Best,

PS. I was saddened to learn that an individual on your home forum wished I would die along with someone else. But I let sleeping dogs be.

No idea....but I do know that there was a recent forum topic on the inachi site that stated home inspectors are generalists and not experts......funny stuff.

The "expert" moniker is specific to each case, you must first be deemed an expert in that specific case. It's not what you think, lots of sitting and waiting followed by intense scrutiny that is often times both insulting and demeaning. But that's the game....

If you do not have a background in construction....don't even attempt it. I have had contractors and engineers refuted and even thrown out of the courtroom, and I only have a Home Inspectors license.

Honest answer.
    Refreshing.

To bad you expertise is dishing out poor information on associations.
    I highly recommend them and so do provinces.

From InterNACHI: Are you an inspector who wants to expand his business by giving testimony in court cases as an expert witness? Put your expertise to use and get paid for it. Click here to read “Inspectors as Expert Witnesses.”

RAYMOND, Guessing is not the best way to inform oneself. InterNACHI offers inspectors a lot of ancillary services. Did I mention they are free?

I have been expert witness on 2 occasions. Been in the courts 6 times as expert or witness.
    As expressed, I was not prepared the first time by providing the courts with my CV and work related background when being presented as expert witness.
    The first question asked by the opposing legal team is, "are you an engineer, what expertise do you have pertaining to this case?"

Two weeks ago a past client from 3 years suing the vendor.
    I was called as witness. My testimony ended what could have been several more days in court as expressed by the judge as she wrapped up the case to my clients surprise.

I agree it is challenging, but if you are prepared in that specific field or component, it can be an enjoyable learning experience. It's like a good game of chess or bridge so to speak and the lawyer must pay attention.

As for refuting contractors or engineers, they did not come prepared and again it is topic specific. Anyone can make a mistake by commenting on something haphazardly because they think their title will win over the courts. It does not work that way most times. Be prepared to sharpen your pencil by doing research.

Best.

Last edited by ROBERT YOUNG; 12-31-2016 at 10:20 AM.

Robert Sheppard,

Thank you for the link. Thank you. Thank you. How true. Love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceS_jkKjIgo

To both Roberts

For your delectation from a Canadian court pov. Expert Witness

CanLII - 2013 ONSC 6989 (CanLII)

Thank you Raymond.
    I will review Deputy Judge Lyon Gilbert long trial and take notes.

Raymond, Robert and InspectionNews colleagues.
    Please excuse me if I misread or misunderstood posts.

Happy New Year's.
    All The very Best.
    Robert

Robert,

If you apologize one more time, I'm going to slap you silly with a wet noodle. ha ha.

Best of the New Year!

ICC Preferred Education Provider". I don't even see inacho listed as a Preferred Provider
    Well, that never stopped me from proving you wrong. See attached screenshot:
    Screen Shot 2016-12-31 at 10.47.43 AM.jpg
    Also, go here: https://www.nachi.org/icc-safe-inter...al-courses.htm

- - - Updated - - -

Inacho is the largest "trade association" now?
    Has been for years. We're obviously talking home inspection trade associations.

NAHB is listed as a "trade association
    NAHB is not an inspection trade association.

How many members does inacho have again....remind me.....?
    Our membership numbers aren't touched by human hands anymore and haven't been for years. If you become a due-paying member you are added to this chart instantly. It updates in live-time. If you stop paying your dues, you are automatically removed from InterNACHI's membership by the computer systems and you are subtracted from this chart instantly. Again, it updates in live-time. InterNACHI Membership Stats - InterNACHI

InterNACHI has about 17,000 North American members.

Here is an interactive cluster map to see generally where they are located: https://www.nachi.org/clustered-map.htm

ASHI has been around since 1976, 14 years before inacho was even a thought, and they maintained the largest membership for how many years before inacho?
    I don't know. And I don't know what it feels like to have a 14-year head start in a race and still lose. It must feel pretty horrible I would imagine.

Exactly how many years have you been the largest "trade association"?
    At least 3 years according to ASHI. I'm just going off of what ASHI's own legal counsel says in this letter:

https://www.nachi.org/documents2012/InterNACHI-largest-inspection-association.pdf

giving time for Lisa to comb hair, do nails, pick out clothes for the day and not to mention like most women a nice pair of shoes .... and matching purse, with matching change purse/wallet, and some trinket jewelry and some nice cologne. Oh and not us not forget she still has to do the other chores associated with women, you know cooking, cleaning those pesky domestic chores...
    And between "doing my nails" and "other chores associated with women" I proved you wrong on all counts... publicly. You know we women are good at multitasking.

Last edited by Lisa Endza; 12-31-2016 at 11:14 AM.
    Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

That does say "in any industry", does it not? It also says "any trade association"......not "home inspection" trade association.

Yes?

- - - Updated - - -

Our membership numbers aren't touched by human hands anymore and haven't been for years. If you become a due-paying member you are added to this chart instantly. It updates in live-time. If you stop paying your dues, you are automatically removed from InterNACHI's membership by the computer systems and you are subtracted from this chart instantly. Again, it updates in live-time. InterNACHI Membership Stats - InterNACHI

Here is an interactive cluster map to see generally where they are located: https://www.nachi.org/clustered-map.htm

I don't know. And I don't know what it feels like to have a 14-year head start in a race and still lose. It must feel pretty horrible I would imagine.

At least 3 years according to ASHI. I'm just going off of what ASHI's own legal counsel says in this letter:

https://www.nachi.org/documents2012/InterNACHI-largest-inspection-association.pdf

[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]And between "doing my nails" and "other chores associated with women" I proved you wrong on all counts... publicly. You know we women are good at multitasking.

As I said, the American Wood Council has 71:
    1hpkdk.jpg

Yes, when I say "association" I am over, over obviously referring to inspection associations. Note the article in post #1 which is the topic of this thread. I am over, over obviously not referring to the NRA or NAMBLA.

And when I say "inspection" I am over, over obviously not referring to inspections of luggage performed by the TSA.

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Yes, when I say "association" I am over, over obviously referring to inspection associations. Note the article in post #1 which is the topic of this thread. I am over, over obviously not referring to the NRA or NAMBLA.

And when I say "inspection" I am over, over obviously not referring to inspections of luggage performed by the TSA.

How would I know you are referring to home inspection associations when you said, and I quote "IN ANY INDUSTRY". You're not even a licensed home inspector.

Actually, your not a licensed anything in this industry.

......and it's "over, over, obvious"

- - - Updated - - -

"IN ANY INDUSTRY"

Those are your words, are they not?

As I said, the American Wood Council has 71:
    InterNACHI offers 70 ICC-approved courses, so if you only count the number of courses we divided our ICC-approved training into, we are #2. But that's silly because InterNACHI's courses are so huge and could easily be spilt up into many more.

If you correctly count number of hours of training ICC approved, InterNACHI is BY FAR the largest provider of ICC-approved courses: https://www.nachi.org/icc-safe-inter...al-courses.htm No other provider even comes close.

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

- - - Updated - - -

[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]And between "doing my nails" and "other chores associated with women" I proved you wrong on all counts... publicly. You know we women are good at multitasking.

LOL.......

- - - Updated - - -

InterNACHI offers 70 ICC-approved courses, so if you only count the number of courses we divided our ICC-approved training into, we are #2. But that's silly because InterNACHI's courses are so huge and could easily be spilt up into many more.

If you correctly count number of hours of training ICC approved, InterNACHI is BY FAR the largest provider of ICC-approved courses: https://www.nachi.org/icc-safe-inter...al-courses.htm No other provider even comes close.

Being as the AWC could do the same, split the courses up, your point is invalid.

You were/are wrong.....you are #2, not #1.......it's that simple. I used your own method and web link to show you were wrong.

In the overall context of things, it's not that big an issue.....just admit you were wrong and we can all move on....

[QUOTE=Lisa Endza;271080]Yes, when I say "association" I am over, over obviously referring to inspection associations. Note the article in post #1 which is the topic of this thread. I am over, over obviously not referring to the NRA or NAMBLA.

And when I say "inspection" I am over, over obviously not referring to inspections of luggage performed by the TSA.[/QUOTE]

"IN ANY INDUSTRY"

Lisa wrote in part:

And between "doing my nails" and "other chores associated with women" I proved you wrong on all counts... publicly. You know we women are good at multitasking.
    Lisa, I am sorry if you took offence to my sexist remarks. I am really a nice guy. At times using my fork tongue gets in the way of trying to be humorous to a mixed crowd. ... And only because I am not a politically correct sorta guy.

It might also help if I told you I like to multi task too. Between inspections I vacuum, do dishes, cut my nails, brush my teeth and comb my hair, run a household, cut the grass take out the trash, and run a business, amongst other manly endeavours. See we do have something in common.

Thank you for your patience in putting up with me. That alone is worth a pay increase for you. Right Nick?

All the best to you in the New Year Lisa.

Good points Robert Sheppard.

Here is what you said:

the NAHB is listed as a "trade association with over 140,000 members". How many members does inacho have again....remind me.....?
    You were showing that there are other associations larger than InterNACHI.

You then went to quote me as if I had claimed InterNACHI was larger than any other association in "any other industry"

Here is what you said:

"IN ANY INDUSTRY"

Those are your words, are they not?
    I hate to do this to you Robert because I know you take pride in being a home inspector and are paid to notice things and be accurate, but you forced me to: I never said InterNACHI was the largest association "IN ANY INDUSTRY." I'm sorry to have to have publicly embarrassed you again.

Here is my exact quote pulled from the post I made yesterday:

InterNACHI is proud to have the highest renewal rate of any trade association (in any industry) in all of human history.
    Proving you wrong is interfering with me completing my "chores associated with women." Gotta run.

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Here is what you said:

You were showing that there are other associations larger than InterNACHI.

You then went to quote me as if I had claimed InterNACHI was larger than any other association in "any other industry"

Here is what you said:

I hate to do this to you Robert because I know you take pride in being a home inspector and are paid to notice things and be accurate, but you forced me to: I never said InterNACHI was the largest association "IN ANY INDUSTRY." I'm sorry to have to have publicly embarrassed you again.

Here is my exact quote pulled from the post I made yesterday:

Proving you wrong is interfering with me completing my "chores associated with women." Gotta run.

LOL......just admit you were wrong so we can all move on. Honestly, do you not think people are capable of using the link you provided to show that in fact you are #2 and not #1? How can anyone believe anything you say when you are so easily proven wrong?

You are not the largest trade association, you do not have the highest renewal rate of any trade association (in any industry) or human history, and you are #2 not #1 on ICC approved courses behind the AWC........and, you have been the largest "home inspection" trade association for only 3 years. That's hardly the test of time for any successful association or business, it's barely an antibiotic cycle.

You are not an industry professional Lisa, you need to understand that.

p.s. I think you are confusing me with Raymond on the sexist remarks.

Last edited by Robert Sheppard; 12-31-2016 at 12:23 PM.

To both Roberts

For your delectation from a Canadian court pov. Expert Witness

CanLII - 2013 ONSC 6989 (CanLII)
    Interesting case.

[32] The Appellant at trial presented an expert witness, in the person of Mr. Paul Wilson, to speak to that main issue of a standard of inspection of roofs by which the Appellant’s conduct during his inspection of the home in question could be measured or judged.
    I find it unusual a fellow OAHI RHI, Paul Wilson, a name that rings a bell from years back, is allowed to be expert witness in the first place.

[34] For the reasons given by the Deputy Judge he rejected the evidence of Mr. Wilson. At page 29 of his decision the Deputy Judge stated that he found the evidence of Mr. Wilson to be “self-serving given for the express purpose of legitimating CAHPI and OAHI as the only legitimate representatives of the industry. He did not find Mr. Wilson’s evidence as to what standard should be followed to be of any help to the Court.

Good read.

Yes but further on ...

[66]** ** ** * I can take no issue with the Deputy Judge’s prerogative in deciding what evidence to accept or reject.* In this task he is to be accorded appropriate deference.** For the reasons given by him he rejected the evidence of the Appellant and his expert evidence Mr. Wilson.* There is no question that there are aspects of the testimony of these two witnesses that can be characterized as “problematic”.

[67]** ** ** * Nonetheless, a finding that a witness’s evidence is “self-serving” is a strong statement and ought to be supported by specific reference to the evidence. This was not done by the Deputy Judge.* Nor can my examination of the Appellant’s evidence and that of Mr. Wilson persuade me of that apprehension of their evidence.* The testimonies of the Applicant and of Mr. Wilson were clearly in support of a particular conclusion, namely that the standard to be applied to the facts of the case ought to be those endorsed by the OAHI and the CAHPI.* Both these witnesses had an association with these organizations.* They were testifying for one side of this litigation as were the witnesses presented by the Respondents.* This alone, in my view, does not reasonably lead to the conclusion that their evidence is “self-serving”.

[68]** ** ** * The position advanced by the Appellant at the trial has found favour with other courts which extends beyond the individual interests of the Appellant in this case. As counsel for the Appellant submitted the standard advanced by the witnesses for the Appellant, namely that in certain circumstances visual home inspections are an acceptable standard to be imposed has been* raised and accepted in other cases. (See Brownjohn v. Ramsay, [2003] B.C.J. No. 43 (Prov. Ct.); Rayne v. Martin, supra, and Biggs v. Harris (c.o.b. Harris Homes Inspections), [1999] O.J. No. 4831 (S.C.J).* The Deputy Judge does not seem to have given any consideration to this.*

and, you have been the largest "home inspection" trade association for only 3 years.
    Wrong again. InterNACHI isn't larger on the day when ASHI finally concedes so. That's silly.

InterNACHI has been larger than ASHI for almost a decade. The evidence presented to ASHI in 2012 (more than 4 years ago) was so overwhelming and indisputable that InterNACHI was many times larger than ASHI, that even ASHI's legal counsel conceded it in writing in April of 2013. Read the letter from ASHI's attorney: https://www.nachi.org/documents2012/...ssociation.pdf

But size doesn't matter honey (I'm sure you've been told this before ). What matters to individual members is membership benefits. Scroll baby scroll... Which Home Inspection Association Should I Join?

Gotta run. Getting my nails done for New Years.

Last edited by Lisa Endza; 12-31-2016 at 02:25 PM.
    Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't say that.....you did. My statement merely reflected the information you sourced.

Are you providing non-credible information about the industry again Lisa? Is this like the 70 approved ICC courses? Have you no shame?

Last edited by Robert Sheppard; 12-31-2016 at 03:14 PM.

Lisa

If you haven't finished your nails (ha ha only kidding) can you kindly provide some links to how complaints are handled who is the so-called SOP Committee? If you can't do it, after all its New Years Eve, I understand.

Catch ya later.

Thank you.

Happy New Year.

Shall we tackle this one now?

Before we get started, I want you to remember something. I was on the Board of Directors for a Home Inspection Association, I was also their Legislative Chairman.

.......I almost forgot, you're 0 for 2 now.

1. Quote: "I found the largest provider of ICC courses. They have more ICC courses than any other provider"

2. "You do realize that most defects found by home inspectors are on systems and components installed to code. For example, most plumbing leaks occur in plumbing that is up to code"

.......I almost forgot, you're 0 for 2 now.

1. Quote: "I found the largest provider of ICC courses. They have more ICC courses than any other provider"

2. "You do realize that most defects found by home inspectors are on systems and components installed to code. For example, most plumbing leaks occur in plumbing that is up to code"
    ALL .. I repeat ... ALL ... plumbing leaks are code violations.

Any leaks in reasonably new plumbing is a code violation of its construction.

Any leaks in old plumbing is a code violation of any property maintenance code.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    ALL .. I repeat ... ALL ... plumbing leaks are code violations.

Any leaks in reasonably new plumbing is a code violation of its construction.

Any leaks in old plumbing is a code violation of any property maintenance code.

When the best Home inspector in the business is telling you something, you may want to listen.....

When the best Home inspector in the business is telling you something, you may want to listen.....

If it is an installation error provides a leak by not following "the manufacturer's installation recommendation," is that considered not following code?

If it is an installation error provides a leak by not following "the manufacturer's installation recommendation," is that considered not following code?

Please tell me you are being sarcastic?

Wrong again. InterNACHI isn't larger on the day when ASHI finally concedes so. That's silly.

InterNACHI has been larger than ASHI for almost a decade. The evidence presented to ASHI in 2012 (more than 4 years ago) was so overwhelming and indisputable that InterNACHI was many times larger than ASHI, that even ASHI's legal counsel conceded it in writing in April of 2013. Read the letter from ASHI's attorney: https://www.nachi.org/documents2012/...ssociation.pdf

But size doesn't matter honey (I'm sure you've been told this before ). What matters to individual members is membership benefits. Scroll baby scroll... Which Home Inspection Association Should I Join?

Gotta run. Getting my nails done for New Years.
    Robert S. you must admit, when a lady is spot on, she's spot on!

Ha ha ha.
    Lisa, I am looking at you in a whole new light right now.
    My kinda woman.

Ray, Give That Wet Noodle To Lisa Post Haste!!!
    Baby am I ready.
    Let the whippen games begin!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please tell me you are being sarcastic?
    No sir. Define what code provides please.
    As well, what manufacturer's provide as warranties for there products.

Last edited by ROBERT YOUNG; 12-31-2016 at 04:25 PM. Reason: slow server

Robert S. you must admit, when a lady is spot on, she's spot on!

Ha ha ha.
    Lisa, I am looking at you in a whole new light right now.
    My kinda woman.

Ray, Give That Wet Noodle To Lisa Post Haste!!!
    Baby am I ready.
    Let the whippen games begin!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No sir. Define what code provides please.
    As well, what manufacturer's provide as warranties for there products.

Manufacturer's installation instruction are enforceable extensions of the Building Code. How can you not know this?

R106.1.2 Manufacturer’s installation instructions. Manufacturer’s installation instructions, as required by this code, shall be available on the job site at the time of inspection.

Throughout the code, it directs that materials or equipment be installed in accordance with the manufacturer’s installation instructions. An example is the installation of modified bitumen roofing, as set forth in Section R905.11.3. The code recognizes that the manufacturer can best relate the specific installation requirements applicable to its specific product. Where the code mandates that the manufacturer’s installation instructions be followed, those instructions must be available at the job site. In this way, both the installers and inspector are able to see that the directives of the manufacturer are being followed.

Read P2503 - what does it say the plumbing system needs to be?

"leak free"

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Thank you Robert S.
    I did not know that.
    I will try to refer to an article I found tomorrow.

Now where Lisa with that wet noodle Ray gave her:-)

"Happy News!"everyone at Inspection news.
    Sorry for shouting if you have a hangover. Ops.

Hey look mom I can become certified in as little as 5 days. God help the public.

https://www.nachi.org/school/event/b...ome-inspector/

Better post the fee calculator here - soothe the natives.
    https://www.nachi.org/forum/f48/chea...ectors-117889/
    Raymond, to be fair to the statement, "become certified in as little as 5 days." if I am not mistaken Claude Lawrence was a professor at a school that did the exact same thing. wasn't it Humber College.
    Moreover, I think he had the title teacher as his official capacity until an Ontario grandfathering clause kicked in with all teachers being designated professors.

You use to use that "personally well developed narrative" directed at him if I am not mistaken. He use to explain the facts behind the course if I remember correctly. Moreover, look how he is recognised now throughout Canada. Must be something to hands on training. As well, become certified in as little as 5 days does not denote, will be a certified in as little as 5 days.

I think Robert S. summed it up well saying, construction experience is an asset and I agree.

Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda at least allow the providers and professors a/the chance to explain the curriculum and prerequisites involved for certifications before say, "God help the public." I think the correct term to use would be the home purchasing consumer as well.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast